There's a new zerg in town

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

I really thought PE gave up on training people out of zones, but I guess you never forget your roots. Treating other guilds to trains, intentional or not, is going to bite you in the ass down the road when you need backflags from those guilds. The era of strongarm Velious era train and grab server politics is over in POP, even I know this. All another guild has to do to fuck you is lock one mob in the progression down in their time zone, something SI has proven they have the will and means to do, to end all of your advancement through POP. I am sure you can grasp the implications of the griefing potential there.

On topic:

There have been exactly three guilds in the history of the server to get to elementals without entering in an aliance with another guild, so I wouldn't be so quick to criticise especially if you are not in Fiends, PD, or FOH. Like Fair said, all concept of zerg is tossed out where flags are concerned. Those two guilds allying is pretty shrewd and pragmatic, as I am sure PD would like to advance and Im equally sure Farstorm is sick of getting griefed in Luclin. POP is all about numbers, anyhow; how many clerics and how many warm bodies you have.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Annoyed123
No Stars!

What's really sad....

Post by Annoyed123 »

[quote="Spankes"]Yes, quite sad.[/quote]

Yeah, so much easier to just dump your "friends" and jump onto the coat tails of someone else.... while making snide comments about the "ease" of the progression you were unwilling to undertake.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: What's really sad....

Post by Skogen »

Annoyed123 wrote:
Spankes wrote:Yes, quite sad.
Yeah, so much easier to just dump your "friends" and jump onto the coat tails of someone else.... while making snide comments about the "ease" of the progression you were unwilling to undertake.
Thanks anon post JACKASS.

Yet another person who won't dare post there in-game name, while taking shots at some others. Pussy.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Aranuil wrote:
Sionistic wrote:logs can be faked, wheres the proof?
Where's the motive?

Miir's a credible source for information. Spangaloid is... Spangaloid.
Then if I say we did not train anyone, what would you say?

We camp a cleric on every third pull not every pull get your facts straight.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Skogen wrote:
Annoyed123 wrote:
Thanks anon post JACKASS.

Yet another person who won't dare post there in-game name, while taking shots at some others. Pussy.
Skogen is, as always, spot on.

Great thread btw. :)
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

cid wrote:Then if I say we did not train anyone, what would you say?
I would still say that Spangaloid is.. Spangaloid.

I would add that he is not an individual who I would allow to be seen as a mouthpiece for any organization I was running, and that... if you, Cid told me that you did not train anyone, I'd be highly skeptical of claims to the contrary because like Miir, I know you to not be a fucktard.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

So by letting Farstorm get the RZ flag, isn't that like cockblocking yourself?

Edit: Ok, RZ deadeded
Last edited by Sargeras on September 29, 2003, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devereaux
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by devereaux »

This thread has potential but is nowhere near critical mass yet. 4/10 so far. If my boss wasn't here still, I'd flame the whole lot of ya.
Taly
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Taly »

we got RZ =)
I want to cast...........MAGIC MISSLE!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Aranuil wrote:

I would add that he is not an individual who I would allow to be seen as a mouthpiece for any organization I was running, and that... if you, Cid told me that you did not train anyone, I'd be highly skeptical of claims to the contrary because like Miir, I know you to not be a fucktard.
fuck you, asshole...i was there, i saw what happened. i knew there was 1 PE monk in raid and another at zone in awaiting CoTH once we clicked the orb after DXXT.

I know PE engaged and killed Dyek and FS/PD should have never leap frogged to DXXT in the first place.

I saw their casters on mounts.

I saw our SoS rogue return to our raid force at after joining the coth mage's group with full HP.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Spang wrote:
Aranuil wrote:

fuck you, asshole...i was there, i saw what happened. i knew there was 1 PE monk in raid and another at zone in awaiting CoTH once we clicked the orb after DXXT.

I know PE engaged and killed Dyek and FS/PD should have never leap frogged to DXXT in the first place.

I saw our SoS rogue return to our raid force at after joining the coth mage's group with full HP.
A tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury...

