Sky in California... at present.

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

For those of you in other areas in amazement at your skies. Fires, volcanic eruptions, and things of that nature that put magic particles in the air are what cause the pretty colors at sunrise and sunset.

So if you're an "Always look on the Brightside of Life" person, expect lots of pretty sunsets for a while ;)
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

keep your fucking smoke in your own state goddammit. you're messing up vegas skies now.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Sunserae wrote:keep your fucking smoke in your own state goddammit. you're messing up vegas skies now.
I'll be sure to tell my coworkers who have been evacuated from their homes to wave their sleeping bags to fan the smoke away from Vegas.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

you do that
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Hey Fu, is your folks' house OK? I wasn't sure how much Fillmore was affected..
en kærlighed småkager
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

Yea, we had some burning embers falling in the area but nothing caught. It was my grandparents house that I had to watch over though. Spent Sunday afternoon/night sitting on their porch or watering down their roof watching the fire come down the hill across the street. Luckily that one burnt itself out at about 10pm (no wind and coming down hill is what saved them from having to be evacuated).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Dang man. I am glad to hear everything is ok!
en kærlighed småkager
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

To date:

16 people dead.
1,800 homes destroyed.
600,000 acres scorched
80,000 full-time residents evacuated.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Is it any closer to where you are at? Guess I'm asking if you think you will be ok or will have to evac?

Marb
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Aranuil wrote:To date:

16 people dead.
1,800 homes destroyed.
600,000 acres scorched
80,000 full-time residents evacuated.
You forgot to mention the air quality degradation in Las Vegas.

Fuck Aranuil, get your shit together and figure out what's really important!
~Venti
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I love the East Coast!
miir and I are best friends. <3
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

venti 4 prez!
Thess
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Thess »

Sunserae wrote:keep your fucking smoke in your own state goddammit. you're messing up vegas skies now.
/agree Sunserae
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Maybe its because...

Post by Venti »

Don't vote just yet....

I was being a smartass, maybe because .........

It's likely just because its been a shitty week here in CA.

Or it could be that friends of mine have lost their ranch to the fire. Not inconvenienced by smokey air, but rather, lost everything on their ranch. Home, memories, artifacts of importance that can't be replaced, their Barn, equipment and livestock. Everything.

Maybe its compounded by the fact that the media sticks a fucking microphone in crying people's faces, at the site of burned out homes all across So. CA, asking dumb fucking questions, about how they feel, what they'll do next, etc etc.

It could also be, the enormous respect I have for the people who have been daily, fighting this fire at great personal danger.

Or it could just be that people are so fucking comfortable distanced from trouble, or dissatisfied with life in general, that they will bitch about the most retarded of things.

It could be any of the aforementioned that really sets me off, when joking, or not...people find it easier to bitch about life's minor inconveniences, than to shut the fuck up, and realize that life, really just isn't all about you sometimes.
~Venti
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Venti for Governor. :D

My faith in humanity has been restored.
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Maybe its because...

Post by Shaerra »

Venti wrote:Don't vote just yet....

I was being a smartass, maybe because .........

It's likely just because its been a shitty week here in CA.

Or it could be that friends of mine have lost their ranch to the fire. Not inconvenienced by smokey air, but rather, lost everything on their ranch. Home, memories, artifacts of importance that can't be replaced, their Barn, equipment and livestock. Everything.

Maybe its compounded by the fact that the media sticks a fucking microphone in crying people's faces, at the site of burned out homes all across So. CA, asking dumb fucking questions, about how they feel, what they'll do next, etc etc.

It could also be, the enormous respect I have for the people who have been daily, fighting this fire at great personal danger.

Or it could just be that people are so fucking comfortable distanced from trouble, or dissatisfied with life in general, that they will bitch about the most retarded of things.

It could be any of the aforementioned that really sets me off, when joking, or not...people find it easier to bitch about life's minor inconveniences, than to shut the fuck up, and realize that life, really just isn't all about you sometimes.
Could be that his way of dealing with the horror is by trying to cheer people up, and your way of dealing with the horror is to be a complete ass.

