THE NEW GOV'NA OF CALIFORNIA!

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

THE NEW GOV'NA OF CALIFORNIA!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Austrian Oak does it again!

As as austrian kid he once said that he had a goal to become wealthy and famous and dreamt of living in America.

He began his career as Mr Olympia!

He became a Moviestar!

He married Maria Shriver!

And now, Governor of California!

Talk about Dreams coming True!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Nice pic from before bodybuilders had to be freaky big and veiny to win.

This is in the current events forum too.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Pilsburry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pilsburry »

You don't consider that freaky big?
-retired-
Abelard
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Abelard »

Yay!
Syndaen Crystalthorn
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Syndaen Crystalthorn »

No, This is Freaky Big!

ImageImage

Ronnie Coleman 2002 Mr. Olympia
Syndaen Crystalthorn
Lord Protector of Tunare
Knight of Truth
Lesbian Avenger
Keeper of "The List"
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

My virgin eyes!
miir and I are best friends. <3
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Lightweight? Yo buddayyyyyy!
Timmah.

Draaxx
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Draaxx »

Justin
Draaxx/Tombe
Karae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Karae »

I think the most impressive, and shocking, thing about Arnold was the he was already a bestselling author and a millionaire before he ever starred in a movie. His ambition and will to succeed knows no bounds it seems.
War pickles men in a brine of disgust and dread.
Squegy
No Stars!

Post by Squegy »

im glad that he won, not that i live in ca or care what his plans are.
I'm Mr. Spoon for a head man, give me some candy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Squegy wrote:im glad that he won, not that i live in ca or care what his plans are.
I think the whole recall was a joke and those who voted for it are retards.

Oh, I don't live in CA either.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Tegellan
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tegellan »

He is already known as...The Governator!
Fortune favors the brave!
Kawe Glox
No Stars!

Post by Kawe Glox »

Total Recall 2
^ sexy.
Ennia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ennia »

Jackass!
Xaem
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Xaem »

Aslanna wrote:
Squegy wrote:im glad that he won, not that i live in ca or care what his plans are.

I think its clear that the state of CA is tired of jackass politicians. I mean - who isn't?
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Aslanna wrote:

The politicians in whatever state/country you live in were sent a very strong signal that their jobs are not guaranteed, and that they have to provide performance, not just promises.

From the retards of CA, you're welcome
~Venti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Yeah, you sent a message that if they don't perform, then we the people will elect women-molesting nazi idiots.

Keep your favors to yourself next time.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Venti wrote:
Aslanna wrote:

The politicians in whatever state/country you live in were sent a very strong signal that their jobs are not guaranteed, and that they have to provide performance, not just promises.

From the retards of CA, you're welcome
Funny. I thought that's what regular elections were for.

You'll get no thanks from me.

--
Badabidi
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: DaveShapelle

Post by Badabidi »

Sueven wrote:Yeah, you sent a message that if they don't perform, then we the people will elect women-molesting nazi idiots.

lol?
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Sueven wrote:Yeah, you sent a message that if they don't perform, then we the people will elect women-molesting nazi idiots.

How is it that you came to these conclusions?

Nevermind, you're simply uninformed, and apparently refuse to keep up with actual events or research shit for yourself, and you'll take the front page splashes of the LA Times as gospel truth.

Fucking idiot
~Venti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Right. It's called hyperbole. If you actually wanted to respond to this, you could have responded to Aslanna, who was much more eloquent than me.

Is Arnold a woman molestor? Yup. Are the revelations of woman molesting politically motivated? Sure. Is Arnold a Nazi? No.

Ignoring my uninformed insults, Arnold is still a terrible candidate for Governor. He has no platform and no plans, not to mention no experience. He hasn't even shown an ability to run a successful campaign, let alone a successful state. Bustamante was even worse, and Davis is a cock too. McClintock and Carnejo were at least semireasonable candidates, but thanks to your horrible clusterfuck of a political system, they didn't have the time to actually express any views. Your state is fucked. It was fucked before, and now it's just fucked even worse.

