Wow, didn't think we had it in us.

What do you think about the world?
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Wow, didn't think we had it in us.

Post by Akaran_D »

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) -- Johnnie Chennault has no regrets about joining the Navy Reserve, even though it means he's going to Iraq later this month.

But he does worry about not being around to help take care of his house full of 11 kids.

"Leaving my children, leaving my wife for so long -- you're going to miss all the little things as the kids grow up," he said.

Chennault and his wife, Ronda, have a full range of children of all ages growing up at their home in Springfield, a small town about 30 miles north of Nashville: Terr'i, 17; Stephen, 15; Jobie, 14; Joshua, 12; Zakari, 8; Johnnie IV, 7; Mikal, 6; Syerra, 4; Gracee, 3; Jakob, 1; and Nikalus, 8 months.

"Yeah, I have more kids than most people, but I don't think my kids are any more important to me than somebody who has two kids. His kids are important to him, too. I just have more to miss."

The Chennaults knew deployment was possible when he joined the Navy's Construction Battalion, the famed Seabees, two years ago.

Chennault, 29, had inquired about enlisting in the Army, the Air Force, the Marines and the Navy, but they all told him it was against policy to take someone who has that many children to support on a newly enlisted man's pay. The Navy, however, said that wouldn't matter if he joined the Reserves.

But with the war in Iraq, his unit was called up for duty, and he leaves Sunday for training at Gulfport, Mississippi, and then on to Iraq.

"After 9/11 it just seemed like a big need, like there was something else I could do," Chennault said. "My country has done so much for me and my family -- why couldn't I take a little time out and do something for it."

His employer, Sears, will make up the difference in pay while he's in Iraq, an assignment Chennault thinks will last seven or eight months.

He has worked for Sears for nine years, mostly as an auto mechanic. But he recently took a promotion to assistant manager in the auto department.

"He's big-hearted, and he'd do whatever it takes to help someone else out," said his boss, Chris Nokes. "I wish he wasn't going. I just hope he comes home safe."

After entering the reserves, Chennault remained committed to his military service. He recalls that when the Navy announced that his unit was getting called up, his name wasn't on the initial deployment list because of a clerical error.

"I raised my hand and the first question I asked was, 'Why am I not going?' ... I said, 'Look, I don't think it's fair for my brothers and sisters here to be going. They have children, and their children are just as important to them as mine are to me."'

Chennault's wife is supportive.

"We go to a really good church, and they talk in there a lot about the husband's and the wife's role, what the Bible says is the husband's and wife's role," she explains. "And my role is to support my husband. My mother told me when I got married, 'Your life is about him, and you need to be there for him."'

They met while working on the General Jackson excursion boat and married when she was 25 and he was 19. Four of the children are hers from a previous marriage.

While her husband is away, Ronda Chennault will rely more on her parents and on their church, South Haven Baptist. The children will have to do more for themselves.

Still, she worries.

"I have trouble sleeping when he's not here. That's one of the hardest things," she said.

She knows she's going to miss him, but Ronda Chennault is proud of the example her husband is setting.

"It's important for the kids to see that he can't just weasel out of the duty that he volunteered for," she said.
I'll let people better versed than I discuss the implications and the idiocy of sending a man with 11 children overseas to fight in this muck we're trying to dig ourselves out of - but I think it's cool that my corporate controllers will make up the difference in his pay from what he'd normally make - his army pay.

/quasi impressed
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

the "clerical error" was the Navy trying to not send him.

It sounds like he wouldn't take no for an answer. Not a lot you can do if someone is dead set on going.

Nice of Sears to pick up the difference.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yeah real fucking saints
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

That was a nice gesture by Sears. My favorite line came from the wife, "We go to a really good church, where they told me to support my husband."
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

With 11 kids I bet he's dead set on going. :lol:
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

the wife sounds totally brainwashed to two generations ago...

what is the "gut feeling" impact of this story?...

and if he dies, how about the story of the guy with 11 kids who died in iraq leaving a single mom to raise 11 kids?... sometimes people just aren't thinking straight. i have been lightly considering the reserves lately, but that's because im 25 and single... if i had a family that's the last thing I'd be thinking right now.
Last edited by Fash on February 13, 2005, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

Uh, you dont join a service to hope you wont be sent to a conflict. You join you go. Simple as that. Dont be a cunt and complain when you are called up, you signed the line and you serve. Even tho its not a war/conflict I agree with. Being on a damn ship away from any combat won't make me cry a river for him.