Way to pull out the Shatner, though. You're gonna be nominated for sure...
life, really just isn't all about you sometimes.
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
The fine print taketh away.
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

i'm blaming a dangling chad and changing my vote

shaerra 4 prez
Last edited by Sheryl on October 29, 2003, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

I have no idea at all what pulling out a Shatner is, and I suppose since the post was written by you it's worthy of...well nothing really.

In the event that I deem any future posts by me, need your acceptance though, I'll be sure to email it directly to you first.
~Venti
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

Jesus fucking christ I agree with Shaerra.
It's called gallows humour and a lot of people use it when faced with difficult circumstances. The same way the jokes always come around within 24 hours of a major disaster.

It's certainly different when it affects you personally but I doubt there are any here who don't have real sympathy for those affected no matter how they try to make light of it.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Humor is quite often the best way of dealing with things. It sure beats keeping everything bottled up inside until you burst.

When my car was stolen, used as a getaway vehicle in a robbery, involved in an accident and then found burned out the next day (and the cops tried to blame it on me), I know I used humor as a way to handle it. Granted, not comparing it to losing your whole ranch but being 18 at the time and having to fight to stay out of prison for something you didn't do isn't exactly fun either :)

I highly doubt anyone here doesn't have sympathy for the people involved in California. I also believe everyone has tons of respect for the firefighters and volunteers who are fighting the fire (I have volunteered in the past myself to help with fighting forest fires, finding lost people etc.. I know how hard it can be). But don't jump someone for using humor to lighten up a situation.
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

And if fires aren't enough, we just had an earthquake centered in Simi Valley. Nothing serious but for fucks sake...
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Ok, I don't know how many times we have to cover this. Maybe we should make a fucking sticky.

Yes, I'm sorry about the casualties and damages that CA has suffered to these fires.

But if you're going to come here, THE MOTHERFUCKING VAULT FOR FUCKS SAKE, and tell me I can't make a joke of the situation, you need to have your head re-aligned.

Venti, I seriously doubt the nature of above targeted post was to bitch about life's small burdens...and rather was just being a smartass in attempt to make light of the situation.

Again, I'm sorry about the damages and casualties...but it's not as though wild fires in CA are an unforseen disaster. Central Texas floods every year as well, and the hardest hit are the people living in trailer parks in river valleys. There are major damages and deaths every year...and every year they move right back in. I'm sorry for their loss, but again, it's not as though it's an unexpected tragedy.

O
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

Finally got a few pics posted of what I was seeing from where I live (thanks Aranuil)

Couple shots of the sky and what I was breathing in for a few days:

And then the one that got too close for comfort on the north end of my town:
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Truant wrote:Ok, I don't know how many times we have to cover this. Maybe we should make a fucking sticky.

Yes, I'm sorry about the casualties and damages that CA has suffered to these fires.

But if you're going to come here, THE MOTHERFUCKING VAULT FOR FUCKS SAKE, and tell me I can't make a joke of the situation, you need to have your head re-aligned.

Venti, I seriously doubt the nature of above targeted post was to bitch about life's small burdens...and rather was just being a smartass in attempt to make light of the situation.

Again, I'm sorry about the damages and casualties...but it's not as though wild fires in CA are an unforseen disaster. Central Texas floods every year as well, and the hardest hit are the people living in trailer parks in river valleys. There are major damages and deaths every year...and every year they move right back in. I'm sorry for their loss, but again, it's not as though it's an unexpected tragedy.

O
So are you saying that because its on the vault, I shouldn't respond negatively to something that rubs me wrong?

The source may have surprised you, but the content of the post shouldn't since this is, as you so eloquently put it, "THE MOTHERFUCKING VAULT"

I'm here, you're elsewhere, due to my relation to the fire, our perspectives are VASTLY different. Poke fun; say what you will about it, no one said you couldn't.

/\ I even wrote up there ,
|

"It could be any of the aforementioned that really sets me off, when joking, or not..."
(this was a tip that I picked up no the fact that it was a joking statement...even though I didn't care for "the joke"...see how that works?)
Yet VN_Tanc thinks I need a literature lesson, Shaera thinks anyone gives a fuck what she thinks prior to last call, and you seem to think we need a sticky explaining that anything goes here. None are the case of course. In my mind, you just don't like what I wrote or more likely, whom I wrote in response to.

