Some new screens from AO:Shadowlands

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Some new screens from AO:Shadowlands

Post by miir »

Pretty slick stuff....

Clicky Clicky
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Wow, that looks fantastic. I've said it for a long time. AO is far an away the best looking MMORPG to date. Cool stuff Miir.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I went back to AO for my free re-trial month back around xmas and I couldn't fucking find anyone online. Not just friends, like anyone at all. Even Omni-1 was a fucking graveyard (on rubi-ka 1 server). Where does everyone 100+ hang out now? Still farming missions in Broken Shores or what?

I even went to Funcom's AO messageboards and hardly anyone posts at them anymore. Although that might have something to do with Funcom deleting any posts that don't have "Hey Anarchy Online is really great!" in the title.

It's a shame really. AO was a fun game. If a bunch of people I knew went out and got it I would probably play it again. But when I went back awhile ago, I had to solo because I literally could not find anyone to group with. And soloing beyond level 80 makes even EQ look like fast levelling.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I went back to AO for my free re-trial month back around xmas and I couldn't fucking find anyone online. Not just friends, like anyone at all. Even Omni-1 was a fucking graveyard (on rubi-ka 1 server). Where does everyone 100+ hang out now? Still farming missions in Broken Shores or what?
There's content all over the place now.
There's a few spots in the cities where people congregate but there's no real need for anyone to be in the same spot.

Last time I logged in was a few months ago and there were 80+ people in Trade... I went into a shop and saw another 10-15 players. The mission terms on Ent had about 30 people milling about. On any given day, there's 50-60 players of each faction in Camelot.. there's gobs of new outdoor hunting spots in the Artery Valleys.
It's not like EQ was with high a concentration of people in a 3-4 zones. They have added shitloads of content to spread the players out across the game world.

I even went to Funcom's AO messageboards and hardly anyone posts at them anymore. Although that might have something to do with Funcom deleting any posts that don't have "Hey Anarchy Online is really great!" in the title.
Those forums needed heavier moderation. A newcomer looking at the 'official forums' would have gotten the impression that AO was the worst game ever made.
It's the same reason EQ closed down their forums and Mythic never even had their own forums for DAOC. The fact that Funcom even hosts AO forums is remarkable in itself.

There are a number of org forums and private forums that I still frequent to keep up with my ex-ao friends.

And soloing beyond level 80 makes even EQ look like fast levelling.
ROFL..... With zero twinkage or powerleveling, I can get a AO character to 150 faster solo than I could get a EQ character to 50.

The 180+ levels are the killers.... I only managed to get one of my characters 190+... most of the others tailed off around 150-160.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Well when I played my enforcer when I went back she is 90something and it was taking me about 15 missions at 1.5-2 hours each to get a level. I generally took missions around 60% difficulty on the slider for QL rewards about 6 levels higher than me.

Doing easier missions went a lot faster but I was making less XP/hour than doing harder.

I don't know what you are doing to get to 150 solo in no time flat but I guess it is something I am not.