Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Fucking shame
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Akaran_D »

I know a couple people heading up that way for a concert this week.. hope they weren't there.
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Man, that's really a bummer.

I kind of wish it could have been [you] instead. :(
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

that sucks :cry:
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

He was a fucking master on that guitar.... what a shitty way to go out.

I am very sad today.
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Met him at his strip club in Dallas.

The only good about this is that this guy lived Rock and Roll. He owned a fucking strip club!! Much Envy!

RIP.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Man, I love Pantera... this just sucks. It is very cool though that at least while he was alive he got the enjoyment of owning a strip club :)

I've played guitar for many years and his stuff has always been some of the most difficult to play and most awesome riffs. Very sad indeed...

Marb

PS - Love you too Holstoy!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm surprised there wasn't any trampled people. With someone up on stage firing into the crowd, I would think that the audience would be scootering for the exits most hastily.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

They were too stoned to run.
Deward
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

That sucks man. :( I thought rappers were the only ones that get shot. :(

<3 Pantera
en kærlighed småkager
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

:(:(:(
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

oh snap, xposted in Audio

very sad event, not just because the world lost a great guitar player but because of the sickening violence.

:(
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Uhh yeah. Sad that someone named "dimebag" is dead. Yeah. Gosh. Feeling awful here. Someone get me some tissues please.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Uhh yeah. Sad that someone named "dimebag" is dead. Yeah. Gosh. Feeling awful here. Someone get me some tissues please.
It's a nickname... "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott .. you know, like yours, "Troll Teabagger" Midnyte Ragebringer.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

What a fuckhead. Why can't you just die Mid? Everyone would be much happier.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Uhh yeah. Sad that someone named "dimebag" is dead. Yeah. Gosh. Feeling awful here. Someone get me some tissues please.
Yeah, because a guy who may or may not have recreationally used marijuana deserves to be shot several times at point-blank range while he is at work. Not to mention the other people who were killed while watching him perform.

Drugs are bad!

The worst part about you Midnyte is that you don't even know what a turd you are.

Go Blue!
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Pretty fucking obtuse of you.

Guess that's that right wing "compassionate conservatism" at work.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Tenuvil wrote:

Hey woah woah woah woah woah dont put this fuck with us normal conservatives.. Dimebag was an amazing guitarist and it truly pisses me off that someone had to end his life like this.

Midnyte, here's a big fuck you for that rediculous statement.
Timmah.

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Echoing Soreali on that...
en kærlighed småkager
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Soreali wrote:
Tenuvil wrote:

Hey woah woah woah woah woah dont put this fuck with us normal conservatives.. Dimebag was an amazing guitarist and it truly pisses me off that someone had to end his life like this.

Midnyte, here's a big fuck you for that rediculous statement.
mea culpa.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A post like that coming from Midnyte actually surprises anyone? Big shocker there!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

I think he just wanted attention...
sad event though,
although "dimebag" and pantera are known for making several blatant racist comments, and i heard that he was killed by someone who was offended

and i have always seen a dark sense of justice when a blatantly racist person is killed by the race he sees to be inferior, but i still cant smile upon someones death
Last edited by Xzion on December 10, 2004, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-xzionis human mage on mannoroth
-zeltharath tauren shaman on wildhammer
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Xzion wrote: although "dimebag" and pantera are known for making several blatant racist comments
Well, so is Midnyte :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Xzion wrote:I think he just wanted attention...
sad event though,
although "dimebag" and pantera are known for making several blatant racist comments, and i heard that he was killed by someone who was offended

and i have always seen a dark sense of justice when a blatantly racist person is killed by the race he sees to be inferior, but i still cant smile upon someones death
Latest word is that the person who killed Dime was an ex-Marine and dedicated Pantera fan who blamed Dime for the breakup of Pantera.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Ex-Marine....

still haven't met a sane one.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Mari es cannot stay sane, being forced to be boyfriends for the Navy messes with them.

On a side note, I do not care what he had or had not said in the past, or what he had or had not done, no one should walk into a crowded club and start shooting people for any reason. If he had molested the guys kid, the guy should have waited until after the show.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Kylere wrote:Mari es cannot stay sane, being forced to be boyfriends for the Navy messes with them.