The "right" to make light of it, is no more important than it being serious to those that are here. Anyone not liking my opinion can kiss my ass (and post accordingly)
~Venti
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

...we don't need no water let the motherfucker burn!

Burn motherfucker...burn!
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

No, I'm not saying you can't, or shouldn't respond negatively to everything and anything that you find offensive. In fact, we all should...we should all make a big fucking stink anytime we're rubbed the wrong way. Boo fucking hoo.

I just thought you got a little huffy riding in on a horse over a small joke.

So you can kiss my ass, I'll kiss yours. And we'll call it a day.

My comments about a sticky, is that everytime someone makes a joke about something currently causing hardship, someone gets offended. Sure you have the right to bitch and moan about someone making a joke, just as much as they do to make the joke.

So I guess lets all bitch and moan at each other for trying not to get all down and out over the circumstances of our lives.

Also, you're insinuations that I'm only responding because of WHO you responded to are somewhat weak. She can certainly defend herself, and I would never step up to that plate if I didn't agree. I said something, because you were acting like a giant ass and I didn't agree with you.

This isn't the Venti I once knew...I remember you saying the vault was full of little cockjousters all trying to flex and be better than everyone else...Well, welcome to the vault, since everyone here was always below you...you've somehow now shrunk below yourself as well.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

The world of VV according to Truant :roll:
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

For my part, it's all about timing. If you were here smelling the smoke, cleaning ash off your car, and having the possibility of moving parts of your family and/or friends out of their houses, you might not find it quite so funny.

I'm all for posting whatever you want here, but that works both ways. Everyone's got an opinion, and depending upon your perspective your opinion might be different than someone elses. It sounds like if a sticky is really needed, you need to be the one reading it.
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Truant wrote:No, I'm not saying you can't, or shouldn't respond negatively to everything and anything that you find offensive. In fact, we all should...we should all make a big fucking stink anytime we're rubbed the wrong way. Boo fucking hoo.
Oh, I should take your lead, and end thoughts with things like "Boo fucking hoo". I think I'm catching on here.
Also, you're insinuations that I'm only responding because of WHO you responded to are somewhat weak. She can certainly defend herself, and I would never step up to that plate if I didn't agree. I said something, because you were acting like a giant ass and I didn't agree with you.
I wasn't talking *to* you at the time in my reply, see. Couple that with the fact that I didn't insinuate it, I wrote it right out there for you to plainly read I guess I just have to disagree, Superman.
This isn't the Venti I once knew...I remember you saying the vault was full of little cockjousters all trying to flex and be better than everyone else...Well, welcome to the vault, since everyone here was always below you...you've somehow now shrunk below yourself as well.
I don't recall the conversation enough to quote it, but I will say that it's an accurate description of how I see "posting junkies". Never any real content, just jaw jacking. I'll even go so far as to say that you're quoting me precisely as I said it, at whatever time I said it. Multiply my post count by ten, and tell me how close it comes to your post count.
Difference is, I dont come here, to prove anything.
~Venti
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I have some pics of the fire from my backyard before we were evacuated, you can see the flames and the sky is ornage even though it was taken at 8 pm. I just flew back from Michigan and we went over the mountains and I am not joking when I say the entire mountain around Lake Silverwood to Big Bear is on fire. My parents live in Arrowhead, but may be staying with my family for a long time. I hope they catch that damn Jay Leno looking bastard that did this.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Venti wrote:
I don't recall the conversation enough to quote it, but I will say that it's an accurate description of how I see "posting junkies". Never any real content, just jaw jacking. I'll even go so far as to say that you're quoting me precisely as I said it, at whatever time I said it. Multiply my post count by ten, and tell me how close it comes to your post count.
Well you sure pull out the penix measurer when it suits you. I've yet to see a post from you that has any more content than the average "posting junkies'." If you want to ride in here from time to time on your big white stallion proclaiming your holier-than-thou status, feel free. Just don't be surprised if someone comes and knocks you off that horse, or in your self aggrandizing delusions, you miss the low branch that's coming for your chest and end up flat on your ass.

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. We are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else."