My employer also did the same thing, and 2 weeks full pay the first 2 weeks I was active. A lot of places do this. Then again I guess it helps when the Bush's brother mentions you in a speach along with the company.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

He's 29 and the eldest kid is 17?

What I think is even more laughable? That there's a difference for sears to pick up between his pay and active duty pay in Iraq =)
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Look at the negativity flow!

There is support for our troops in Iraq from americans in the United States...as much as some liberal scum try to paint a negative picture, the overwhelming majority of americans have a clue this time and are doing what they can to help with support.

I don't know what rank this guy is but Ross Perot paid the difference in salary of a major working for him that just returned recently from Iraq and it's a great thing to do. Majors make decent pay but if you've done well for yourself in the corporate world, there's a good chance you're making more money than you'd get from your reserve status rank in the military (if zaeleth wasn't such an idiot, he'd realize that reservists don't climb in rank as fast so obviously their current job most likely makes more than the rank they hold from mostly stagnant reservist rank status...I know zaeleth probably thinks even when you go inactive that you should fly up the ranks)
Rivera Bladestrike
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Rivera Bladestrike »

Zaelath wrote:He's 29 and the eldest kid is 17?
This was what I was wondering...
My name is (removed to protect dolphinlovers)

Rivera / Shiezer - EQ (Retired)

What I Am Listening To
VariaVespasa
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by VariaVespasa »

It says the first 4 kids are from the wifes previous marraige. She's 35 so a 17 year old kid isnt so unusual. The oldest of the 7 kids that are his is 8 years old. She really doesnt believe in birth control, or even just counting. Not tonight dear, I have a headache!
*Hugs*
Varia
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

the overwhelming majority of americans have a clue this time
Sarcasm? :lol:
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:Look at the negativity flow!

There is support for our troops in Iraq from americans in the United States...as much as some liberal scum try to paint a negative picture, the overwhelming majority of americans have a clue this time and are doing what they can to help with support.

I don't know what rank this guy is but Ross Perot paid the difference in salary of a major working for him that just returned recently from Iraq and it's a great thing to do. Majors make decent pay but if you've done well for yourself in the corporate world, there's a good chance you're making more money than you'd get from your reserve status rank in the military (if zaeleth wasn't such an idiot, he'd realize that reservists don't climb in rank as fast so obviously their current job most likely makes more than the rank they hold from mostly stagnant reservist rank status...I know zaeleth probably thinks even when you go inactive that you should fly up the ranks)
Mmmm, bile. So tasty.

Pardon me for thinking anyone on active duty should be paid more than an "assistant manager at the auto department" at Sears =) It's not a matter of rank you feckless twat.

You really value those troops there Winnow! Until you have to fork out the phat cash.

I think Sears doing this is a good thing, unreservedly, even though they got some lovely advertising for it, I don't care.. it's the right thing to do. There's no "negativity" to Sears in what I said.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:
You really value those troops there Winnow! Until you have to fork out the phat cash.
wtf are you talking about? If I had a friends and family plan for phone use, it would include 90 percent military or ex military people. Quit pulling shit out of your ass.

I'm all for more military pay. Double it! I'll vote for it!
Tinkin Tankem
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Tinkin Tankem »

He's in a construction batallion. Don't think he's gonna be on the front lines. Outside of the "Triangle of Death" I think the country is pretty much locked down. So as far as the death thing goes he's most likey in the same odds of dying whether he's overseas or here. The extra income that he'll be making while overseas can't hurt either.

How can people be upset about this when he is not. Brainwashed or not it was his choice, it's not like he got drafted.
Thinking of something new!
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Zaelath wrote:
wtf are you talking about? If I had a friends and family plan for phone use, it would include 90 percent military or ex military people. Quit pulling shit out of your ass.

I'm all for more military pay. Double it! I'll vote for it!
I said the military should pay more.

You went off on a bitter, vetching rant.

