insert NFL trades here

What do you think about the sports world?
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

insert NFL trades here

Post by Zamtuk »

I just heard on the radio that there are talks to trade Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis. Of course, Washington will have to throw more into that trade, but if it does pull through, then holy shit.
Last edited by Zamtuk on March 4, 2004, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Ya its sad being a Philly fan, I watch many of our talent go away while our rivals do what they need to. Really just having Gibbs (or anyone else as a coach) will win them more games. The addition of Brunell and Portis if he comes, will make the Skins tough.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

As sad as I will be if the trade goes through, getting that lockdown corner will improve Denver in more ways than one. Let's face it, the Denver O can make just about anyone a 1,500 rusher. The thing is, Portis is not just any shmo--the kid is fucking fast and has some great moves, not to mention power up the middle.

Problem - Portis got locked into a contract and now he want to renegotiate. I don't blame him--hell, most RBs don't have exactly long careers (of effectiveness). However, Denver mgmt want the most bang for their buck with their upcoming salary cap issues. Giving Portis 8mil a year is not likely.

Quintin Griffin may be small, but he has tremendous potential and got to show his stuff vs Indy while Portis was out. Mike Anderson will be traded, but Denver has the 24 spot in the first round as well as a 2nd round pick that they would get from Wash. as part of the trade. That is 2 spots to find a good back--they also have a back that sat out last year with a knee injury.

Can they find another Portis? No fucking problem--look at the last few backs for Denver under the same system: Terrell Davis (2,008), Olandis Gary(1.2k+), Mike Anderson(1.5k+), Portis(over 3k in 2 years). I will be bummed if it happens, but on paper this seems like a good deal with Middlebrooks and ONeal being CB washouts that Denver had spent so much $$ on.

Time will tell I guess...

And you better believe that the Skins are chomping at the bit to get a full-time back with Portis's talent!
en kærlighed småkager
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Give them some credit, Trek. They have won the last three NFC East championships. They may make some questionable looking decisions sometimes, but I'm not going to argue with results until the results go away.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Maybe, but realistically they had a weak division that has improved quite a bit, had Philly spent a little more money or kept a few guys we would have had our shot at the title, as is we may have a tough time making the playoffs next year.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

As well as this, I head that Dallas and Tampa are talking about a Joey Galloway/Keyshawan Johnson swap.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Hmm that also may suck for Philly, Keeshan under Parcels could be a good fit.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Wouldn't be surprising, Keyshawn really fell under Parcell's spell back for the Jets. They have a relationship and Dallas could use him. While Key is an ass at times, he is a big WR and works his ass off on the field.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

All I can say is damn, the NFC East is going to be one hell of a division next year. Portis signs deal with Redskins. Link
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

As much as I hate to see him go, I am happy that Portis got the $$$. RBs have short careers traditionally, so may as well cash in quick! :P And since Washington is in a different league than the Broncos, I feel I can cheer for him unless he is the missing part for a Skins SB birth(longshot at best IMO).

Denver will get their RB scenario nailed down soon and I sure liked what I saw with Griffith vs. Indy.

Oh yeah, and Champ Baily will be a factor....the 2nd round pick is just icing.
en kærlighed småkager
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Portis has yet to prove himself imho. Yes he was good in Denver, but a lame overweight 90-year-old on crutches would be a great RB in Denver with their offensive line.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The Denver scheme gives a runner gaps. It still takes an exceptional runner to read the gaps and make his cut(s) to reach the open field. Portis not only took full advantage of the O-Line misdirection, but he also made things happen. :)

You cannot credit 3000+ yards in 2 seasons solely on the line/TEs, although the scheme can certainly make runners look damn good at times. I really think Portis is of the calibre of runner who can work outside the Denver scheme. I am not saying Portis is Barry Sanders, but he certainly can run. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I actually think LT might be the best RB right now.. what he did without ANY offensive support last season is incredible.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Right. All it takes to see how good someone is, is by plugging them into a shitty team....just look at what Sanders did with a godawful Detroit line. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

Like normal , the Raiders dont know how to use what they have. example: Justin Fargas. The kid has skill , now get hima line that he can actually use , and we could have a breakthrough season.
On the otherside of the ball , CAN THEY TACKLE ? I have seen better fundamentals from a Pee Wee team. (picture the guys from Queer Eye for the straight Guy trying to tackle) ~whince~ Let us pray for the "Silver & Black"
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

The Redskins will need to fix their O-Line to make proper use of Portis. I am happy he got his payout but I don't think he will be the godsend that Washington is hoping for. Gibbs is much better though than Spurrier would have been.