Devereux please don't threaten us with your oh-so-cleverly-contrived flames.
Last edited by noel on September 29, 2003, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revs
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Revs »

:popcorn:
aka Trake Daddy 65 Overlord, Cestus Dei [retired]
Diamonds are a girl's blow job enabler
sarama
No Stars!

Post by sarama »

First of all PE did not train SI with our SoS rogue that was setting up our COH, he came back to the raid full HP, if his SoS broke I can't imagine he would have lived or at least not been hurt in some way. Second we did not train the FS/PD zerg force that leapfrogged us to a named after we killed the mob to despawn the warders so that they could even get there. I absolutely HATE getting tells over and over and over again claiming some BS. What I want to know is why the hell PD/FS thinks they even need to be in VT, aren't you elemental flagged? Thought so, so why not move there? Oh and why couldn't you do it with only your own guild? PE was there doing just fine all by ourselves.
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Aranuil wrote:
Spang wrote:
Aranuil wrote:

A tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury...

Exactly what do you know of this situation Aranuil? Were you there?
Only an idiot comments on subjects they have no first hand knowledge of.

Cid is beyond reproach.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Kalifen
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Kalifen »

[quote="Jice Virago"]I
There have been exactly three guilds in the history of the server to get to elementals without entering in an aliance with another guild, so I wouldn't be so quick to criticise especially if you are not in Fiends, PD, or FOH.

Even if they arent anymore, make it four , Valhall.
Secretary Pro¨Vannor movment.
Now owning Teh PoM, SH and CT pre nerf, pvp server style.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Please show me a post where I'm commenting on the 'situation' other than saying:

1. Spangaloid is an idiot, and someone I would go to great lengths to prevent from speaking for me. I can give you examples of his idiocy, I have firsthand knowledge.

2. Miir made better arguments than Spangaloid. Again I can provide you with examples.

3. Cid and Miir are both individuals whom I respect. I can go into lengthy explanations of why this is the case.

I'll wait.
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

I don't particularly think yelling, cursing and whining will win anyone an argument...so unless you intend to actually address the problem in a civil manner all that will happen is that PE will look exactly like what people are accusing it of being, when in fact it is not
Quietly Retired From EQ In Greater Faydark
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Annoyed123 wrote:
haha. My friends know who they are and know how I feel. I left PD because of the whining when I pushed for progression. It isnt hard to progress....but guess what, it doesnt happen in VT on your 6th(?) fucking month. Progression comes from desire, a willingness to die repeatedly learning a strat and the ability to place progression above the desire for 30 loots from VT.

I had a desire to grow, the guild I was in did not, I left. End of story. And, in seeing the last 2 months of "progression" I was not even a little bit off the mark. None the less, I love the people of PD, always will. My voice not only was barely heard, it was hardly considered, and so I left.

Finally, you are spineless, that is all.

edit: engrish > me
Last edited by Spankes on September 29, 2003, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

As to the main topic of the thread though...I don't get why so many people like poking fun at zerg forces...yeah they may have gotten the job done with a lot more people than YOUR guild did, but that is not to say that they didn't do it with the same savy or experience as your guild did...and to those of you who criticize other guilds for zerging a mob that you yourself have yet to encounter: please go die, kthxbye :wink:
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

Spankes wrote:
Annoyed123 wrote:
haha. My friends know who they are and know how I feel. I left PD because of the whining when I pushed for progression. It isnt hard to progress....but guess what, it doesnt happen in VT on your 6th(?) fucking month. Progression comes from desire, a willingness to die repeatedly learning a strat and the ability to place progression above the desire for 30 loots from VT.

I had a desire to grow, the guild I was in did not, I left. End of story. And, in seeing the last 2 months of "progression" I was not even a little bit off the mark. None the less, I love the people of PD, always will. My voice not only wasn't heard, it was hardly considered, and so I left.

Finally, you are spineless, that is all.
Psnak! :D
Nylith
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Nylith »

Fesuni Chopsui wrote:that is not to say that they didn't do it with the same savy or experience as your guild did...
I don't see how PD dragging Farstorm around for flags on half of PoP's encounters when they (Farstorm) has never beaten them before entails either savy or experience.

