Remove the ban on Cartalas and

What do you think about the world?
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Remove the ban on Cartalas and

Post by Metanis »

... let's shake this place up a bit.

With the silly season hard upon us it's time to brush off old prejudices and join the battle anew!

-Metanis
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Remove the ban on Cartalas and

Post by Siji »

Requesting to be banned kind of implies that the requester has no interest in participating any longer.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

He was threatened into that response. I'm sure you've said, "just shoot me" several times and many of us wanted to but didn't. Same difference.

Flames are at an all time low. Dropping steadily since...oh, about a year ago. You could always make a little cliqué *FF* board to eliminate whoever's opinion you didn't want while leaving the majority of the FlameVault open to everyone.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Who?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I heard Kyoukan would post again if Cartalas was unbanned.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wow I hadn't thought about Cartalas since.. the last thread to unban him was created. You reap what you sow!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Un-ban Cart!!

:usa
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

:vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup: :vv_shutup:
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

The free-speechers aren't for free speech after all. What a shocker.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The guy asked to be banned. You're the ones going against his wishes - not us.

Also, what in fucks name is a "free speecher"? Are you against free speech? You stupid fucking troll.
Last edited by Nick on March 24, 2008, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:The guy asked to be banned. You're the ones going against his wishes - not us.
It's already been mentioned above with the "just shoot me" comment. Really. Grow up Nick.
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Incoming Sylvus post reiterating what has been said five fucking hundred times.

Also, since when do you "threaten" someone into saying something OVER THE INTERNET? Not a very good argument. I'd moreso say he was trying to assert himself against the mods and he pushed his shit too far.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

I must have missed the whole Cartalas being banned thing.

I say unban him unless he did something really shitty. As annoying as he was at times he was here a long time.

I miss kyoukan and Krimson. I would include Fameen there as well but he is probably still lurking.

/wave Fameen
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

"grow up" - get a new fucking response you silly little dipshit. You're proof beyond reason that age doesn't equal intelligence. (anyone who actually thinks that, as an adult, still, when conversing with other adults, is a primitive idiot by the way).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Forthe wrote:I must have missed the whole Cartalas being banned thing.

I say unban him unless he did something really shitty. As annoying as he was at times he was here a long time.

I miss kyoukan and Krimson. I would include Fameen there as well but he is probably still lurking.

/wave Fameen
Original thread

The 'unban' him thread

Happy reading.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cart really needs to be unbanned on a board like this.

It's so weak to ban someone here. You'd think by now we'd be beyond whoever was trying to impress someone with a banning. Since the self help supporters happen to be on the same side of the fence as the banner, I doubt we'll see anything happen.

We showed him!
Forthe wrote:I must have missed the whole Cartalas being banned thing.

Forth is yet another solid, long time contributer that's able to include Cart in the VV community while still managing to carry on with his life.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

What prompted this thread after almost a year? Is Cart still waiting to be unbanned?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Forth is yet another solid, long time contributer that's able to include Cart in the VV community while still managing to carry on with his life.
Also. if you'd note, he had posted that without knowing any of the details. I'd be curious to know his opinion on the matter now.

Original post for those who forget:
Cartalas wrote:From: Sylvus
To: Cartalas
Posted: April 5, 2007, 10:23 am
Subject: Alright, that's enough
I've gotten pm's from 5 different people who aren't even friendly with each other asking me to ban you in the last week. That's about 4 more than I usually get in any given week. Pretty much the only rules we have include "don't be a troll" and "don't make fun of rl pictures", and 99% (or more) of your posts are at least one of those things. I haven't banned you yet because it's just going to end up being a pain in my ass when people start bitching about being oppressed, but now it's getting to be a pain in my ass not banning you.

This is your last warning. Stop being a troll or I'm going to ban you.

Like I give a fuck, Veeshanvault has been dying a slow death anyways. Your little shitclan have run off all the worth while posters anyways. See ya folks have fun with your " OMG BUSH IS THE DEBIL THREADS"
lolz.

--
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Forthe »

Yeah I read the thread you linked to. I know Cart can be annoying but he has been banned for a year now. I would have advocated a much shorter ban at the time.

I would assume he has moved on from this place by now but if he did come back and behaved the same way you could always put the ban back in place.