On a side note, I do not care what he had or had not said in the past, or what he had or had not done, no one should walk into a crowded club and start shooting people for any reason. If he had molested the guys kid, the guy should have waited until after the show.
Or perhaps not shoot at all?

While not always the fastest solution, we do have a court system in this country.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

If someone molests your child the court system cannot provide adequate punishment until we cahnge the laws to put down child molestors like the dogs they are, the crime shows the worst rate of recidivism, which is one of the big reasons we have all the sexual offender registries. Child molestors do not "get better" anymore than someone straight can be turned gay, or gay turned straight.

All the christian forgiveness in the world will not fix a child molestor, but a .223 round will.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kylere wrote:If someone molests your child the court system cannot provide adequate punishment until we cahnge the laws to put down child molestors like the dogs they are, the crime shows the worst rate of recidivism, which is one of the big reasons we have all the sexual offender registries. Child molestors do not "get better" anymore than someone straight can be turned gay, or gay turned straight.

All the christian forgiveness in the world will not fix a child molestor, but a .223 round will.
It's easy to cure sex offenders. You simply need to remove their sex drive. That can be done with an operation. I'm surprised that's not a defacto standard for repeat sex offenders.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

That's right Win, the world could use more eunuchs!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

sad event though,

BINGO!

All the people who call me and many others hear racist, obviously don't mind if that racist makes "good?" (LOL) music? Way to go you fucking hypocrites!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Hesten wrote:
Xzion wrote: although "dimebag" and pantera are known for making several blatant racist comments
Well, so is Midnyte :)
Find one about blacks please.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
sad event though,

BINGO!

All the people who call me and many others hear racist, obviously don't mind if that racist makes "good?" (LOL) music? Way to go you fucking hypocrites!
Don't even try to justify your dumbfuck statement based on racism.
Midnyte wrote:Uhh yeah. Sad that someone named "dimebag" is dead. Yeah. Gosh. Feeling awful here. Someone get me some tissues please.
You were trashing the guy for having a nickname related to marijuana. I've don't recall ever going out of my way to flame any of your dumbshit comments before, but goddamn. Go crawl in a fucking hole.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Yup. I made a presumption based on a few stereotypes. A heavy metal guy whos nicknames was "dimebag". Turns out I was right huh? So kindly go fuck yourself and own up to your own pathetic hypocrasy! Fucking double standard losers.
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Yup. I made a presumption based on a few stereotypes. A heavy metal guy whos nicknames was "dimebag". Turns out I was right huh? So kindly go fuck yourself and own up to your own pathetic hypocrasy! Fucking double standard losers.
What a sad pathetic little life you lead
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Yup. I made a presumption based on a few stereotypes. A heavy metal guy whos nicknames was "dimebag". Turns out I was right huh? So kindly go fuck yourself and own up to your own pathetic hypocrasy! Fucking double standard losers.
if there's a hell you are certainly on the fast track, you intolerant narrowminded gimp
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

Yup. I made a presumption based on a few stereotypes. A heavy metal guy whos nicknames was "dimebag". Turns out I was right huh?
That what, marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to lead poisoning? I don't follow.
Remember when you presume, you make a pres out of u and me.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

"hypocrasy"? lol

It's lame to flame someone on their spelling but come on. As often as you throw around 'hypocrites' and its variants at least learn to spell them correctly.

And yeah, you're still a pathetic piece of shit if you think his lifestyle justified what happened to him (and the four others) at that club.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Brotha
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Brotha »

Getting back on topic...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,141121,00.html
Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio — The man who shot former Pantera guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and three other men to death at a nightclub was obsessed with the popular heavy metal band and made bizarre accusations against it, a onetime friend said in reports published Friday.

Jeramie Brey said gunman Nathan Gale (search) once showed up at a friend's house saying he wanted to share songs he had written. The pages of lyrics were copied from Pantera (search), but Gale claimed he had written them, Brey said.

"He was off his rocker," Brey told The Columbus Dispatch. "He said they were his songs, that Pantera stole them from him and that he was going to sue them."

