Parts

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Parts

Post by Bubba Grizz »

My videocard's fan died making the card pretty much unusable. I need to find a replacement for the fan. The card is a G-Force 3 Ti 500. It was a pretty expensive card back in its day and I would like to keep it alive.

I went to Radio Shack and bought a fan the same size that would need some doctoring in order to make it work. The kicker is that this little damn fan cost me $13. I would like to find a cheaper solution before I open up the thing and start chopping it up.

Anyone have suggestions on where to get replacement fans?
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

I had the same issue with one of my Hercules cards. I just took the fan off and it still runs fine.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I wouldn't run a Ti500 w/o a fan... However unless you can find a cheaper fan at NewEgg or somewhere with free shipping that will probably have to work.

The same thing happend to my wifes video card fan a couple of years ago. I just took a small, about 1 inch, exhaust type fan and used one of the screw holes to screw it into the Heat Sink. It's larger than the heat sink and it's pretty but actually seems to keep the card cooler than the original fan did...

Marb
Swiiter
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Swiiter »

You could probably buy a Thermaltake Crystal Orb to cool your video card. Here's a link http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... WSE&depa=0.