iPhone Blizzard Authenticator App

WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

iPhone Blizzard Authenticator App

Post by Fairweather Pure »

New Blizzard Authenticator app is now available for download for iPhone users!

https://us.battle.net/account/support/m ... wnload.xml

It's free and works great. Fuck yeah, I almost ordered the keychains last week for myself and 3 others.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: iPhone Blizzard Authenticator App

Post by Spang »

What the hell does it do?
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Makes your account unhackable.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm guessing it checks unique serial of your iphone or something during login process. Something like that.

Are you screwed if your iPhone not with your or broken, or battery dead?
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

As soon as i saw they had introduced token solutions to WoW, i was wondering when they would make a check for cellphones instead, so you dont need to carry tokens around.
What i dont get are why they went with an Iphone only solution, that seems to have some interesting requirements, instead of using a program like SMS Passcode that work with any cell phone.

Had the maker out and give a speech on it at a work seminar, sounded like a pretty interesting solution, when you log in with your username and password, it send a SMS to your phone, flash SMS, free to receive worldwide, show up in 10 sec or less (unless youre in china, or in a few east european countries who claim they dont censor SMS, but the company can see the exact same results as the china firewall), and you have 1 or 2 min to use the code. In case you visited a fake site made to scam the password and code from you, that wont work either, since the code on the SMS is tied to the session you make to the page, cant be faked from other PCs, even if they try to use the user name, password and pin within the time limit.

But i guess they might go that way eventually, tying it up to ONLY Iphones seems silly to me. Im pretty sure that if people get the choise between paying 10$ (or whatever the token solution cost), or maybe 1$ a month to not need a token, but just their cellphone, they could make money, AND get a more secure game :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"