MW3

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

MW3

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Well, this is the first CoD game where I went straight to multiplayer. I'll get back to the single player soon, I just wanted a taste of what it was like before I went back to BF3's single player. Besides, I heard the campaign was only around 5 hours but puts a nice ending on the "Modern Warfare Trilogy". First off, I loved Black Ops. I think it is the best CoD so far. I liked what they did to curb the craziness of MW2. That game would have 2-3 things in the sky at any given time raining death on everyone, pretty much forcing you to hide in a building and get picked off. Black Ops toned things down, added new game modes (which rocked!), and tweeked the hell out of multiplayer for the better by adding dive to prone, limiting grenade launcher spam, and making the shotgun primary only, and much, much more.

So, my first impression of MW3 multiplayer was jumping into a Domination match already in progress, getting raped in the ass with 7 kills 23 deaths, and at the end of the match seeing we were playing against a full clan, all level 38. The highest in my team was 8. So, fuck that shit. I watched everyone leave and the room fill with more newbs for the clan to eat. I opted out and jumped into a TDM. I did much better. On the 2nd TDM, I was getting back into the flow of CoD. However, there is a lot of reverse tweeks that IW has done. Dive to prone has been removed! The way you progress has been altered a great deal. Not only do you gain experience, but so does your weapon. You have to rank up your guns now. I'm not sure how I feel about that one just yet. I really liked the money approach that Trayarch went with. I also like their wager matches.

At it's core, it's just another CoD. Meaning, another fast paced run and gun shooter that is also totally awesome. Often imitated, never duplicated, It felt pretty good slipping back into CoD mode after playing some BF3 online which is a bit slower and methodical.

Since IW made this game, out with zombies, in with Spec Ops! I love both modes and like how we get a new one every other year. MW3 also adds a Horde mode that I have yet to try but it looks like fun. I was not happy at all that they removed practice bot mode from MW3. I think I played Black Ops bot mode more than I actually did vs real people.

Also, this was the first year when my friends list was not packed with 30 people all playing CoD. There were some BF3 in there as well as some of the other recent releases. It's been a pretty packed season for games. However, it was funny to see a large chunk of my friends list playing the various CoDs last week trying to get ranked up and ready for MW3!

My overall review is that MW3 is just like all the others, tweeked in a way to mix things up a bit but the end result will still be the same. The multiplayer is crazy as ever and seems to be paced more like MW1. The maps all seem somewhat smaller than usual but maybe that's because I've been playing BF3 lately with it's huge ass maps.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: MW3

Post by Funkmasterr »

Your friends were playing the other cod games the last few weeks because you got a token for the prestige shop for every cod you prestiged in :)

I like the leveling up of the weapons. It forces people to focus more on a few weapons instead of doing a ton of challenges for money and maxing everything out by the time they prestige each time. It balances things better IMO.

I wasn't having much fun for the first handful of games until the first of my friends hit 19 and we could go to hardcore games. The non hardcore games are packed with a bunch of retarded fucking clowns that try to jump around and play it like its halo.

My only complaint is the grenade launcher/rocket launcher shit. It's soo frustrating to watch people camping over and over with that shit for easy kills, but I just make it my mission to beat them down for it.

I haven't been playing as much as my friends due to wanting to finish up dark souls, but I've managed to get to 30 or so. I think a few of the guys I play with have already prestiged, lol. Overall it's been enjoyable, I typically have fun playing almost any shooting game online as long as I have friends to team up with.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

My only real complaint is the same as it was in MW2. There is simply way too much AI killstreak bullshit going on. You don't even need skill now to get a killstreak. Take the support package and your deaths no longer interrupt your killstreak. Want a stealth bomber? Get 18 kills in the match at all and you have it. Want a blackbird up? Get 12 kills.

IW is just completely retarded and regresses the direction every time they come out with a new one. MW1 had the killstreaks right....with Black Ops being a close second. I do like the gun leveling they introduced here and it is somewhat similar to what the original had.

If they would update the MW1 servers and get rid of the hacking, I am betting they would have as many people playing it as they do any of their other games.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I just knocked out the single player. After playing through the BF3 campaign, it makes MW3 seem 10x better than it probably should. Often imitated but never duplicated, MW3 was pretty goddamn fun (and short). I think it took me around 4.5 hours to beat and I only died a handful of times in the entire campaign. It felt a bit more "on rails" than any of the previous CoDs, but it was still fun. The set pieces were great and there were plenty of "I can't believe that just happened" moments. I was a stormtrooper of death in this game. I felt like I killed about a million people.

Good game!