Denver has arguably the best o-line schemes in football. I think Griffin is too small to take on a full load through an entire season though. Denver will have to draft another back or use Mike Anderson more. Regardless, I will be drafting Denver's new back early in next years fantasy football league.
Deward
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Terrell Owens has just went to the Baltimore Ravens. This could spell trouble in the shitty AFC North.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Didn't Philly just get Jevon Kearse? I can't make sure because of the Net Nazi's at work blocking out all the sports sites.
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

http://www.seahawks.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=3577
Seahawks Sign Veteran DE Grant Wistrom
GO Hawks !!!
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Cleveland just signed Jeff Garcia. This makes me vary happy!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The Duce is loose! Welcome to Steeltown Mr. Staley. We hope you enjoy our return to running the football and punishing people.

Great move by Pitt to address the running game via free agency and be able to keep a class act in Jerome Bettis so he can finish his career there. Now to get a good CB or QB in the first round and set up the run to the playoffs......
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

Rumor has it that Pitt is talking to Couch.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

All these major moves in the North.... Garcia, Owens, Staley...

The Bengals mustve scared the bejesus out of this division. There hasnt been this much action in the North (Central) since Houston moved to Tennessee.

Hopefully Carson Palmer lives up to his billing. And hopefully Oakland trades for Corey (Headcase) Dillon. Aside from that, the Bengals better get crackin on their defense if they hope to improve on last years season
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Zamtuk wrote:Rumor has it that Pitt is talking to Couch.
OMG that will be so great if Couch goes to Pitt and comes back to beat Cleveland! I will laugh my ass off, people here in Cleveland area are complere morons!
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I thought COuch was doing an ok job in Cleveland. He seemed to have the skills necesary to play but he was given no vote of confidence the whole time he was there. I think he will do better elsewhere if someone gives him half a chance. He put up some nice numbers a couple years ago.
Deward
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

With some confidence, support and a decent crew around him (including a RB that isn't more into fighting with his wife with knives and guns than doing his job), Couch will be fine. I laughed hard when they replaced him with Holcomb who bombed badly.
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Dallas trade 3rd round pick for Henson. I didn't see him play that much at Michigan so no clue if this is a good or bad thing for Dallas. Anyone who watched him in college want to give an opinion on the move?
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

he was an amazing quarterback with great potential. he went on to squabble that potential with the yankees, then the yankees farm team (ironically in Columbus). after selling out every home game for the past few years with people who just wanted to boo him, he figured he would be better off in football.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I trust Parcells judgement. If he thinks there is something to Henson then he will pull it out of him. Eithere way I don't think a 3rd round trade is too much to ask for someone considered to be a first rounder when he was leaving college. We will see.
Deward
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

This spot reserved for the eventual trade or release of Ty Law from the Patriots:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1758628
"I can't do a thing about it but express my displeasure about playing for this organization," Law told the Globe. "I'll go to training camp. I've got bonuses for going to training camp. I'm just saying it won't be a comfortable working atmosphere. It's not a reason to hold out. I get $1 million just to show up. Who wouldn't show up for $1 million? The money ain't the thing, because I have that. Then again, I'm not going to sit here and say I don't want $7 million, either. That's stupid. Hell, we all gotta eat.

"I'll go out there and play my game. I'm not saying I'm going to be the best guy to be around or your favorite guy to talk to. But I'm not going to hurt my teammates and I'm not going to hurt myself. I'm going to go out there and play football, because if you want to pay $7 million to a guy that really doesn't want to be here, OK, this is business. Fine. You don't have to like your boss to work and do your job well."
Been a Pats fan all my life, and I like Ty Law, and he happens to be one of my wife's favorite players, but he won't be a Patriot next season. I just don't see it at this point.
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

David Boston for a 6th round pick next year?

What the hell is San Diego thinking? Great pickup for Miami, damn them.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

Unless Boston doesn't want to play for Miami either.

He didn't want to play for the Chargers last year because they wanted him to lose 5 pounds? Thats ridiculous!!!!

Besides, Chargers pulled this move to save themselves $5million and a lot of future headaches.

Can anyone see the similarities between TO and Boston, besides the fact they are both crybabies?
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
poppa - N00b Conglomerate Emerald
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I am not excited about having TO
Ironfoot
No Stars!

Post by Ironfoot »

Welp as a diehard Eagles fan Da TOe is thrilled. Trek ,,as a Philly fan what exactly would make you excited? We lost Duce,,but have Westbrook,,whom in my opinion is 2x the runner and Barry Sanders Dangerous when catching the ball,,he's that quick. Hes also the reason Da Eagles won most of der games. We also got da Buck as a gudda smash and bash runner.

We got da Freak,,and those 7 Defensive Ends and Linebackers we lost during the season(due to injury's) are coming back(Vincent and Taylor also missed huge chunks of time and the corners that stepped in did just fine ,,thus not too worried about losing these two old corners),,so barring another fluke injuring spree ,, Dawkins and da Freak leading the defense under Johnson ,,its not too shabby.

Now wit TO there we gots a Playmaker who can get open and knows how to catch da ball. I dun care if he strips down to a thong after he catches a TD. I know how shitty it can be as an Eagles fan but to me da Eagles could be the most potent and Dangerous one we've seen in years.

