Ok does this really happen?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

niteyeone
No Stars!

Ok does this really happen?

Post by niteyeone »

Ok this is going to sound stupid. I quit playing for a long time and just came back to Eq. A friend ingame said instead of doing it the hard way that there are places that people pay realy money for plat and stuff? Anyway just getting some info I think if so people ought to turn them into Sony or something. I checked out one place called playersbay. I just can't see people paying $ for crap like this. Maybe I am just young and dont have a lot of money but even if I did I would not.

Sorry just really was the oddest thing I've ever heard, I can see buying something that you can actually use like golf clubs and stff but Eq stuff? Just getting some opinions on this as my mom said I was full of BS when I told her.
Adela
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Adela »

pics of your mom plz
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shoc ... on=5,0,0,0"
WIDTH=350 HEIGHT=250>
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://cadalano.com/archives/adelaz.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#FFFFFF> <EMBED src="http://cadalano.com/archives/adelaz.swf" quality=high wmode=transparent bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH=270 HEIGHT=210 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/dow ... h"></EMBED>
</OBJECT>
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Jackass!
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

Yup, thats how serious and addictive EQ can be. People have payed hundreds, even thousands of dollars for certain rare items or high level characters. I'd advise simply not getting into it.

You seem like you are fairly new to the game? I'm telling you now, for your own good, uninstall the bastard, it can take over your life if you arent careful. Im not saying it WILL take over, Im saying it can take over and Im speaking from personal experience. I played for 3 years and a total of 6,000 hours. I played the game for over 6,000 hours total(250 full days). Six thousand hours...Can you even imagine that? No, its sick. And there are thousands of others of others whove played even more.

Don't just put the game away and not play it. I advise breaking it into peices and throwing it in the trash, or something evil like selling it to someone you dont like. :twisted:
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

run, before it's to late!
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

:vv_jackass:
Drustwyn
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Drustwyn »

ass jackery to you sai :) and welcome back to eq. :)
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Adela wrote:pics of your mom plz
ROFL!!! :lol:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Ok does this really happen?

Post by Chidoro »

niteyeone wrote:Ok this is going to sound stupid.
You're right
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Yeah, people really pay that much for stuff in EQ. I made around $1000 when I finally decided to quit.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Sounds like you don't have much of a life yet so EQ isn't gonna hurt. Buy all the plat you can, play like a rock star, kill steal, ninja loot, skip school, miss dances and don't call your friends back.

Sneak up at night and play with the sound off. Don't do your homework. Masturbate in a sock while playing, we all do it.
Ignore family gatherings and your own personal hygiene.

Man, its worth it. You may have poor grades and not get into the college you desire. You may never get laid or even get a sniff of a woman, but dood, you'll have loads of plat and Uber gear, and really, what else is there?

I envy you
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Seebs wrote:Sounds like you don't have much of a life yet so EQ isn't gonna hurt. Buy all the plat you can, play like a rock star, kill steal, ninja loot, skip school, miss dances and don't call your friends back.

Sneak up at night and play with the sound off. Don't do your homework. Masturbate in a sock while playing, we all do it.
Ignore family gatherings and your own personal hygiene.

I envy you
/sniff

the good old days.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Seebs wrote:Masturbate in a sock while playing...
I never understood this. Not having to clean up is nice, but doesn't the sock chafe teh cock?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

masteen wrote:
Seebs wrote:Masturbate in a sock while playing...
I never understood this. Not having to clean up is nice, but doesn't the sock chafe teh cock?

Silk Socks my Boy Silk Socks.
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Rough socks dulled the senses and allowed longevity if/when you finally had contact with a woman. I liken it to getting calluses on your hand where your golf grip resides. I neer used lube when growing up either ... guess I'm an odd bird.

Those days have long since passed. Nowadays I think of sex as excercise and wish to avoid it. Growing older suxor.

I had a few socks that could no longer be folded back in the day, now I do the laundry and thats just gross.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Seebs wrote: Nowadays I think of sex as excercise and wish to avoid it. Growing older suxor.
Seek help.