Edit: For clarity.
Last edited by Nylith on September 29, 2003, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Now, I don't particularly love or hate ( well maybe one~ ) any of the involved guilds, nor do I know about everything that happened since I wasn't there... but!

In the defense of PE, due to the wonderfully implemented warder system in Vex Thal, in essence, the guild that kills Kaas Thox Xi Ans Dyek ( blob1 ) gets full claim to the AHR 'cycle' since all of the related mobs ( KTXAD, DXXT, TVK, DXVT/TVK, VXAHR ) have warders guarding the next mob as well as one in AHR's room ( in other words, you need to kill them all to kill AHR - KTXAD has one in her room for sure ). You might as well consider blob1 the trigger to a cycle ( what it should have been in the first place instead of the fucktard warder BS ). If a guild leapfrogs you to DXXT after you kill blob1, yeah that's pretty damn gay. Not saying you didn't but I would've petitioned - yeah, customer service does exist sometimes.

However, I have no trouble whatsoever believing you guys would train PD/FS, which is just as lame. And to add to the joke, they control your train and then you try to break the mezzes? Lol? Do you people in PE still wonder why other guilds treat you the way they do? Jesus Christ, when I was in Farstorm, there were so many fucking times you shitheads trained us in Ssra trying to get mobs that were rightfully FS's. Arch Lich / Cursed ring a bell? Not to mention in Fiends, during a Cursed raid you guys sent about 18 or 19 melee chars into charm range without resists, intentionally getting charmed, trying to gangbang Luggz and once again fail horribly at attempt to cheat your way into getting a mob.

If you guys really did get ans dyek fair and square well, no, you shouldn't get leapfrogged. But with a history like yours, I'd probably just call it good old fashioned payback. Morons.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Fesuni Chopsui wrote:I don't particularly think yelling, cursing and whining will win anyone an argument...so unless you intend to actually address the problem in a civil manner all that will happen is that PE will look exactly like what people are accusing it of being, when in fact it is not
HAHAHAHA

WTF!!!
All you did was yell, curse, whine and flame out when you argued here. Has it been that long? Do a search under your name, read your posts then think twice about what you just wrote.
emmer
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by emmer »

i would liek to hear what triaf thinks ;D

:popcorn:
devereaux
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by devereaux »

Aranuil wrote: A tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury...

I have an idea. Why don't you start quoting Ayn Rand and throw out some pop philosophy, so that the 85% illiterate here can become acquainted with Cliff notes, while the other 15% get a refresher course on Modern American cliches.

Devereaux: I'll take Flamevault Personalities for $500 plz Alex.

Alex: This gregarious message board spammer is known for coining famous phrases such as 'I'm calling you out bitch, you want a piece of me?', 'Internet rape is a serious offense, dude', 'Lock this thread, plz', and 'Just ask all of my friends'.

Devereaux: Who is Araneedstogetlaidfromarealwomaninsteadoffrompaychecktopaycheck?

Alex: Judges?

(buzzer)

Alex: I'm sorry Dev, but the correct answer is Aranuil.........
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Ell ohh ell!
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

devereaux wrote:

I have an idea. Why don't you start quoting Ayn Rand and throw out some pop philosophy, so that the 85% illiterate here can become acquainted with Cliff notes, while the other 15% get a refresher course on Modern American cliches.

Alex: This gregarious message board spammer is known for coining famous phrases such as 'I'm calling you out bitch, you want a piece of me?', 'Internet rape is a serious offense, dude', 'Lock this thread, plz', and 'Just ask all of my friends'.

Devereaux: Who is Araneedstogetlaidfromarealwomaninsteadoffrompaychecktopaycheck?

(buzzer)

Although I despise you and everything you stand for and think you should be run over by an 18-wheeler...I must admit, that was fucking hilarious :lol:
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I really enjoyed the part about Ayn Rand. :D
aristat
No Stars!