And on a final Note Andy Reid is a god at finding talent and getting his team wins(Ask Brett Farve who his favorite coach wuz). Its back to the old days babeee,,Da Tuna in Dallas,,and Gibbs back at da skins,,the power is returning! Next up,,our OL,,,,,

TOe out
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

As much of a good WR he could be, he is a punk and will become a problem Im sure.

I hope you can read this as it is not in what ever language that is above
Crav
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Crav »

Wonder how many games into the season before T.O. complains that McNabb is running too much and not throwing him the ball enough. Honestly he's a great player, but a lot of the times I think he's more of a detriment to a team.

Oh and San Diego also got Jamar Fletcher, which personally makes the deal look a lot better. There are a ton quality receivers in the draft this year that I think over all this deal will end up being a good thing for San Diego.

Updating: Keyshawn for Galloway deal done.
Crav Veladorn
Darkblade of Tunare

- Albert Einstein
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

Warren Sapp is heading to the Raiders *cries*, but the good news is we finally got a good quarterback. Brian Griese should help us out bunches.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Trek wrote: I hope you can read this as it is not in what ever language that is above

ROFL - Thanks for the monday morning laugh!
Stalker Vacio
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Stalker Vacio »

Axien_Dellusions wrote:Warren Sapp is heading to the Raiders *cries*, but the good news is we finally got a good quarterback. Brian Griese should help us out bunches.
http://www.qbkilla.com/
"Patience is a foolish virtue. It never gets you what you want when you want it. " -King Zad
Voidstalker
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Posted: March 23, 2004, 5:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Axien_Dellusions wrote:
Warren Sapp is heading to the Raiders *cries*, but the good news is we finally got a good quarterback. Brian Griese should help us out bunches.

http://www.qbkilla.com/
Well if he's happy going, I guess it's okay but we're losing Lynch to. The defensive side of the Bucanners is why I am a major fan of them. Damn, this sucks. :cry:

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Broncos seem to be making good defensive moves of late :) I am happy with the signing of Lynch. :)

However, I am sorta shocked that Sapp would want to play in oakland. Either way, one player a good team does not make...
en kærlighed småkager
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Yes very interesting moves in Denver, good moves. I think they may make 1-2 more before its all said and done.
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

Axien, thw Raiders have made more moves than just getting Sapp. go to the site and take a peek. I wouldnt call it rebuilding , but more like Getting some actual talent. Watching the LACK of defense by the Raiders last year was just sad. Hell I have seen better tackling in a Pee Wee game. We all know the defense COULDNT get any worse (30th in defense) so all we can do is get better. Al Davis has never been one to build a team for the long term, we'll have to see how this and the next couple seasons play out.
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

I agree with you Canalek since Warren Sapp's sacks have gone down consistenly over the past 3 years. Even when we went to the Superbowl 2 years ago. He only averaged about 1 per game. As for Lynch that's going to be a mjor loss I think to the team. He's fast enogh to get into the line and get the ball. I think we're going to have to rely on Ronde Barber to intercept a little more this year...

Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Axien_Dellusions wrote:I agree with you Canalek since Warren Sapp's sacks have gone down consistenly over the past 3 years. Even when we went to the Superbowl 2 years ago. He only averaged about 1 per game. As for Lynch that's going to be a mjor loss I think to the team. He's fast enogh to get into the line and get the ball. I think we're going to have to rely on Ronde Barber to intercept a little more this year...
The addition of Washington AND Sapp is going to make a formidible front line, running between the tackles, in a division with Tomlinson and Holmes, will not be a easy thing against the Raiders like it was last year. I have to say, I have been a Raider Hater for a long time living out here, but I watch the two local teams, and I gotta respect the shit outta Al Davis and what he is doin, he still has it, they will have Dillon soon, and I would not be surprised to see Ty Law in Silver and Black, ohhh and a number 2 pick
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Personally I have nothing against the raiders. I really don't have a disliked team unless one of my favorites are playing against them and winning. I'm happy for the raiders that they did acquire Sapp but I'm dissapointed that he went because he was one of the few people that I really loved watching on the Bucs. It's the same feeling I have when I watch a Ravens game and Ray Lewis. I love a good defensive game, well actually just a good game of football.

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Denver just signed Garrison Hearst. It seems they are really into grabbing up veterans by the bunches. As far as Hearst, he has been one hell of a back since he entered the league, but with the injuries(namely the REALLY bad ankle problem that sidelined him in 2000), it is hard to say how much of an impact he would have.

Then again, Denver was in need of a veteran to help solidify a young backfield.
en kærlighed småkager
Ironfoot
No Stars!

Post by Ironfoot »

Hey can anyone help me what is the record of the eagles today its oct 15 2004. /BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP ahhhhh i like milk.

DA TOE
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Their record? One good QB and one asshole WR. About as expected.