Requesting recommendations/Information..

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Requesting recommendations/Information..

Post by Animalor »

I've hit a bit of a lull with WoW and I'm interested in giving EQ2 a spin since the price of the client is reasonably cheap atm.

I have questions though..

Would you guys recommend getting DoF to start or just getting original EQ2 client.

Would I be missing out on some new/good UI/game or functionality without the expansion?

Any other info you could pass along would be great.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Not sure on the UI aspects of DoF, but the zones are all 45+ from what I saw.
Sabek
Just Sabek
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

DoF is mostly level 40+ content... there's already several truckloads of content to keep you busy.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I have DoF and really all it "says" that it gives you is access to the guid bank. However I had access before I got DoF installed so I'm not sure if that is correct. You do get some neat status reduction items to put into your apartment, house or whatever but other than that it's 40+

A little over a month ago a friend gave me an extra account he had to try it... at first I thought it sucked big time. Then I decided to play each of the classes through the Isle of Refuge. After a little more playtime I started to really enjoy it so I purchased my own account. After again playing most of the classes, this time to 10, I decided on a fighter with my mage as backup. Right now I'm a level 23 Guardian and having a blast. They just re-did how all the fighting works and it made a little difference in my solo ability but more important made determining what to fight a little easier.

Four or 5 of us old Veeshan people started on Lucan D'Lere back in August, not one of the highest population servers but enough to find a group. I've really enjoyed seeing how the world has changed, spent so much damn time in Norrath before that kept me interested through 20 and now I'm very interested in leveling to see the stuff in DoF.

It's fun, if you start playing and come to Lucan give me a shout (Marbus) and I'll try to help ya get going.

Thanks!
Marb
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Without the expansion, u dont hear troll /flirt.

OMG thats the funniest shit.

Other than that, just get original boxed version til u get 40+.
Sick Balls!
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Yeah, but with the retail version of DoF...you get an Unusual Bottle...which you can place in your player residence...and rub...to get transported inside the bottle (ala I Dream of Jeannie) to your own menagerie.

AND..you get your own pet monkey (that you can name) for your house.

Those bastards at SoE need to let you have the pet monkey outside of the house.

Other than that, not much in DoF for lower level players.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

Yea I admit it... I prepurchased just so that I could get the pet Monkey!

Marb
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

When he's bad, do you spank him?
Sick Balls!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Duble poste.

Errrm, ghey eq2 question...
I logged on last night to mess around, and was gonna /claim.... BUT i have 2 chars on the account that I play and was wonderin if anyone knows what the objects are/do. Should i claim em all with the Main? or is there somethin better suited to a lowbie? Run down the list if u have /claimed plz.
Sick Balls!
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

By pre purchasing I got a Monkey, a genie bottle and an orb. Monkey is just a pet, bottle lets you go into your own little world and find out about DoF and I can't figure out what the orb does. Says to look closer then nothing happens and it says I need to concentrait which to me means I'm not high enough yet.

Marb