Gee, I wonder how I could come to the misconcieved conclusion that you were against the military paying more?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:

Gee, I wonder how I could come to the misconcieved conclusion that you were against the military paying more?
You didn't say the military should pay more. You made a jackass remark about it being laughable that sears would be paying more than whatever rank the individual has in our military. I can't help that our third rate department stores pay more to an assistant manager than your best jobs pay down under now can we?

Go boss some Aborigines around or something. They sure looked like they were on equal footing with you ex white criminals when I was down there last time.

You guys rock down there! Keep telling us Americans how it's all supposed to work!
The unemployment rate among Aborigines in 1995 was three times the national average, and their average income reached about half. They had an infant mortality rate three times the national average, a suicide rate six times higher, and an adult life expectancy 20 years below the average for Australians generally; Aborigines living in remote areas of northern Australia faced extremely high death rates – three and four times the national average for men and women respectively. In 2000 Aborigines continued to be severely disadvantaged. Their infant mortality rate remained higher (one in four infant deaths in Australia is Aboriginal), life expectancy lower (53% of Aboriginal men and 41% of Aboriginal women die before the age of 50, while the figures for the wider Australian community are 13% and 7%). Rates of cardiovascular disease, respiratory illness, diabetes, injuries, and infectious disease among Aborigines were much higher than among non-Aboriginal Australians. As well as having a higher unemployment rate, imprisonment rate is also higher for Aborigines, compared with the general population. Aboriginal people were also more likely to be homeless or living in overcrowded accommodation.
As I've said before, shut your trap about our affairs until you fix your own problems worse than ours. Hypocrite. Can Aborigines drink from the same fountains as you white folk down there yet?
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Winnow you do realize your country "solved" its aboriginal problem with genocide right? Talk about glass houses....
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Zaelath wrote:

You didn't say the military should pay more. You made a jackass remark about it being laughable that sears would be paying more than whatever rank the individual has in our military. I can't help that our third rate department stores pay more to an assistant manager than your best jobs pay down under now can we?

Go boss some Aborigines around or something. They sure looked like they were on equal footing with you ex white criminals when I was down there last time.

You guys rock down there! Keep telling us Americans how it's all supposed to work!

As I've said before, shut your trap about our affairs until you fix your own problems worse than ours. Hypocrite. Can Aborigines drink from the same fountains as you white folk down there yet?
You so funny. Again you go off on some retarded tangent and even more laughable than usual; like your native americans are that much better off than our aborignials, and you're guilty of the same kind of sins in regards to many other minority races. But that's as far as I'm going to acknowledge your attempted derail.

Just because you lack the intelligence to comprehend that (Sears shouldn't be paying more than active duty pay to a blue collar manager) <=> (The military should be paying more for active duty than Sears pays a blue collar manager), doesn't mean you should lack the dignity to admit you misunderstood the point.

Oh yeah, and the Australian standard of living is higher than in the US:

http://www.undp.org/hdr2003/indicator/indic_15_1_1.html

OH NOZ, U R greatestest country in teh world!!!11!! This is obviously another of those incredibly biased UN studies. My bad.

*pat* wanna cookie?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Haha Forthe.

Winnow got knocked the fuck out!
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Avestan wrote:
Nice of Sears to pick up the difference.
Thats pretty much standard practice of any corporation for soldiers leaving work I thought? I know they do it here.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

i'm not sure they're legally required to do it Stragi, though i think they should be.

flip side is small companies would have a hard time affording to do that. big corporations though can cancel one lunch for their executives and probably save the guys salary for 2 years.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Forthe wrote:Winnow you do realize your country "solved" its aboriginal problem with genocide right? Talk about glass houses....
I do. I wasn't planning on writing an essay on how well the United States handled american natives, the point was that Australia is no better and in fact, worse if you're looking at the present and not the past.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I really love the whole 'SORT YUOR COUNTRY OUT OMG BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE AMERICA' as if that was an actual legitimately intelligent thing to say.

So a guy in Poland or Estonia or Mexico cannot commentate on any world view if his countries social security system is fucked?

Um, once and for all we can call this practice for what it is.......plain fucking retarded.

Argue the point don't run.

And it fucking is laughable that Sears would be paying more than whatever rank the individual has in the military to put his LIFE on the line (omg!)