Thank you, Tyler.
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

The "right" to make light of it, is no more important than it being serious to those that are here. Anyone not liking my opinion can kiss my ass (and post accordingly)
Fine then. You're angry and upset and need someone to take it out on. I guess the people posting light hearted remarks here are as good a target as any. Knock yourself out.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Give up Venti, everything is hilarious. Shit 9/11 was a stroke of comedic fucking genious. Hitler did some of the best improv on the world stage that I have ever heard of Imagine killing 6 million jews HAHAHAHA.

So your little problems in California are only worthy of a chuckle. Thanks Sunserae for bringing us back to center on this we almost forgot that people dying in California and families being uprooted are worthy of a heartfelt belly laugh.

Truant, we all owe you a debt of gratitude as well for finding the humor in everything from child rape to deaths in California. You Rock Dude.

Cheers
Last edited by Atokal on October 30, 2003, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Mawafu wrote:And if fires aren't enough, we just had an earthquake centered in Simi Valley. Nothing serious but for fucks sake...

Shake n' Bake
Seebs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Seebs »

Atokal, you left our the Polpot 'Garden Parties', the Stalin 'Race for the Cured meat', the Jeffrey Dahlmer's "Stay at home cookbook and home lobotomy kit", Saddam's rendition of 'Suni side of the Shiitte Streets', complete with mass seating for the groundlings.

Man, good times. Nothing like the olden days!
I think I'm dressing as John Wayne Gacy tomorrow complete with a fistful of bikini briefs and a red rubber nose.
Seeber
looking for a WOW server
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Cartalas wrote:
Mawafu wrote:And if fires aren't enough, we just had an earthquake centered in Simi Valley. Nothing serious but for fucks sake...

Shake n' Bake
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Truant wrote:So you can kiss my ass, I'll kiss yours. And we'll call it a day.
No reach-arounds? That makes me a sad panda. :(

Cartalas wrote:
Shake n' Bake
LOL! One of his kids must've h4XX0red his account, because that was funny. :twisted:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Venti wrote:The only thing this thread is lacking right now, is a post containing the phrase:

"I know you are but what am I"

Somebody step to the plate already, time is wasting!
Venti wrote:I think we just got one step closer to the magic phrase!
Venti wrote:I used to enjoy Furor flames, but with that weak sauce shit he just posted, I guess its really true that EQ is coming to an end.

so sad
Venti wrote:And today I took Traffic School online...( I got a ticket like a jackass ) and rescued a Saturday because of the ability to use the Internet while working Woohoo = P
My God! How does he keep filling his posts with such intriguing content, while remaining a non-jaw jacking posting junkie? It's like...MAGIC!
Venti wrote:I don't recall the conversation enough to quote it, but I will say that it's an accurate description of how I see "posting junkies". Never any real content, just jaw jacking.
You are correct, sir! /apologize
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Shaerra wrote:
Cartalas wrote:

Shake n' Bake
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I too found this funny. I feel cheap and dirty for laughing!
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Venti wrote:Oh, I should take your lead, and end thoughts with things like "Boo fucking hoo". I think I'm catching on here.
Yes, that's exactly what you should do. In fact, you should end every sentence in Boo Fucking Hoo, because it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
Venti wrote:I wasn't talking *to* you at the time in my reply, see. Couple that with the fact that I didn't insinuate it, I wrote it right out there for you to plainly read I guess I just have to disagree, Superman.
Considering you only quoted me, you addressed everyone else by name, and then wrote a few points to someone using the pronoun 'you'...I think it's safe to say you were talking *to* me at the time. You should take back what you said about catching on. Stacking that with the fact that you wrote it plain as day for *me* to read...i'd say you were talking to me. Hey, and those were your own words I used. Btw, Superman is a pussy, I always liked Batman better.

Venti wrote:I don't recall the conversation enough to quote it, but I will say that it's an accurate description of how I see "posting junkies". Never any real content, just jaw jacking. I'll even go so far as to say that you're quoting me precisely as I said it, at whatever time I said it. Multiply my post count by ten, and tell me how close it comes to your post count.
Yeah, and that's why you've knocked off a good four replies in this thread already. Because you have nothing to prove.

I think you are here to prove something. That not only are you better than everyone here, but that you can go head to head with any post junkie and win...with one tenth of their post count. For someone who says they don't care about their post count...you sure point it out a lot. Just that you like to point out how low it is...as opposed to those you target, pointing out how high their's is.
From your own sig
(nobody cares how many posts you have, except you)
You should change it to include the words "and me" at the end.