Post by aristat »

devereaux wrote:

(buzzer)

ROFLMAO
Zver 65 lvl War
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Second we did not train the FS/PD zerg force
There were about 30 PE and 40 PD/FS in VT.
Since when does 40ish in VT raid constitute a zerg force?

Anyway, your monks did train us with about 16 mobs and I don't find it hard to believe that most of you had no idea what was going on.
Regardless, the extra adds made an otherwise boring fight a bit more interesting.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Here is a good read
http://shadowpuma.50megs.com/si/sin_vt1st.html

This was SI's first visit to VT. There are many reason why they could have gotten trained. All I can say is that it was not us.

So once PE/FS thought we trained SI, they decided to pay us back.

SI we(PE) did not train you. Congratz on getting into VT. You will soon learn how much this zone bites.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

treachery is afoot!
Fuck Michigan!
sarama
No Stars!

Post by sarama »

miir wrote:

Anyway, your monks did train us with about 16 mobs and I don't find it hard to believe that most of you had no idea what was going on.
Regardless, the extra adds made an otherwise boring fight a bit more interesting.
Ok maybe 40 isn't a zerg force, again I will ask why couldn't you do it on your own? Why bring 2 guilds to do something we were doing just fine with on our own? Not have enough online? Then don't raid, that's pretty easy. As far as our monks go, 1 was with us and he was in targetable range of me the whole time, the other was at zone in waiting for CoH, not sure how they could have done it.
Fesuni Chopsui
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Fesuni Chopsui »

Are the servers down? So many people on VV right now jeez
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

/afk meeting
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

devereaux wrote:

(buzzer)

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

sarama wrote:
miir wrote:

Ok maybe 40 isn't a zerg force, again I will ask why couldn't you do it on your own? Why bring 2 guilds to do something we were doing just fine with on our own? Not have enough online? Then don't raid, that's pretty easy. As far as our monks go, 1 was with us and he was in targetable range of me the whole time, the other was at zone in waiting for CoH, not sure how they could have done it.
This is not a flame.

You might want to rethink your statement, and here's why... Have you ever been in an experience group with people outside of PE? Of course you have. If you couldn't get enough people from PE, why didn't you just, log off for the night? Saying a guild shouldn't raid with another guild if they don't have enough people on is not a very realistic request.

Atokal,

I guess this means you don't have a response to my earlier post? I thought you weren't going to flame anymore? It looked to me like you were calling me an idiot. Guess that no flaming thing lasted a long time...

Oh what am I saying, you're not even posting anymore, so you couldn't possibly be flaming anyone... :roll:
Annoyed123
No Stars!

Spineless .. WHATEVER

Post by Annoyed123 »

haha.. guess the truth hurts.

You were second in command... leading more raids and spending more online than even the guild leader. How could your voice NOT be heard? It's ok... you can just admit you quit.

And yes.. why would I use my real handle ... so you could harass me online? That would be smart.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

FS have killed every named in VT multiple times without the help of, or guests from other guilds.
PD have killed every named in VT multiple times without the help of, or guests from other guilds.

Bangador was the only one who I personally witness training us.
He came barreling across DXXT spawn spot with about 8 mobs behind him, then proceeded to flop in the door and dump his train on us. There is probably about 20 people in out combined guilds who witnessed it as well.

Also, can you explain why Maylindra was intentionaly and repeatedly breaking the mezzes on those mobs you trained on us?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Spineless .. WHATEVER

Post by noel »

Annoyed123 wrote:haha.. guess the truth hurts.

You were second in command... leading more raids and spending more online than even the guild leader. How could your voice NOT be heard? It's ok... you can just admit you quit.

And yes.. why would I use my real handle ... so you could harass me online? That would be smart.
You use you're real handle so people know you're not talking out of your fucking ass, and making shit up (though that doesn't work for everyone on this board). If you're not man enough to stand behind what you say then shut your fucking hole.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

PUSSY.

You're not using your real handle because this leaves you an out for all accountability for the shit you talk, not for being harassed in game. Nice excuse, though.
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Yeah, that would be smart, because perish the thought you would ever want to talk shit and have a real name to back it up with. A fucking dolt as yourself deserves to be harassed.