It has nothing to do with any other job in any other country, period.

Winnow would evidently be massively surprised at how various other countries are in fact just as rich per head or richer than the US.

WHAT A SHOCKER! THERE IS EVOLVED SOCIETIES OUTSIDE TEH AMERICAN DREEM?!?!?!!?!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Teenybloke wrote:And it fucking is laughable that Sears would be paying more than whatever rank the individual has in the military to put his LIFE on the line
You're right about everything else except for this. I think what Sears is doing is pretty great, its what a good employer should do.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I think he is saying it's sad that a soldiers pay check is so low, that Sears is making up the difference...of his normal civilian paycheck.
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Thats what I kinda thought, but his first post here throws me off.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What's sad about this? Has anyone figured out his rank yet? Lower enlisted ranks make shit for money just like if you walked off the street and got a job at McDonalds. Are people in the military supposed to automatically get 50K a year just by signing on the dotted line.

You people are so one sided. If this guy joined the military early on as an enlisted man and then went reserve early on as well, he just doesn't have a rank high enough to pull in a big paycheck.

Quit being such idiots. This guy obviously has been at sear awhile if he's worked his way from mechanic to managment. There's nothing wrong with someone starting out their career in the military and then getting out early and working their way up in the civilian sector to GASP, make more money than a private would.

The military takes just about anyone who wants to join. Is there something magical that makes an low skill or inexperienced person that joins tha military automatically deserving of a 50K/year paycheck?

This is the shit conservatives have to deal with daily...ignorance of liberals that think everything should be handed out on a silver platter without considering the details.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Says the man sitting in his comfy corporate chair.

How much would they have to pay you to risk your life?

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

considering the Pentagon pays civilian contractors over $100K a year TO DRIVE A TRUCK, i dont think it is asking a lot for soldiers in the line of fire to be paid over $50K a year.

In fact, lets do some quick math to see how that would impact the cost of the war.

Troops in Iraq = 130,000
Imaginary avg salary = $30K

Imaginary salary boost per head $30K
Addt'l overhead in benefits etc $15K per head.

Totaly cost per year = $5.8 billion

Or basically less than 8% of the money requested by the president to pay for the military operations this fiscal year. Its a lot of money, but not really a massive percentage of the cost of our military operations.

also, if you could pay for that by taxing the richest segments of society who are not being asked to sacrifice anything. It is a fact that the overwheming majority of the people sacrificing their lives in Iraq are not affluent people.

In past wars, all social classes have been asked to sacrifice. That $6 billion could be made up very quickly by a fairly modest tax.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

pyrella wrote:Says the man sitting in his comfy corporate chair.

This new chair doesn't have an adjustable lumbar pad like my old one.

We have an all volunteer armed forces. Americans volunteer to enlist in the military knowing full well what the pay is.

As I've stated previously, I support higher pay for servicemen across the board but I still don't think 50K/year is required as starting pay. If there aren't enough volunteers, we'll get a democrat president in office to start up a draft.

I've also stated that everyone but myself has a military history in my family. My experience is limited to having registered for selective services when I turned 18 and spending a year with ROTC, unnoficially, while in college, getting up at 5am, working out with them, going on drills, basically experiencing everything they did for that year including weekend drills, firing and cleaning M-16's, M-60's. While I chose not to join the military, I took plenty of time to familiarize myself with how it all works and experienced some of it from both enlisted and officer viewpoints.

I have much respect for our servicemen. That doesn't translate into 50K/year and a higher starting pay than 95% of the starting pay for college graduates. "Volunteer" look that word up.(A person who freely enlists for (military) service) is the first definition for the word. That's what makes america's current forces the best in the world and the lack of it that hurt us in the Vietnam era.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Winnow wrote:

Well?

-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

pyrella wrote:
Winnow wrote:

Well?
Zero. If I voluntarily enlisted into military service, I'd be going based on a moral decision, not financial.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Not that you actually would...because you don't believe in the causes?

In the hypothetical *if*, what would you expect? If you truly would volunteer, you would have. Simple question here, you know what I'm asking, you of all people have no moral ground to stand on for anything other than trying to incite other people.

So what would you *expect* if you were to put your life on the line on a daily basis, and still had to maintain your bills? 0 doesn't cover very much in todays day and age.

