Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Mozzarella meat pie

Post by Funkmasterr »

I can't share my spaghetti recipe (too top sekrit), but I wanted to share something, so I figured I would throw this out there. It's nothing super special, but it was one of my favorites growing up, and I still like it.

You will need:

1 - standard size pie dish (I have found that glass works best)

1- Large container of pilsburry (or whatever brand) crescent rolls ((you may need two, depending on how you make it, will describe below))

1 - pound of beef

1 - small can tomato paste (you will only use 1 tbsp)

1 - large jar of spaghetti/tomato sauce (appx 16 0z I believe)

1 - Large bag of mozzarella cheese (depends on how much you want to use) I usually just buy the large (1 pound?) bag of shredded mozzarellafrom the supermarket.

***OPTIONAL*** Regular white rice. I don't generally use this, but my mom would sometimes, you need very little - I would say maybe 1/4 cup dry.

-------------------------------------------

-To get things started, unroll your crescent rolls and piece them together in the pie dish. You are aiming to have the inside of the dish covered in a layer of crescent roll.

-Then empty the jar of spaghetti/tomato sauce and the 1 tbsp of tomato paste into a pot. I would put the burner about half way between low and medium. You just want to heat this up enough to mix the paste thoroughly into the sauce so it's all one consistency. (Also, feel free to put a dash of garlic powder in the sauce)

-While that heats up, start to brown your lb of beef. You don't have to, but I generally throw a little garlic powder (maybe a lot, I love garlic) on the beef while it browns. After the beef is browned, drain it and then throughly rinse it under hot water, then make sure to drain it well again. (This prevents the crescent rolls from getting soggy while baking)

*****If you decide to use rice, you would just cook the rice and have that ready at this point as well******

--Once all of that is ready to go, mix the beef, sauce, *rice (and shredded mozzarella cheese, to your liking) in a mixing bowl. Once it is all mixed together, dump into into the pie dish over the crescent crust (do not heap over the top of the dish).

-- You can also put a second layer of crescent roll over the top of everything if you like, but you do not have to.

Bake this in the oven at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes (because of ovens varying so much, I would check after 30 minutes to see how it looks). If you did not put a top layer of crescent rolls on, when it has about 5 minutes left to cook you can HOOKERWHORESLUT another layer of mozzarella on top of the meat.

Let it cool for a few minutes and cut it into slices.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Mozzarella meat pie

Post by Ashur »

I used to make stuff like this in college, not from a recipe, but because that's all that was in the pantry.

My wife wonders where I learned to cook... she lived in a dorm.
- Ash