Edit: Besides we are running very low on Bush supporters these days heh.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wow, Aslanna. You still posted that besides two responses mentioning the "just kill me" line people say all the time, but never mean it. Wow are you dense.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Wow, Aslanna. You still posted that besides two responses mentioning the "just kill me" line people say all the time, but never mean it. Wow are you dense.
And you're a worthless troll whose opinion means nothing to me. Fuck off and die in a Care Bears avalanche.

And, as stated, "the just kill me" analogy is totally retarded. Which I guess it why it makes sense to you.

--
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Forthe wrote:What prompted this thread after almost a year? Is Cart still waiting to be unbanned?
Because winnow needs something to cry about and most of the people here are still to stupid to realize that replying to him is feeding him.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cartalas wrote:From: Sylvus
To: Cartalas
Posted: April 5, 2007, 10:23 am
Subject: Alright, that's enough

Like I give a fuck, Veeshanvault has been dying a slow death anyways. Your little shitclan have run off all the worth while posters anyways. See ya folks have fun with your " OMG BUSH IS THE DEBIL THREADS"
Looks pretty much like he was run off to me and Cart had valid points.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Wow, Aslanna. You still posted that besides two responses mentioning the "just kill me" line people say all the time, but never mean it. Wow are you dense.
And you're a worthless troll whose opinion means nothing to me. Fuck off and die in a Care Bears avalanche.
Right back at ya, minus the dieing part. I don't wish that upon you, because I'm better than you.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I have exchanged emails with him a few times since he left, and while I am not 100% sure on this, I can pretty safely say I don't think he would start posting here again even if he could. Sorry winnow :(
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:I have exchanged emails with him a few times since he left, and while I am not 100% sure on this, I can pretty safely say I don't think he would start posting here again even if he could. Sorry winnow :(
He should still be unbanned. Whether he posts again is another matter. I'm sure he'd make a post or two in the sport forum.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

[Show]
Who says he wasn't unbanned months ago?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xouqoa wrote:
[Show]
Who says he wasn't unbanned months ago?
[Show]
I don't know about others, but I wouldn't sit around trying to log onto a place I was permanently banned from until someone told me I was unbanned. This isn't a self discovery thing.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Thing is, Cart is the kind of nimrod who probably still reads the site and checks every day. I mean, based on his past post history, he obviously does not have a very fullfilling life away from the internet. The fact that the Neocon Aryan Brotherhood Of Obstanence ressurects this shit every couple months suggests to me that he is whining to at least one of you in emails about the "man putting him down" on a semi-reguar basis. I said this the last time this crap came around and I will repeat it now: The board is a better place for his absence for EVERYONE, even you idiots even though you don't realize it. Certain people on both sides of the partisan fence spam threads, but at least its generally some sort of comment on the topic at hand, as opposed to the never ending third grade sentence fragments Cartalas managed to crap out.

Every place has some rules, some at least minor structure to maintain some sort of continuity and order. This place had two rules, which are really only lightly enforced, but he broke both constantly and remorselessly. When asked, in a civil manner, to throttle back for a bit, he through a temper tantrum worthy of a six year old girl who wants a pony. His ban was well earned and this forum is a better place without him.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Jice Virago wrote:Thing is, Cart is the kind of nimrod who probably still reads the site and checks every day. I mean, based on his past post history, he obviously does not have a very fullfilling life away from the internet. The fact that the Neocon Aryan Brotherhood Of Obstanence ressurects this shit every couple months suggests to me that he is whining to at least one of you in emails about the "man putting him down" on a semi-reguar basis.
As usual, you're completely wrong on the facts while throwing out speculative flames. I've received two emails from Cart in the last year and both were about the NBA in which he initiated absolutely nothing concerning this board. I'm sure Cart has a hobby like painting figures or playing guitar hero games obsessively to keep him busy while away from VV. Funny to hear some people on this board attempting to point out others as having no life.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Winnow wrote:
Jice Virago wrote:Thing is, Cart is the kind of nimrod who probably still reads the site and checks every day. I mean, based on his past post history, he obviously does not have a very fullfilling life away from the internet. The fact that the Neocon Aryan Brotherhood Of Obstanence ressurects this shit every couple months suggests to me that he is whining to at least one of you in emails about the "man putting him down" on a semi-reguar basis.
As usual, you're completely wrong on the facts while throwing out speculative flames. I've received two emails from Cart in the last year and both were about the NBA in which he initiated absolutely nothing concerning this board. I'm sure Cart has a hobby like painting figures or playing guitar hero games obsessively to keep him busy while away from VV. Funny to hear some people on this board attempting to point out others as having no life.
He shouldn't have asked to get banned then. Oh well, life goes on (for some it seems).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Fairweather Pure wrote:He shouldn't have asked to get banned then. Oh well, life goes on (for some it seems).
omg HE WAS THREATENED into asking to be be banned WHY DONT YOU PEOPLE SEE THAT?/