Hey Atokal, I'll let you in my fnord if you shut up...how bout it?
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Truant wrote:Hey Atokal, I'll let you in my fnord if you shut up...how bout it?
There's only room in this town for one fnord(tm).
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

Tru, if you register at http://irunaclique.deep-ice.com/, Zoocow's fnord will crumble under the might of your OFFICIAL fnord.
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Wait, I thought my fnord, and your fnord were one and the same.

God with all these made up cliques it's hard to keep them straight.
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Well Truant,

In saying I wasn't replying to you, I meant in my first post, where I referenced the vote thing. You choose not to see that, whatever.

Your (whoever)opinion of what I am, or am not trying to prove is of absolutely no consequence. You appear to be operating under the false pretense that I value your opinion in this regard. I don't; so to avoid confusion on your part, please adjust your expectations.

I took exception to a (in my mind) joke in poor taste, and expressed it. I didn't and still don't need any outside validtion in order to carry on the day.

I do find it amazingly funny however, that in your post yesterday, you quote me from what has to be 6-12 motnhs ago, and my opinion of this place and it's chronic posters. I'm left to wonder, if this was meant to draw up some level of reinforcement from those that would be offended by hearing that quote? If so, and I think that is the case, thats some terribly weak shit.

The bottom line for me, is I reacted to something that I didn't like. As mentioned in my first post, there's a lot of frustrations surrounding it for me that make me not find the joke funny. Anyone's agreement with my point if view is not required. Call me what you like, think what you will. I really just don't care.
~Venti
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Truant wrote:
Hey Atokal, I'll let you in my fnord if you shut up...how bout it?
Since it is not ZooCow's fnord I am not interested.

But here is a thought how about letting Sunserae respond to Venti instead of running your mouth on her behalf all the time. Create your own drama boy.
Atokal
Niccolo Machiavelli
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

I prefer to :

A) not have Atokal advocate on my behalf
B) foreget about this thread entirely, as it has no real bearing on anything.

In that order will work fine.
~Venti
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

If I'd known this would turn into this, I never would have posted. I was just thinking there might be some people outside of California who wouldn't get the opportunity to see what it was like here on the ground. Clearly Fu's and Parhu's pics were more telling than mine.

I'm trying to come up with a way to word this to offend the lowest number of people, but I doubt I'll be successful. In the past (specifically 9/11), the moderators for what was then Flamevault (veeshanvault hadn't been born yet), set up a no flaming policy on that issue, for a short period of time after 9/11. I don't think that's inappropriate for situations such as this.

I'm no better than anyone, but I'd like to think that if any of you were in the middle of a natural disaster, serious personal strife, a terrorist incident, or whatever, I wouldn't make a joke about it at least until it was over and you/your loved ones were out of danger. Clearly that's the decision of THE moderators (read: Py/Xo/The Machine), but that's my opinion.

Currently, anyone can say whatever they want, but if they post an incindiary opinion at a time when others are suffering/in danger, they might not like the response. Clearly, you (Truant) didn't like it, and you're welcome to do not like it, but posting that Suns made a joke and insinuating that people aren't allowed to not see the humor and respond in kind is exactly the same argument as saying, people aren't allowed to make the joke in the first place.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Anyone who takes things here too seriously, especially someone who created their account at the beginning of this boards existence, either woke up on the wrong side of the bed or suffered a recent blunt trauma to the head.

No offense to those of you who have suffered head injuries...

But yeah, it goes both ways. You just have to decide how much time you care debating it with the opposing party.

(But I'd agree with Aranuil's overall point. Don't go out of your way to offend someone, particularly when it comes to RL things like deaths, disasters and the like. I don't think that was the original intent though in this case.)
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Shaerra
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Shaerra »

A lot of people are hurting... Some of those people use humor as a defense mechanism. It's the way their mind works. They combat the horror by trying to make light of the situation. It is their way of dealing with it.

To say that my way of dealing with this nightmare is better than their way, is wrong.

To insinuate that someone else is a bad person because they mentally handle atrocities differently than you, is wrong.

That said, I don't think Sunserae was trying to offend anyone, but I'm certain that Venti was.
THE LARGE PRINT GIVETH