No other state wants to be like you. No other state gives thanks for the wonderful precedents you set. So take all your self pity and superiority-fueled rage and shove it up your ass, because the rest of the country thinks that you're a fucking joke.
Badabidi
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: DaveShapelle

Post by Badabidi »

So if Arnold isn't a nazi why'd you call him one?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Because I was being an asshole?
Burke
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Burke »

California Uber Alles!

Jello Biafra is teh man.
Xzion
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xzion »

ehh? my grandfather fought on the german side in the russian front...
does that make me a nazi
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

OK.

To clarify:

When I referred to Arnold as a "women-molesting nazi" or whatever I said, I was not being serious. I was intending to provoke reaction by pointing out some of the negative things that have been slung at him. It's the same basic concept as calling Britney Spears a whore, Fallanthas a redneck, or Kyoukan an igloo-dwelling midget: it might not be true, but there are some indications that it could be (no offense Fallanthas or Kyoukan).

Venti appeared to take my post seriously, so I clarified the very simple point I was trying to make in a more serious fashion.

Does that make things more clear?

Oh, and when I said that California was a fucking joke, that I was serious about. And I'm a liberal.
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Sueven wrote:Right. It's called hyperbole. If you actually wanted to respond to this, you could have responded to Aslanna, who was much more eloquent than me.

Is Arnold a woman molestor? Yup. Are the revelations of woman molesting politically motivated? Sure. Is Arnold a Nazi? No.

Ignoring my uninformed insults, Arnold is still a terrible candidate for Governor. He has no platform and no plans, not to mention no experience. He hasn't even shown an ability to run a successful campaign, let alone a successful state. Bustamante was even worse, and Davis is a cock too. McClintock and Carnejo were at least semireasonable candidates, but thanks to your horrible clusterfuck of a political system, they didn't have the time to actually express any views. Your state is fucked. It was fucked before, and now it's just fucked even worse.

No other state wants to be like you. No other state gives thanks for the wonderful precedents you set. So take all your self pity and superiority-fueled rage and shove it up your ass, because the rest of the country thinks that you're a fucking joke.
See, the problem with generalizations in direct response to specifics make you look like a jackass. Nowhere in what I wrote is there a shred of "self pity or superiority fueled rage". If you fail to see that peers of Davis would see him recalled, and not take notice of what the will of the people can do, then fine, your thoughts on the matter are completely without weight anyway.

If however, your stupid enough to quote smear tactics generated at the close of an election as some sort of thought you had all on your very own, at the very least, don't act surprised when people point and laugh at you. ( A theme I suspect you're already used to ). Lastly, to reverse course later saying, oh I was only joking, just trying to get a response, etc, after being pointed out as a dipshit is roughly equal to saying that someone else used your computer to post on your behalf.
~Venti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Thanks Hitler. OH SHIT, YOU'RE NOT HITLER!

How about you try responding to the actual points that have been made?

For instance: You praise yourself for setting a wonderful precedent on holding politicians accountable.

I point out that the rest of us think your precedent is shit. Aslanna clarifies by saying that we already have elections, which perform the exact same purpose.

So respond to the actual point:

How are you setting a precedent that the rest of the country should be grateful for? Why aren't the actual elections we have in place sufficient? Do you think that the election would have functioned better given a general primary-election format in order to facilitate debate?

Try responding to what other people say.
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

You wrote these pearls of wisdom:
"Yeah, you sent a message that if they don't perform, then we the people will elect women-molesting nazi idiots.

Keep your favors to yourself next time."
There's not really much there to hang your hat on, waiting for a response...sorry but after that gem, I called you an idiot. You continue, trying very hard to prove me right by saying:
Right. It's called hyperbole. If you actually wanted to respond to this, you could have responded to Aslanna, who was much more eloquent than me
What the fuck? You hide behind Aslanna... hahaha but I'm still lookinf for something to respond to. So I read your brainchild further:

Aside from you recognizing that your insults are uninformed, you simply state your opinion about the candidates. Since you already stated that you aren't from California, and the fact that you seem like a clueless, mouth breathing reject who wants to hide behind Aslanna, I'm still not feeling particularly motivated to debate you assessment of the candidates. I did respond though, that you referring to me as demonstrating "self pity and superiority fueled rage" was baseless. I also addressed the fact that you solidify your position as a complete pussy, by claming that you were just baiting, in your original comments.