He later told Brey that he planned to sue Pantera for stealing his identity. Brey and friend Dave Johnson said Gale's behavior frightened them and they distanced themselves from him several years ago. But other friends said they never considered Gale capable of violence.

On Wednesday night, the 25-year-old former Marine charged the stage at a show by Abbott's new band, Damageplan (search), and gunned down four people, including Abbott, before a policeman fatally shot him.

Police said Friday they still didn't know Gale's motive, and they may never find out. Some witnesses said Gale yelled accusations that the revered guitarist broke up Pantera, but police had not verified those reports.

"We may never know a motive for this, unless he left a note," said Sgt. Brent Mull.

An imposing figure at 6-foot-3, Gale had made people uneasy even at the tattoo parlor, staring and locking them into conversations about heavy metal music.

When he played offensive line for the semi-pro Lima Thunder football team, he psyched himself up before games by piping Pantera into his headphones, coach Mark Green said.

But Green had not pegged Gale as the type to go on a shooting rampage.

"It wasn't like he was a loner," Green said.

A teammate, James Patterson, 31, said when he last spoke with Gale in October, he was laying sod for a landscaping company in Marysville, where Gale kept an apartment.

"I'm just stunned," Patterson said. "I can't even describe how he could have done something like this."

Gale had had minor run-ins with police since 1997 but wasn't considered a troublemaker, according to police in Marysville, 25 miles northwest of Columbus.

Gale had served with the 2nd Marine Division at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina until November 2003, when he was discharged after less than half of the typical four-year stint, Marine spokeswoman Gunnery Sgt. Kristine Scarber said. She declined to explain the discharge, citing privacy rules.

A few hours before the shooting, Gale had showed up at Marysville's Bears Den Tattoo Studio, where often he stared at people and forced them into conversations, manager Lucas Bender said.

"He comes in here and likes to hang out when he's not wanted," Bender said. "The most pointless conversations."

A tattoo artist at the studio, Bo Toler, said Gale was at the studio Wednesday between 5 and 6 p.m. Gale asked about having the studio order tattoo equipment for him and Toler said he told him no. Gale then got very angry and started yelling at him, he said.

"Last night was actually the first time I noticed his temper," Toler said on Thursday. "After the argument we had he kind of walked out with an attitude. He didn't even say goodbye."

Gale had red hair cut very close, often wore a winter hat and was always wearing a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey jersey, said Mandi Dellinger, who works at a cell phone store on the same block where Gale lives. Police said Gale was wearing the jersey during the shooting.

Dellinger said she used to say hello to Gale but they never had a conversation.

"He seemed like a nice guy. He just seemed shy," Dellinger said.

Gale had several minor run-ins with police since 1997, but wasn't considered a troublemaker, Marysville assistant police chief Glenn Nicol said.

Gale ate two or three times a week at Maggie's Restaurant across an alley from his apartment, waitress Emi Walden said. He would stay to chat after eating and seemed lonely, Walden said.

"There was something odd about him, not like he would be dangerous to you, just something about him that wasn't right," she said.

No one answered the door Thursday at the Marysville home of Gale's mother, Mary Clark. A message left on her cell phone was not returned.

The violence at the smoke-filled Alrosa Villa (search) club came just after the opening notes by Damageplan, the band formed by Abbott and his brother, drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, after they left Pantera, which they had also formed.

Gale dodged two band members, grabbed Darrell Abbott and shot him at least five times in the head, witnesses and police said.

"He grabbed Dimebag with one hand and shot him with the other," said Kevin Minerd, among the 500 people packed into the smoke-filled nightclub to see Abbott's new band.

In less than five minutes, Gale had also killed Erin Halk, 29, a club employee who loaded band equipment; fan Nathan Bray, 23, of nearby Grove City; and band bodyguard Jeff Thompson, 40.

Two other band employees, Chris Paluska and John Brooks, remained in a hospital Friday morning with undisclosed injuries. Paluska was listed in good condition and Brooks in serious condition.

On 911 tapes released by authorities, one caller said, "I heard quite a few gunshots and I think somebody in the band definitely has been shot."

A short time later a man called and said: "He's on stage right now. He's got a gun." A moment later, the man said, "He just shot again," and then, "He's got a gun to somebody's head."

Despite a drizzle and temperatures in the 40s, more than 200 people turned up for a vigil Thursday night in the club's parking lot.

Shawn Sweeney, 22, played "old-school Pantera" on an acoustic guitar as a half-dozen young men held a blue tarp over his head and sang along as a crowd gathered.

"This is beautiful, this is absolutely beautiful," Sweeney said.

At one point, a naked young man stood in the middle of the street, arms raised, repeatedly cursing Gale. The crowd cheered boisterously, and the man took off in a full sprint across the parking lot as four police officers gave chase.

He was soon tackled and a man in the crowd yelled out, "We got your bond, dude!" as the streaker was led off in handcuffs.
Freedom of speech makes it much easier to spot the idiots.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

What presumption did you make? You don't even know what presumption you're talking about. You weren't right about anything.

double standard?... Where is there a VV'er belittling someones murder because in their life they made some racist comments?...

you didn't belong in this thread, you hopped in to make a troll about pot, and upset anyone who might have been saddened by it. You and your bullshit.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Sylvus »

And the double standard about the racist comments thing isn't a double standard. If he made racist comments, which the only place I have heard that is from Xzion (yeah, good source) and it appears to be wrong in at least the cause of the motivation of this shooting, I don't think that's an offense that someone should be shot five times in the head for. If Dimebag posted racist comments on this forum, he would get the same treatment that you have gotten, Midnyte.
midnyte wrote:Find one about blacks please.
That's funny.

"You're racist!"
"No I'm not, I haven't said anything about black people!"

:lol:

Go Blue!
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

I never wish death upon anyone, unless they are murders, hurt children, etc.

I just find it laughable the outpouring this loser gets. If our President was shot and killed the same assholes would be screaming with joy. I just think posts like these show the true value of many of the idiots who post here on a daily basis. It also makes me feel like shit because I waste my time even talking to such vile disgusting pigs.
The outpouring probably comes from fans of his music, I don't recall him ever hurting someone though. Myself, I feel bad, he was where he works and some guy comes on stage and shoots him and 3 other people. Thats the sad part.

Bush on the other hand, I don't wish him death, just a sever beating, maybe a few days in Gitmo.

I can easily call you out for being a hypoctite now, you would laugh at this "innocent" man, and 3 others, dying, yet you would cry over Bush if he died tomorrow. Who's the vile disgusting pig now?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Lynks wrote:
I never wish death upon anyone, unless they are murders, hurt children, etc.

I just find it laughable the outpouring this loser gets. If our President was shot and killed the same assholes would be screaming with joy. I just think posts like these show the true value of many of the idiots who post here on a daily basis. It also makes me feel like shit because I waste my time even talking to such vile disgusting pigs.
The outpouring probably comes from fans of his music, I don't recall him ever hurting someone though. Myself, I feel bad, he was where he works and some guy comes on stage and shoots him and 3 other people. Thats the sad part.

Bush on the other hand, I don't wish him death, just a sever beating, maybe a few days in Gitmo.

I can easily call you out for being a hypoctite now, you would laugh at this "innocent" man, and 3 others, dying, yet you would cry over Bush if he died tomorrow. Who's the vile disgusting pig now?
/shrug, I dunno. I never laughed at this incident nor do I think it is funny. I just find it funny how so many losers martyr scumbags.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I used to go to the Alrosa Villa quite a bit in the late 80s. I can't picture someone storming the stage and killing band members, crew and audience members. That sucks for all involved and the world as a whole.

:cry:
- Ash
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fash »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I just find it funny how so many losers martyr scumbags.
Who the hell martyred him??? DID HE DIE FOR ROCK & ROLL ?!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Fash wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:I just find it funny how so many losers martyr scumbags.
Well ya, he was diving in front of the bullet shouting "This is for rock and roll!"
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

A headlock with five shots to the head?

This guy was pissed.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Fash wrote:
he's also making the assumption that the guy is a "scumbag" because of his nickname. He knows nothing about the guy otherwise. Typical Midnyte.
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Bren
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Bren »

apparently the crazyass that shot him claims that Pantera stole some of his lyrics and he's just out for vengence....

insane.