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Well, he never really contributed anything, ban or unban, who cares? At least the regular trollers and race-baiters post tidbits of usefulness now and again.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
He shouldn't have asked to get banned then. Oh well, life goes on (for some it seems).
It's possible people here lack intuition to understand he was being cynical after being threatened with a ban but I doubt it.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Winnow wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:
It's possible people here lack intuition to understand he was being cynical after being threatened with a ban but I doubt it.
Why don't you address this?
Every place has some rules, some at least minor structure to maintain some sort of continuity and order. This place had two rules, which are really only lightly enforced, but he broke both constantly and remorselessly. When asked, in a civil manner, to throttle back for a bit, he through a temper tantrum worthy of a six year old girl who wants a pony. His ban was well earned and this forum is a better place without him.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

I got a suggestion.
Since the "we love Cart and want to have his children" club want him back so bad, why don't we unban him, on ONE condition:
He dont break the rules, like he did on 99% of his post.

If he break them, even once, he get banned again, AND the Cart fan club dont bring this up, ever again.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Or.. the ban isn't removed and the CartCocks can fuck off.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aardor wrote: Why don't you address this?

He's not the only one that's broken the rules here.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aardor wrote: Why don't you address this?

He's not the only one that's broken the rules here.
I think the key phrase in that paragraph being "constantly and remorselessly".

And seriously... Why the hell are we even having this discussion again.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

When asked, in a civil manner, to throttle back for a bit,
He wasn't asked, he was threatened with a ban.
Whether he received other PMs with warnings and how they were phrased is unknown.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:He's not the only one that's broken the rules here.
He was the only one who continually broke the rule(s).
The only forum where he maintained any modicum of decorum was the Sports forum.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Winnow wrote:
When asked, in a civil manner, to throttle back for a bit,
He wasn't asked, he was threatened with a ban.
Whether he received other PMs with warnings and how they were phrased is unknown.
I didn't realize a moderator / admin had to ask someone to follow the rules. He's lucky he didn't get banned straight off, but was told to stop or he would be banned (which I guess you can view as a threat, but I feel like it's more a consequence of cart's actions). Yes, it is unknown about the wording of the other PMs warning cart to stop, but it is obviously clear he did receive some because it says "This is your last warning," meaning there were ones before that.

Explain to me how this action was wrong. He didn't ever follow the rules, and him breaking the rules got bad enough that the moderators didn't want to deal with other peoples complaints due to cart. Cart was told to stop (again, he had received previous warnings, see above), or he would be banned. He told Sylvus that he was not going to stop, and that he should ban him.

It's sweet he talks to you about the NBA in emails, and he did occasionally post useful content in sports, but that doesn't make up for the fact that he broke the rules, got called out on it, was given and ultimatum, and chose to be banned over being civil.

Edit: Winnow, I demand you explain how they should have gotten Cart to stop with his trolls and personal attack other than threating to ban him? Wasn't he suspended for a few days before? and if not, do you think that would have stopped him, considering he chose to be banned over following the rules?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aardor wrote: I didn't realize a moderator / admin had to ask someone to follow the rules.
Of course you do. We weren't anywhere near the double seekrit probation stage yet when he got the boot.
Aardor wrote: Yes, it is unknown about the wording of the other PMs warning cart to stop, but it is obviously clear he did receive some because it says "This is your last warning," meaning there were ones before that.
"Last warning" doesn't mean he received previous warnings. It would be a play on words. Last can also mean first warning, only warning, etc. What it definitely means is it's the final warning, whether it's also the first warning or not.

Aardor wrote: He told Sylvus that he was not going to stop, and that he should ban him.
Where did Cart say in his response he wasn't going to stop?
Aardor wrote: Edit: Winnow, I demand you explain how they should have gotten Cart to stop with his trolls and personal attack other than threating to ban him? Wasn't he suspended for a few days before? and if not, do you think that would have stopped him, considering he chose to be banned over following the rules?
Easy, be nicer about it. Use a less hostile, friendly approach in the PM and don't threaten to ban right away.