So other than calling you an idiot, and now a pussy, for hiding behind Aslanna's post and trying to reversse course, what more would you like me to say?

I didn't post to defend Arnold. Call him whatever you like. You can even continue to do so from the comfort of your uninformed position, I genuinely don't care. My original post was in response to Californians being called retarded for voting yes on the recall. You simply elected to "jump on" to Aslanna's coat tails, and are now caught in a torrent of self inflicted confusion.

Grats?
~Venti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

You stated that your state did the rest of the nation a favor by hosting the recall.

I disputed this. Aslanna agreed. This is why I referenced Aslanna.
what more would you like me to say?
Oh, I don't know. Maybe I would like you to DEFEND YOUR FUCKING POINT?
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

I'll make an analogy you can understand.

Let's say you're at work, and tempted to eat a french fry out of the rack of fries that are waiting to be delivered to the customers at the counter. You remember suddenly though, that the last guy that did that was fired by the manager.

In this example, you have learned a lesson, through someone else, a peer and will use that as a guide of sorts, to not fuck up at work.

Other than that, Im really not sure how much more clear I can make my statement, and the implied argument behind it. Aslanna appeared to get it, and disagreed without making her/himself look retarded. Where did you miss?
~Venti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

But see, I could use the exact same analogy to defend the opposite point. All states (yes, even California) have elections. These elections are used to remove politicians when they do not perform up to the standards of the people who have elected them. When one politician is removed via election, then theoretically, other politicians should also learn a lesson.

So basically,

California could have waited until election time and then voted Gray Davis out of office, using the election apparatus that is in place.

Instead, you wasted something like $67m (i'm sure that will help with the ol' budget deficit) in order to do the same thing a few years earlier. Now, to be fair, three years is a long time, but I suppose that's the states fault for electing Davis only 9 months before deciding that he's no longer fit to hold office.

Then, you held an election process that was so rushed that the many viable candidates did not have enough time to articulate positions, outline platforms, and debate each other. By not going through a primary system, you risked vote splitting on one side or the other. The popularity of candidates ended up being based mostly (not entirely) on name recognition and public perception rather than ideas and plans.

Because the recall was unplanned, the states voting equipment was not up to standards, yet the recall went ahead anyway (a fair decision imo). This means that tens of thousands of people are at risk of not having their votes counted.

Gray Davis was forced to focus on campaigning as opposed to running the state. The rest of the political establishment was forced to do the same thing. I think that I can say, with relative certainty, that the state would have been better off with their government paying attention for a few months as opposed to not paying attention for a few months.

Following this, the state elected Arnold. Davis' supporters chanted for a recall at his concession speech (god i hope this happens). In only a few short years, Arnold will be forced to turn his attention from the governing of the state to another campaign, assuming he runs again. This means that the recall forced a significant chunk of the governments time to be focused on campaigning, as opposed to running the state, which is obviously a problem for a state already in crisis.

My point is that this is bad, and I have no reason to thank your state for doing it. Do you understand now?
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

omg dont argue using so many words its too much to read!!
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Sueven wrote:But see, I could use the exact same analogy to defend the opposite point. All states (yes, even California) have elections. These elections are used to remove politicians when they do not perform up to the standards of the people who have elected them.
Recalls are important to happen every now and again because most politicians firmly believe that once they're in office they have 2-3 years to do whatever the hell they want, regardless of campaign promises, then 12 months at the end of their term to attempt to make people forget the last 3 years.

This policy works more often than not, especially when the incumbent party gets to re-draw district boundaries, which they often do to enhance their chances of winning.

It's much better to put as many towns that solidly vote for your opposition as possible in one district, then you can spread the remainder out in the remaining districts so that their votes are never going to be more than 40%

American politicians basically invented it in the 19th century, and I heard a new report of them doing it again this week, and there's nothing to stop it.
http://college.hmco.com/history/readers ... mander.htm
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Sueven wrote:My point is that this is bad, and I have no reason to thank your state for doing it. Do you understand now?
Your point came through far better now, than in any previous post. = ) My point in supporting the recall, is that while the recall may be bad, continuing to have Davis as Governor is far, far worse.