Can we get an IP check on this guy prs~?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

Jice i disagree PoP is not all about #'s.

it is less zerg than SoL actually, in my opinion. Sure you need 45-50 for the elemental gods, and i guess we'll probably have to put 60 out there to beat Rathe, dunno we'll see when we do.

anyways, 'skillz' still count in my opinion.
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

Perhaps you should not speak of what you do not know. Yes, I was second in command. When Trias was not online my word was law. Where were we when I was on? Oh, that is right, I got us together for rallos, I learned the strat to do him with, I dragged the guild through the event until we beat it. After that? Oh yeah, Air. I had us clearing islands and starting rings so we could try to get keyed for Xegony. What did I hear from people, including other officers? "this or that mob is up in VT." "This is too hard," "We can't do this," etc....

Still, I pressed on. I made posts in the officer forum about how we needed progression over farming and it met with resistance. I was told over and over again "we will fix it, we will do this, we will do that." So, I am working for progression...where is the guild when I am at work? Fucking VT. Not learning encounters, not watching for elemental spawns, VT.

There is nothing you can do or say that will show that I had nothing but the best intentions for PD the entire time I was there. I was the leader without the tag...anyone with any real amount of playtime knew that. I busted my ass for that guild, and though I don't regret a second of it, I grew tired if pulling people along. Most of PD is an amazing group of people capable of so much more than they give themselves credit for and I miss them every day, but it makes me sick to see how little they try.

Blame numbers, blame cockblocking, blame timezone, blame me, blame this, blame that....when will you, Mr./Mrs. Annoyed, take a little accountability for your lack of desire, drive and progression?
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Voronwë wrote:Sure you need 45-50 for the elemental gods, and i guess we'll probably have to put 60 out there to beat Rathe, dunno we'll see when we do.

anyways, 'skillz' still count in my opinion.
Considering we have more experience with the Rathe than with Corinav, I hope so too :P
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

annoyed = gone
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Colal
No Stars!

Post by Colal »

We weren't going to say antyhing about this, but you opened your mouth.

PE you guys are laughable.

We had 36 in zone, you had 4. Sneeekz ran past us, grabed some mobs, ran strait back to our force and hit escape; wiped us. Yeah, its your word versus our, but consider the credibitly. SI has been around since pre kunark days, under the same leadership we have now. Have you ever heared of us being in a spawn dispute with anyone? Have you ever seen our named mentioned in negative light on flamevault? We have been steamrolled, KSed, and trained before, have you ever heard us complain about it?

After we were trained, we didn't say a damn thing in ooc, we didn't make a fuss in anyway, or even send you guys a tell. However first thing sneekz did was start claiming he didn't train us. Up until now we havent said a single thing to your guild, yet you are already claiming you didn't train us?

While i can't confirm this peronsally, rumor has it that PE recieved a guild warning over what happened.

The saddest part of this was, we weren't even after the Aten cycle. We were there farming keys, and decided to try blob1 at the very end. Afterwards we were going to log out. Over the course of our raid, we talked with farstorm, pravus dei and silent heart, telling them we were going for blob1 only. We TRIED to talk to PE, but you were the only guild present that wouldn't respond to us.

If we had wanted to race you, you would have lost. We could have cohed at any time, several of our rouges already were keyed from when they were in Valhall, we simply werent interested in the named, minus one.

So a big FU, to you. Don't drag our name into your mud pit, we don't want anyting to do with you. And we don't want your sympathy/apologies. Your a joke.

Colal
Officer SI.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Go fuck yourself.

You are laughable. Once you learn VT, you will know the argo that goes with it.

You didn’t say anything? Then why did Sarama receive so many tells from your guild?
While i can't confirm this personally, rumor has it that PE received a guild warning over what happened.
You read the enquire? That’s about how much reliability that statement has
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

*BOOM*
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

cid wrote: You are laughable. Once you learn VT, you will know the argo that goes with it.
This, coming from the people that chain-wiped to Va Dyn Khar~~
Do unto others what has been done to you.