"Hey Cart, I've got a real problem here with the emo/touchy-feely/thin skinned people on this board complaining about getting their feelings hurt by your recent comments. Can you tone it down for a awhile and let the board settle down? I'd appreciate it. Thanks man, Sylvos."
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Winnow wrote:
Aardor wrote: I didn't realize a moderator / admin had to ask someone to follow the rules.
Of course you do. We weren't anywhere near the double seekrit probation stage yet when he got the boot.
Your statement is nonsensical. How does that relate to moderators having to ask someone to follow the rules.
Aardor wrote: Yes, it is unknown about the wording of the other PMs warning cart to stop, but it is obviously clear he did receive some because it says "This is your last warning," meaning there were ones before that.
"Last warning" doesn't mean he received previous warnings. It would be a play on words. Last can also mean first warning, only warning, etc. What it definitely means is it's the final warning, whether it's also the first warning or not.
Maybe true, but I seem to recall Sylvus mentioning previous warnings, but hey, Lets ask him

Sylvus, or any moderator on this board: Before Cart was banned for not following the rules, did any of you ever send him a PM about him not following the rules? or in other language, did you ever tell him to stop trolling or to stop making personal attacks?
Aardor wrote: He told Sylvus that he was not going to stop, and that he should ban him.
Where did Cart say in his response he wasn't going to stop?
I viewed him posting the private message as him saying he wasn't going to stop. That is pretty much a troll move.

edit: here we go, you're just wrong.

from the threads linked above, from sylvus:
He replied "Fuck Off!" (I was actually quite proud of him for a whole private message without any spelling or grammatical errors, if you ignore the capitalization) and then posted this message. I was more than willing to let him stay here and try to abide by the few rules that we have, but he wasn't interested in that.
cartalas wrote:Like I give a fuck
Aardor wrote: Edit: Winnow, I demand you explain how they should have gotten Cart to stop with his trolls and personal attack other than threating to ban him? Wasn't he suspended for a few days before? and if not, do you think that would have stopped him, considering he chose to be banned over following the rules?
Easy, be nicer about it. Use a less hostile, friendly approach in the PM and don't threaten to ban right away.

"Hey Cart, I've got a real problem here with the emo/touchy-feely/thin skinned people on this board complaining about getting their feelings hurt by your recent comments. Can you tone it down for a awhile and let the board settle down? I'd appreciate it. Thanks man, Sylvos."
OK.

1. This is VV, when the fuck did anyone ever have to be nice about anything you worthless assclown?
2. emo/touchy-feely/thin skinned people? You are a fucking retard. It is clear that anything goes here besides trolling (this was annoying more than anything else) and personal attacks. I don't see anyone as emo for complaining about either thing.
3. tone it down? he had to outright stop because he wasn't following the rules
4. If it is true that he had received previous warnings, why would they be friendly with someone who clearly doesn't give a shit what they have to say?

Also, you didn't answer how this would actually stop him. If he was suspended before like I believe he was, why would being nice about it make him stop?
Last edited by Aardor on March 24, 2008, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Winnow wrote:Easy, be nicer about it. Use a less hostile, friendly approach in the PM and don't threaten to ban right away.
He received multiple warnings, as Sylvus has explained previously. After how many warnings does Sylvus or Zoocow or any other mod have to issue before they have the "right" to drop the hammer?

Cart contributed absolutely NOTHING worthwhile to any forum on these boards except the NBA posts in Sports and was a detrimental influence on other forums. I still have not seen any half decent reason to un-ban and invite his permanently 8 yr old intellect back. As much as others may troll and infuriate other posters, they at least generate discussion on occasion: Cart didn't, he killed it.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

I thought this should be added to the thread:
Sylvus wrote:I only took the time to go through the first page (50 posts) of cartalas' most recent posts, and here is what we're missing out on. (I ignored those posts in the Phoenix Suns thread in the Sports forum which are the only place that he has actually provided an opinion).

cartalas wrote:Like I give a fuck, Veeshanvault has been dying a slow death anyways. Your little shitclan have run off all the worth while posters anyways. See ya folks have fun with your " OMG BUSH IS THE DEBIL THREADS"
cartalas wrote:Dregor?