My insight for the recall is as follows:

Over spending on social programs particularly geared towards illegal immigrants are a huge contributor to the deficit. Roughly a month ago, Davis signed into law, more incentive for illegal immigration to go unchecked. Giving illegal immigrants the right to apply for driver's licenses. The cost of enabling this law, if you assume that it will only cost $11.00 per license that the DMV will hand out to illegal immigrants (It wont by the way, it will be much hgher) will be the same cost as the recall. I'm not against immigration, but I am dead set against Illegal Immigration, and certainly an opponent to anyone who would incentivize it. Davis had previously veto'd this bill, TWICE, but in an effort to garner more votes from the mexican community, passed this peice of shit law during the recall campaign.

My car tax (as previously beat to death in the current events forum) has tripled. The reason for hte trippling of the tax, is to make up for shortfalls in the state budget. This is the long term effect of having someone at the helm of the state who does not have the capacity to make good decisions about things like energy contracts, social programs, over-spending your growth and solid management of the government employee pool.

As a result of Davis' sleeping at the wheel through the energy bendover, he negotiated bad, bad, bad contracts well after the time things were at critical mass. The result is that this year, my energy bills are roughly 2.5 times higher than two years ago. (measured by the rate, not useage)

Unchecked spending has driven my tax basis through the fucking roof at every measureable level. The most recent tax increase of the car tax, is brazenly illegal, and I hope that it's the first thing that gets changed.

The estimate for the actual cost of the recall has gone up and down more than Kyoucan in the boys locker room. I'm pessimistic that anyone has a real figure to quote right now, but even if that figure is correct, its a good expenditure. The plain fact of the matter is, that sometimes you have to bite a really sour pill and take the lesser of two evils. The cost of the recall is far less than the cost of allowing Davis to continue to drive the state into the ground.

spelling owns me
~Venti
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wonder how many times I can have my name mentioned in one thread!

--
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Aslanna wrote:
It was the people like former porn stars and 500 other people who put their names on the ballot that turned this into a joke. A blanket statement that the recall was a joke and those who voted for it are retarded is as ignorant an opionion as you will hear in this thread.

Zaelath nailed it spot on... Politicians feel they are above reproach. Gray Davis has been such a poor governor for such a long time now that Californians were willing to elect someone with no political experience because they knew that they were already at the bottom of a deep dark chasm and there was no place to go but up.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Moonwynd wrote:
It was the people like former porn stars and 500 other people who put their names on the ballot that turned this into a joke. A blanket statement that the recall was a joke and those who voted for it are retarded is as ignorant an opionion as you will hear in this thread.
Actually, that's a well-informed opinion. You many not like it but it's a very succinct summary.
Zaelath nailed it spot on... Politicians feel they are above reproach. Gray Davis has been such a poor governor for such a long time now that Californians were willing to elect someone with no political experience because they knew that they were already at the bottom of a deep dark chasm and there was no place to go but up.
If he was 'such a poor governor for such a long time' why was he reelected? Oh yeah... Exactly. Retards.

--
Venti
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Venti »

Aslanna wrote: If he was 'such a poor governor for such a long time' why was he reelected? Oh yeah... Exactly. Retards.
Yeah, what sucks, is that we can't blame the recall on anyone but ourselves. I really do hope that the last 11 months showed us the effects of lazy asses not voting during the regular elections.

As a side note, with Bustamante being basicly, a lame duck for the next three years, I hope Arnie makes him do sit ups every day, or something.
~Venti
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I agree with pretty much everything you said in the last post, Venti.

I guess it's easy for me to sit back and criticize the recall, living on the other coast. I'm not the one with the enormous registration fees, crippling deficits, and so on. I have the luxury of being detached.

If I were in California, I'd probably want Gray Davis the hell out, too. I guess I just resent the implication that California getting themselves into such a political clusterfuck, and then bludgeoning their way out while wasting resources and time should be construed as anything besides Californians dealing with their own mess.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

Aslanna..

Just adding to the number :D

Edit: Emmer > Me :(
Last edited by Soreali on October 10, 2003, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timmah.

emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

wtf is aslana?
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

It was the end of days for Gray Davis the last action governor who was totally recalled by kindergarten commando who is no junior at erasering and jingling all the way to sacramento T3 rise of the machines!
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight