Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Racial Traits!

Post by Dregor Thule »

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/rac ... nuses.html

Undead get Canibalize! haha. Berserk for trolls! War stomp for Tauren!
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

cool, I can't wait to create my troll rogue now!
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

dope.

teh warstomp for my tauren shammy! I gotta try it out as soon as i get myself back home.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

VERY NICE!

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Hmm... they only have 2 traits per race on stress test right now. Wonder if the others are going live on release, or if they're learned?
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Arundel Pajo wrote:Hmm... they only have 2 traits per race on stress test right now. Wonder if the others are going live on release, or if they're learned?
These aren't implemented yet. There's gonna be a patch this week and these should be implemented. Hunter talents/improvements and pally talents/improvements going in also.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Patch was today, they are implemented now.
Arundel Pajo
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: concreteeye

Post by Arundel Pajo »

Long refresh time on cannibalize.... =/
Hawking - 80 Necromancer, AOC Mannannan server, TELoE
Also currently enjoying Left 4 Dead on XBL. :)
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Most of the racial traits are fairly weak and/or limited situational things. The only descent ones are troll regen, tauren stomp (great for escaping a bad situation, no matter your class), and the (rather class specific) Orc pet damage bonus. If your a PvPer, the gnome snare break is the only one that matters now (the rest might as well not exist) compared to the rest. Undead got a major ass fucking, effectively losing their major PvE advantages in favor of PvP balance.

On another note, does anyone think they are trying to beat the CoH record for fastest change from Fun to Suck with the other changes? I know the hard core masochists are loving it, but the DUR loss changes and repair hikes are really encouraging the old no balls conservative grind play of EQ. I know they feel that they need money sinks, but it seems they have grossly overestimated the earning capacity of the average player, as opposed to the grind addict who is willing to mow down tons of greens for cash so they can do fun/rewarding things for a smaller fraction of their time. I wont even talk about the reagent situation....
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The penalty for using the Spirit Healer went from laughable to harsh as fuck. No way am I going to hose all my items + a 30 minute res sickness to save the run back.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

I like the new death penalty. Before, I'd be like, haha i can kill 8 mobs in like 10 minutes and take the xp penalty, now I really fuckin hate dying.

Jice I disagree with you on the money sink situation. Consider the economy of EQ and/or SWG. Inflation was really insane and although these prices may seem a bit high right now, over time as money flows into the economy they will be much less obstructive. I think it may slow the game down a bit, but it is nothing like the grind of EQ and you know it. Remember, those that played in closed beta have a completely different viewpoint than everyone else who just started playin or hasn't played yet. They will whine and bitch about every nerf because they all used to have it so good. But in reality, new players will not know the difference and they will adapt quickly.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Hayley
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Hayley »

Jice Virago wrote:Most of the racial traits are fairly weak and/or limited situational things. The only descent ones are troll regen, tauren stomp (great for escaping a bad situation, no matter your class), and the (rather class specific) Orc pet damage bonus. If your a PvPer, the gnome snare break is the only one that matters now (the rest might as well not exist) compared to the rest. Undead got a major ass fucking, effectively losing their major PvE advantages in favor of PvP balance.

On another note, does anyone think they are trying to beat the CoH record for fastest change from Fun to Suck with the other changes? I know the hard core masochists are loving it, but the DUR loss changes and repair hikes are really encouraging the old no balls conservative grind play of EQ. I know they feel that they need money sinks, but it seems they have grossly overestimated the earning capacity of the average player, as opposed to the grind addict who is willing to mow down tons of greens for cash so they can do fun/rewarding things for a smaller fraction of their time. I wont even talk about the reagent situation....
For once, I agree with you completely. :lol: As a casual player, I can barely afford new spells/skills on my players. Most times, I have to skimp out on one and buy it lvls later.

*edit* spelling
Last edited by Hayley on November 10, 2004, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Xyun wrote:I like the new death penalty. Before, I'd be like, haha i can kill 8 mobs in like 10 minutes and take the xp penalty, now I really fuckin hate dying.

Jice I disagree with you on the money sink situation. Consider the economy of EQ and/or SWG. Inflation was really insane and although these prices may seem a bit high right now, over time as money flows into the economy they will be much less obstructive. I think it may slow the game down a bit, but it is nothing like the grind of EQ and you know it. Remember, those that played in closed beta have a completely different viewpoint than everyone else who just started playin or hasn't played yet. They will whine and bitch about every nerf because they all used to have it so good. But in reality, new players will not know the difference and they will adapt quickly.
I played in both stress tests and all I can say is the difference in fun is night and day. They overnerfed every aspect of the game, from restricting trade skills to two (should be 3 or two and two harvest, hello vendor bots!) to putting the bite on everyones cash flow if they are the least bit adventurous. Inflation is a non issue in this game, anyhow, since all the people who got rich off of being able to master all skills will be wiped and most of the better fabricated items are not tradable.

Good luck getting someone to pull and stopping the raid because the puller needs to hit town to fix their shit every ten deaths. XP loss sucks plenty as a death penalty, since it is a loss of time and slowing of progress. Time is ultimately the most valuable commodity to all players. But at least characters WILL see some return on their time spent, no matter how shitty they are. The current system can completely cripple characters, rendering them unplayable unless they spend a week beating up greens bare naked. What is Vanguard going to do to be more hardcore than that? Send Brad over to your house to punch you in the nuts every time you die?

On topic, Race Abilities are mostly fluff (except the Gnome one in PVP) and people will pick what they like. After all, if people always played the optimum, you would have never seen a non Ogre tank in EQ1.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Mort
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Mort »

I have no doubts that they are going to fine tune this system, the forums are fucking blowing up and it's just a little to harsh atm. The will scale it back somewhat IMHO.
Morteus - 60 NE War - Cenarius
Warlord of <Driven>

"I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct....."
Kargyle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kargyle »

I think it is a part of their strategy. Players were bound to complain when the durability loss on death went in. So they plan ahead. They implement it in a way that is unduly harsh, and wait for the cries to go up on the message board. They wait a week or so, and then scale them back to what they really intended them to be. They now have the system they wanted, and the players will thank them for it, rather than throwing a fit. Of course that is all conjecture, but it sounds plausible.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Hi all,

First of all we would like to thank everyone participating in the Open Beta. The development team has been able to gather valuable in-game data over the past few days. Based on this data and your feedback on the forums, we will be making a few changes in the next patch:

- Players will only receive a 25% durability loss instead of 100% when using a Spirit Healer to resurrect

- Players will now only incur a maximum 10 minutes of resurrection sickness instead of 30 minutes when using a Spirit Healer to resurrect

- Some key buff spells will have their reagent requirements removed

- Changes to Warrior’s Defensive Stance that will improve their ability to hold aggro

We are hoping to get the next patch out early next week.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

So far I have played about 5 hours and have a level 8 Paladin (Human) and have explored much of the countryside, done numerous quest and have full chain mail with an AC of over 700 if I use a shield and 2 good weapons. I'm constantly soloing MOBs that are level 9, 10 and 11 with no problems and pretty much no downtime.

I haven't played my wizard much yet but so far it's a blast.

Marb
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Marbus wrote:So far I have played about 5 hours and have a level 8 Paladin (Human) and have explored much of the countryside, done numerous quest and have full chain mail with an AC of over 700 if I use a shield and 2 good weapons. I'm constantly soloing MOBs that are level 9, 10 and 11 with no problems and pretty much no downtime.

I haven't played my wizard much yet but so far it's a blast.

Marb
/gasp

You are playing with the filthy Alliance! Join the 'in crowd'. Join The Horde!
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

archeiron wrote:Join the 'in crowd'. Join The Horde!
That's why I'm playing alliance :shock:

The d00d population seems ever so slightly lower.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."