cartalas wrote:Well it was made of Chocolate.

cartalas wrote:Well Lets give you a Bucky Beaver Badge.
cartalas wrote:Wow! the Keyboard Pussies are out in force, Whats wrong tired of trying to save the world by sitting on your hands supporting a congress, whos only agenda is to go after a president, They are so consumed with this they have waisted 4 monts doing nothing.
cartalas wrote:God I love this, Typical Liberal thinking.

cartalas wrote:Ahhhh I got the Wittle Tree Hugger to use Big Fonts, Me thinks the wittle Irish failure will indulge in some extra mushrooms tonight. Just remember before you deep throat the shotgun load it first please.

cartalas wrote:Look down at your dick again?

cartalas wrote:Did I hurt the Wittle Leprechaun's feelings, Did the pasty white failure lose his pot of gold.

cartalas wrote:they did until Dregor ate them.

cartalas wrote:The Pricks are posting, the pricks are posting.
cartalas wrote:If this keeps up Dregor you might lose 200 or 300 lbs, There might be longer waits at the Drive thru.

cartalas wrote:My Bad, Thank god for Lucky Charms.

cartalas wrote:WTF is Ireland, In this case WTF means What the Fuck or Where the Fuck or even Who the Fuck. they all fit.

cartalas wrote:If thats the case. Leave the USA please. Thank you for your visit.

cartalas wrote:Id say get the fuck out and let the maids, (Canadians), Clean it up.

cartalas wrote:shes pissed because you said " Black ops"

cartalas wrote:Frosted Lucky Charms!!!

cartalas wrote:Im Loving it, You dumb asses fall for it everytime.

cartalas wrote:Your right I never did have to work for anything in my life, Some of us are just charmed.

cartalas wrote:And you pulling yours right from your ass.

cartalas wrote:Think what you want my dear, But first off never did have a problem obtaining women and as far as a career I am fairly sure I pay more in taxes then you make.

cartalas wrote:Nope great childhood, Wealthy,loving parents got eveything I wanted in life.

Unlike you my love , It must of been hell laying there in bed in fear knowing daddy was coming home to pound your ass.

cartalas wrote:My God STFU

cartalas wrote:Your not worth my time, I like my women with a little less traffic between her legs. Competing with all of Texas isnt fun

cartalas wrote:Your more capable? The only thing your more cabable at is lying down and spreadig your legs, Now STFU and get back to what your good at. Maybe just maybe you can find some free time to work on your secondary skill of dropping to your knees.
cartalas wrote:Id rather fight them on in their country then ours.

cartalas wrote:OMG I missed that, Kylere YOU DA MAN!!!!

cartalas wrote:Winnow I can tell you in three words why Kyoukan hates Kylere!!!

He is White

cartalas wrote:Fuck off Cunt!

cartalas wrote:Woot , I think Ill start my car an extra 15 min in the morning to try to bump that to 2035 whos all with me.
cartalas wrote:Kyoukan is a cumpot lol

Fixed

cartalas wrote:Did he invent China?

cartalas wrote:NO U R

cartalas wrote:/wave

Hi Cunt

cartalas wrote:I agree
cartalas wrote:Do me a favor, Tell Mr. Gore to make sure to run that petition through China.
Most of those don't express an opinion, none of them even qualifies as a flame, and at least 90% of them are insults that could be described as juvenile at best. I still haven't seen anyone argue that he provided anything of value. I'm not the leader or a member of the gestapo, I'm all for free speech, and there isn't a single person here who even comes close to approaching the worthlessness that cartalas embodies. He constantly violated the rules, I called him on it, and he challenged me so he got the boot.

Rest assured that anyone else who adds nothing of value to these boards for 5 or more years, who constantly violates the few rules we have and then posts private message warnings in the public forums along with a challenge will be similarly banned. The precedent has been set.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Oh and this, which is a more a response to whether he got warnings, questioned by winnow above. Winnow, I was right that he got previous warnings.
Sylvus wrote:I would like to once again point out that I didn't ban him because his flames cut too deep, he was offending people that couldn't defend themselves, or because his political leanings were different than my own or anyone else's on this board. If he ever expressed a discernable opinion in any of his thousands of barely legible ad hominem attacks he vomited onto this board, my disagreement with those opinions did not even register on the "should I ban cart" scale. I banned him because he was an absolutely worthless fucking troll of the highest degree who never in his tenure here added a single valuable contribution.

That's one of our rules, it's right there on the rules page. "Don't be a troll" I realize that my opinion of him being a troll is subjective, and that some of you will try to now argue that he wasn't a troll. Or that you'll try to say that someone else that you dislike is also a troll. That could very well be true, though I was in the middle of doing some fairly exhaustive research that would show at least 20 different people from both sides of the political spectrum that have explicitly stated that he is completely worthless. He is on the ignore list of more people than anyone else on this board. There have been multiple page threads started by several different people over the years calling for him to be banned. A poll was posted that ended up with more people that wanted him banned than didn't want him banned, albeit a slight margin. I'm virtually certain that this thread about him being banned has provided more entertainment than everything else that he's posted in the last year.

All of that is all well and good, but I knew that it would still cause a stink. I feel I was more than patient with him, even though he was poking the proverbial bear for years. The one thing that is unquestionable is that he continuously violated the RL appearance rule. To the tune of at least 50 posts that are immediately obvious, and I'm sure I could find more than 100 given the time and energy. Sure, it may be an Al Capone getting jailed for tax evasion metaphor, but you should probably be more careful when you're on thin ice.

As far as warnings go, the easiest one I could find that I posted to him publicly (well, to Atokal really, but he clearly viewed it) was posted 2.5 years ago.
Sylvus, on September 30, 2004 wrote:One of the few rules that has ever existed in this community is that making fun of peoples' RL appearance is not allowed. You, and cartalas to a greater extent, have been pissing all over that one for some time, and that should probably stop. If you can't can't come up with better material, or fabricate something that will bother someone (read: pedophile - I'm pretty sure no one actually thinks you're a pedophile, they only say it because it bugs you), you probably shouldn't bother replying.
To which he replied:
cartalas wrote:I got one think to say

Fuck you and the fat fuck.
I am the one who banned him. If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at me. Call me a nazi, call me an asshole, pack up your bags and leave in a cloud of dust that will make my head spin. Leave this board that has been going downhill for years, never look back and smile smugly to yourself that you bested the evil, power-mad internet overlord.

You have every right to do so, but I think it's a bit of an overreaction. I'm a pretty reasonable person. I've gotten in flamewars with a number of people on this board and held my own without ever considering banning them. Sure, I have handed out a couple temporary bans and a few warnings over the years, but I feel that each of them was warranted and a clear violation of our rules. For the most part, I've probably overlooked 100x more violations, from both the imaginary fnord that I am supposedly a part of as well as from the Legion of Doom (or whatever our enemies are called), than I have enforced the rules. I find it a little bit silly that "the reason we started this board!" is invoked when I have moderated these boards less in 5 years than the IGN HAPPYSHITBITCHASSES did in 5 hours.

Cartalas was a complete troll who posted (you say) little or (I say) nothing of value. That in and of itself is not a capital offense. Cartalas repeatedly violated the RL picture rule. That in and of itself is not usually a capital offense. Cartalas, when approached and asked or told to tone it down, more than once told me to fuck off, fuck you or go fuck yourself. That in and of itself isn't a capital offense, though it's definitely a good way to try my patience. It was the combination of the three, in addition to him asking to be banned/calling me a pussy and challenging me to do it (to-may-to/to-mah-to), that got him banned.
edit: here's another case of sylvus confirming he got previous warning
He who was constantly complained about, and I let it slide for a number of years and even after a number of warnings.
For an issue that you seem to feel really strongly about, it seems you are rather uninformed of the sequence of events that lead to said issue.

Also, where is Kylere these days?, i want him to call more people Anglos.
Last edited by Aardor on March 24, 2008, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That list looks about the same quality one-liners as kyoukan's end of life posts.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Winnow wrote:That list looks about the same quality one-liners as kyoukan's end of life posts.
Address what I fucking said to your responses above. Also, the Kyoukan thing was covered in previous threads, and Sylvus stated ground rules for banning similar to cart, and no one (including kyoukan), seems to have broken those.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Also, I think that if Cart wanted to come back, and agreed to tone down his trolling and stop personal attacks, he should be unbanned. However, it's not my board, and Sylvus has made it extremely clear why he gave cart a permanent ban, so it's not my decision to make. I just think Winnow is going on another crusade, and making a fool of himself in the process. F'n Anglos