Poll: Should I Play EQ again?

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Should I reactivate my account?

Yes!
61%
No!
39%

Total votes: 82

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Yep Stragi, Rizz still plays :)
en kærlighed småkager
Zedul
No Stars!

Post by Zedul »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I suppose you pretty much have to think about what YOU want from the game. Sadly the game is built around those high end encounters but like others have said, there is a lot you can do as a casual player if you know what you want. I am starting to get a bit excited by reading these posts about what I could do if I put my mind to it. Exploring the noob zones that you never really checked out before. Hell I have only seen the surface of Mistmoore and some of the others. I think I may actually do that next time I log in. Should be fun.
I entertain that idea as well from time to time, but then I think about it... you start off a newbie and pretty soon you start getting derailed because your newbie doesn't have the gear to do the stuff you would like to do, so you log on your old main to get your newbie some gear, and then you are back to camping gear, and then when you are on your old character you realize how much fucking time you wasted getting that old character so uber and how ridiculous it would be to ever spend that much time on another character again, so you might as well play the old character, of course playing the old character would entail some raiding, which of course is going to consume more of your time, and there is always going to be one or two people on the raids that don't like you, or you don't like them, then it goes back into politics and other bullshit, and the next thing you know you are right back in the big pile of poo that made you quit the game in the first place.

Everytime I think of turning my account on again all those thoughts go through my head, I have a little halfing ranger I started that I had OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of fun with, but it's hard to actually work on him when I have Zeilya sitting in the garage loaded with the spoils and toils of many a campaign.

Another thing is, I don't identify with my character anymore - I crafted my shadowknight during a dark part of my life, and put a personae into her that was anything but nice, I think most people fashioned characters out of their real life angst and used this game as an escape. Once things are all warm and fuzzy again here on the outside, going back to the game, is kind of like going back into that dark and gloomy period. I question whether it would really be good for the psyche.

There are OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of great things in EQ, but there is also a hell of OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of baggage that comes with it. :evil:
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

I miss Aranuil and Truant :(
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

/hug Murr

Murr, I'm back. :) I'll give you a hug next time I see you :)

I miss Trulicious/Bok Bok/Trudaddy too. :(
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

I've been entertaining the idea of paying Truant to reactive his account, just so someone could log him on and say "Bok bok!" to me.

<3 Trulicious muchly.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Oh and I hate Murr. A lot.

Asslings...pfft.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

bok bok :)

/grouphug
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

You actually dipped back into the eq pool again ehh?

I play as my warrior (I'm a glutton for punishment) Gorjah. He's a guildless schmoe at this point but since I'm not in AO full-time any longer...
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by murr »

Drol that pic of Bricktop really fits my mental image of you well, except when I saw your gay Danish ass at the valhall party pics.
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Murr thinks my ass is gay :(