Weather??

WoW Discussion
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Weather??

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Is there no weather system in WoW at all? I've been playing and haven't seen snow, rain, or anything else, and it's a small dissapointment. I think weather has a great impact on the immersion factor of a game, and when WoW has put so much into their awesome environments, it's really suprising that there's no weather. Does anyone know if they plan to implement weather effects at some point?
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

I don't know, but if they implement it and it rains as much as it did in EQ I will personally kill someone at Blizzard. Fuck I hated that EQ Rain.
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

They plan to implement it after release :(
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

doh I hated EQ rain :(
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

I would just like it to snow in areas that are snowy. It adds to the immersion and I don't understand how the whole place can be snowy without it ever snowing!
Kaelina
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kaelina »

There's lightning in the Blasted Lands! Doesn't hurt you if you get struck though. =(
archeiron
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by archeiron »

Keverian FireCry wrote:I would just like it to snow in areas that are snowy. It adds to the immersion and I don't understand how the whole place can be snowy without it ever snowing!
I believe that post release they intend to replace the sky and implement real weather patterns. They have said that this will not include seasonal changes in the immediate future but should include snow storms in the cold areas, rain, and fog elsewhere. There should be a Blizzard quote on this in the forums, but it probably rather old.
[65 Storm Warden] Archeiron Leafstalker (Wood Elf) <Sovereign>RETIRED
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

well, there is some sort of fog/sandstorm an the area in the Barrens up high in the mountains.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Nice to know it's planned at some point. Seasons would rock...I played AsheronsCall for a year and that was one of the best things about it. Every month was a big update and the seasons changed, you could get flaming jackolantern range weapons, masks, etc for holliday seasons. Was the main reason I could enjoy AC for as long as I did... :)