-Cadalano
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

pyrella wrote:Not that you actually would...because you don't believe in the causes?

In the hypothetical *if*, what would you expect? If you truly would volunteer, you would have. Simple question here, you know what I'm asking, you of all people have no moral ground to stand on for anything other than trying to incite other people.

So what would you *expect* if you were to put your life on the line on a daily basis, and still had to maintain your bills? 0 doesn't cover very much in todays day and age.
It's getting too hypothetical now! I'd want exactly whatever our publically elected officials have determined the pay rates are for military service with it's current rank and skill structure.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Winnow wrote:
pyrella wrote:Not that you actually would...because you don't believe in the causes?

It's getting too hypothetical now! I'd want exactly whatever our publically elected officials have determined the pay rates are for military service with it's current rank and skill structure.

Why does it not strike me as odd that you have no feeling of self worth then? (ziiiiiiiing)

-Cadalano
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/nat_wo ... efits.html

In your favor, it does appear to be that you (a soldier) will be worth much more dead than alive.

-Cadalano
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

pyrella wrote: (ziiiiiiiing)

Seth Myers? ROFL

Awesome pull Py. HAHA
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

And actually, on top of all this, I'm going to have to eat some crow. I should switch my opinion stated above for the soldiers who are in combat. Your average recruiter/cook (non combat)/clerks/maintenance people/etc should get pay commensurate with experience and damn close to civilian wages of the same level.

However those who risk their lives should be getting a shit ton more than they do in 'hazard pay'.

-Cadalano
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

That would make the troop deaths in Iraq worth close to $150 million in 'death gratuities' and $220 million in insurance payouts.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

pyrella wrote: Why does it not strike me as odd that you have no feeling of self worth then? (ziiiiiiiing)
My feeling of self worth doesn't stem from dollars and cents. I'd happily take my pay in the form of electronic gizmos.

If I was only interested in bling, I wouldn't take the time to post comics and information about them, as one example on this message board or you wouldn't take the time to moderate this board. The value in it isn't defined in terms of money.

I'm an atheist which means my morals and values are self defined although heavily influenced by the law because I don't want to spend my life in the slammer.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

pyrella wrote:And actually, on top of all this, I'm going to have to eat some crow. I should switch my opinion stated above for the soldiers who are in combat. Your average recruiter/cook (non combat)/clerks/maintenance people/etc should get pay commensurate with experience and damn close to civilian wages of the same level.

However those who risk their lives should be getting a shit ton more than they do in 'hazard pay'.
Which is why my original thought on the matter mentioned "active duty pay in Iraq".

Winnow rambles off some more about starting salaries and rank and how much he wouldn't think about volunteering to fight in this war that he feels is so righteous, and yet not enough of a threat that people are climbing over each other in recruitment offices, blather, posture, wank.

His rank as a reservist, and the pay for that rank when he's not active aren't really relevant.

And yeah, they should get $50k/year when they sign on the dotted line; if that dotted line is in a combat zone.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:
And yeah, they should get $50k/year when they sign on the dotted line; if that dotted line is in a combat zone.
When they sign on the dotted line, it doesn't say, "During peacetime only". They know what they're going to get and the possibility that it includes time served in combat zones. Do I need to quote the oath taken here?

You guys are better than the agents for baseball players that write up contracts. If you signed up for the military, I bet you'd get your college education paid for, 100K a year, and a clause for an instant discharge in case of something that actually required you to do your job.

Not taking Zaeleth's worthless sideline chatter into account, americans who feel soldiers should get a million dollars a day for combat, should write to your congressmen and tell them the only way you'll reelect them is if our soldiers all get a million dollars a day in combat zones. (I'm not exaggerating the figure..why stop at 50K? That was an arbitrary number) Our country wouldn't last a year with you in charge of our finances.

For Freedom!...well give me a million dollars first...ok...FOR FREEDOM! CHARGE!

What you want has a name..it's called a mercenary army...not out for anything but money. Fortunately, we have enough people in this country that believe in and are willing to defend and support it's elected leader's decisions to secure our interests in the world...if we didn't, those leaders would be voted out of office.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Zaelath wrote:
When they sign on the dotted line, it doesn't say, "During peacetime only". They know what they're going to get and the possibility that it includes time served in combat zones. Do I need to quote the oath taken here?

You guys are better than the agents for baseball players that write up contracts. If you signed up for the military, I bet you'd get your college education paid for, 100K a year, and a clause for an instant discharge in case of something that actually required you to do your job.

Not taking Zaeleth's worthless sideline chatter into account, americans who feel soldiers should get a million dollars a day for combat, should write to your congressmen and tell them the only way you'll reelect them is if our soldiers all get a million dollars a day in combat zones. (I'm not exaggerating the figure..why stop at 50K? That was an arbitrary number) Our country wouldn't last a year with you in charge of our finances.

For Freedom!...well give me a million dollars first...ok...FOR FREEDOM! CHARGE!

What you want has a name..it's called a mercenary army...not out for anything but money. Fortunately, we have enough people in this country that believe in and are willing to defend and support it's elected leader's decisions to secure our interests in the world...if we didn't, those leaders would be voted out of office.
Heh, worthless sideline chatter? Tell me again about our aboriginals and your aboriginals and how out-fucking-standing their lives are. I've seen a family of aboriginals in a restraunt, have you? Your "I've been to Queensland, home of sand, surf, sun and the unemployed" deep insight of Australia not withstanding, all the running off into the relative safety of attacking something irrelevant has been your deal.

I bet you were the type of loud idiot tourist that gives your race a bad name too.
Brotha
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Brotha »

Zaelath wrote:I bet you were the type of loud idiot tourist that gives your race a bad name too.
You have something against white people?
Freedom of speech makes it much easier to spot the idiots.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Brotha wrote:
Zaelath wrote:I bet you were the type of loud idiot tourist that gives your race a bad name too.
You have something against white people?
Americans are a race all of their own, just look at the reaction you get from a Canadian when you mistake their accent.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote: Heh, worthless sideline chatter? Tell me again about our aboriginals and your aboriginals and how out-fucking-standing their lives are.
Our "aboriginals" are just fine thanks because we don't have any although they're welcome to get the hell out of dodge and come join us if they can earn enough money in your country to GTFO of that racist pit of ex euro criminals.

And no, I didn't see any "aboriginals" in restaurants while I was in Aussieland. What I did see is them trying to make a few coins doing their native dances at tourist spots. Nice.

Sorry to say, I only saw you white folk in the civilized sectors of your society...didn't check in the back to see who the dishwashers were though so I may have missed them. It's like South Africa Part Deux down under.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
Zaelath wrote: Heh, worthless sideline chatter? Tell me again about our aboriginals and your aboriginals and how out-fucking-standing their lives are.
Our "aboriginals" are just fine thanks because we don't have any although they're welcome to get the hell out of dodge and come join us if they can earn enough money in your country to GTFO of that racist pit of ex euro criminals.

And no, I didn't see any "aboriginals" in restaurants while I was in Aussieland. What I did see is them trying to make a few coins doing their native dances at tourist spots. Nice.

Sorry to say, I only saw you white folk in the civilized sectors of your society...didn't check in the back to see who the dishwashers were though so I may have missed them. It's like South Africa Part Deux down under.
God you're thick. Aborignal is just another word for native. You probably call them red indians. Your ancestors were a little more efficient than mine at wiping out the natives, but you still have a few left.

If I was actually descended from someone that managed to survive the horrific sea voyage here, then stay alive in the horrific conditions the convicts endured here.. I'd probably be proud to be from such hardy stock.

*yawn* really, turn off the TiVo and read a fucking book or something.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote: God you're thick. Aborignal is just another word for native. You probably call them red indians. Your ancestors were a little more efficient than mine at wiping out the natives, but you still have a few left.
Aboriginal has nothing to do with natives in America.

A quick look at the dictionary provides us with reason #999 why you're a tool.

Aboriginal:
A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

i honestly hate to disagree with you but aboriginal DOES mean native. that's where the austrainlian aborigonies(sp) get their name.
1 : an aboriginal inhabitant especially as contrasted with an invading or colonizing people
2 often capitalized : a member of any of the indigenous peoples of Australia
much love to you though winn.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=aborigine
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای