What the fuck?

What do you think about the world?
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

What the fuck?

Post by Nick »

Ok, not sure if any of this has been seen by you guys but I'll keep you up to date.

Around Saturday evening the Loyal Orange Lodge was meant to be parading down some street or other in West Belfast.
They were told they would not be allowed to.

Essentially, the Loyal Orange Lodge (LOL lollz) are a bunch of Protestant pro Britain bigoted retards. They wanted to "parade" through an extremely catholic area, with no other purpose but to antagonize them and mock them for losing a war that happened over 300 years ago. (Where the protestants had 32,000 and the catholics had 2,000 members respectively)

For some reason, the Protestants always end up thinking this was some amazing feat of war planning, and will force the catholics of future generations to feel humiliated (at least this is their very public goal) by this "embarassing" loss.

The loss was big in the sense that the UK then essentially ran Northern Ireland (until the present day), but frankly, if you have 32,000 on 2,000, that's gonna happen.

Anyway, I digress.

So these LOL men (yes they refer to themselves as the LOL) who were turned around from parading in this catholic area quickly started brandishing "ceremonial" swords, and throwing rocks at the Police.

The rioting continued and got further and further out of hand, until the UVF and UDA (the 2 main paramilitary organisations currently working in Northern Ireland, both protestant gang drug running whore pimping bunches of fuckheads) decided to start creating extremely violent riots in various parts of Belfast.

So there I was, leaving the nightclub on Saturday night and I drunkenly turn around and see a massive riot blurring in the distance.
Comically, in hindsight, I just ate my chips and kept kissing the girl I was with, and the riot eventually seemed to disappear (it was about 500m away).

This is not exactly a common thing in Belfast these days, I was just really drunk.

Anyway, there were blast bombs going off, shots being fired at police, upwards of a thousand rioters going apeshit in about 5 different towns, buses were hijacked, cars too, and burnt out to form roadblocks.

So this continued last night and today we are sitting at home at 4:30pm because as of 4pm the UVF have called a "curfew", IE, get the fuck into your houses or else we burn your transport and beat the shit out of you.

Any non compliance at this point means you can't expect to get away with anything less than a severe beating if you happen to come across any of these roadblocks, or at the VERY least a burnt out car for your troubles.

The police are on the streets, Army as well, I just went to the shop to buy some smokes and there was a queue the whole way around the shop and it's various aisles, it being apparantly the last shop left open where I live (which also, conveniantly is the closest /cheer).

All of this absolute bullshit because some small minded fuckheads didn't get to antagonize some catholic families who were minding their own business.

Next time you hear any bullshit about how the IRA are the main perpatrators of violence just remember this day, the day the drug running fucks that are the UVF and UDA decided to shut down half a million peoples day (and it is a lovely sunny day too) and remember that these are the same fucks that sit in their suits and decry the IRA for being violent thugs.

I am sick of this shithole. I am no religion, why can't they just fuck off and die?

Official BBC list of info =
1,000 police deployed
1,000 soldiers deployed
50 police injured
Petrol bombs thrown
Blast bombs thrown
Pipe bombs thrown
Shots fired at police
Seven firearms recovered
Up to 500 plastic bullets fired
Bomb factory found
Water cannon deployed
Cars and buses hijacked
One man shot by Army
Man critical after bomb blast

And now for some postcards!

This is my bank in Cloughfern, about 4 miles from my house.

This is about half a mile from my old house:

I can't find any better pics, although I could probably walk about half a mile away at the moment and bring a camera if I felt it was worth the effort.

I think I'll just watch South Park instead.
Drasta
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drasta »

they just need to round up all those people and kill them .. simple clean and effective ...
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Nick,

I feel for ya man, that must suck.

However the problem is that the LOL's were not allowed to parade. Do you require a permit?

If so and one was issued it is much like the USA where the KLAN marches and as disgusting an organization as that is they are still permitted freedom of speech to gather and demonstrate.

That is the problem with having rights, they are for everyone.
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Really sorry to hear that Teeny, when I was in London a curfew was enforced as well, and it is really quite scary. Don't mess with the police; it's best just to stay indoors and watch a few movies until this blows over. I agree with you 100% about the religion, Jonathan Swift wrote that "There is only enough religion to hate, and not enough to love." It's a sad testament of Islam vs. Christianity, Protestant vs. Catholicism.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

See this is why I left home dude. You and I both know theyll never have the smallest sense to stop, so why bother.
However the problem is that the LOL's were not allowed to parade. Do you require a permit?
No, you dont require a permit. You merely march, however if the people in the district do not wish you to march, down their street, they protest...by stopping you. Violence ensues!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

so in a nutshell you are saying that people get violent and riot when the authorities try to take away their rights and freedoms? does this happen in other countries too?!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Hey Teeny... that shit doesn't happen in America, buddy. :lol:

good luck and don't get shot.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Cotto
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Cotto »

kyoukan wrote:so in a nutshell you are saying that people get violent and riot when the authorities try to take away their rights and freedoms? does this happen in other countries too?!
no, wrong end of the stick. The people are getting violent, because OTHER people are taking away their rights. Think of it as...people who represent the Confederacy wish to march down your road, your street purly consists of...er...non confederacy people (way to go on the american history me!) and therefore, stop them marching themselves. Meanwhile, the police come along and try to break up the riot that therefore ensued.

The authorities only get involved when everyone decides to break up the peace.

P.S Nick, they burn down my fuckin chippy in Monkstown (near Xtravision) it must be avenged, this task i leave to you!
It could be that the only purpose for your every existence, is to serve as a warning to others.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

so in a nutshell you are saying that people get violent and riot when the authorities try to take away their rights and freedoms? does this happen in other countries too?!
Are you serious?

I'll put it this way for you. The following is an analogy of the situation.

HI IM IN THE KKK AND I DEMAND TO GO DOWN INTO THE WORST BLACK SLUM IN THE COUNTRY AND SCREAM AND MARCH AND BANG DRUMS ABOUT HOW THE NIGGERS ARE RETARDS AND I DEMAND POLICE TO PROTECT ME WHILE I THREATEN VIOLENCE TOWARDS THEM AS WELL.

That's what they are asking, last time I checked, that wasn't a right anyone had.

They then turned on the police and burnt out half of Belfast.

Since you obviously have zero fucking clue what's going on I'll leave it at that.

It's like talking to a fukin child sometimes.

Edit: Cotto, it's ok, that chippy is still there :)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

I've seen a number of instances of the KKK marching in primarily black areas just to stir up trouble. And other groups demonstrating for no other reason than to get a reaction too.

They issue the permit, deploy security and allow them their march. The best strategy for the residents has been to ignore them entirely. They don't get the attention they're looking for, and eventually go away.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Ok, let's defend the violent thugs who were shooting at passing cars and innocent bystanders because the evil police trampled all over their god given right to antagonize some random single mothers and people of a different religion by wielding swords and drums and screaming "fuck the taigs, fuck the fenians, fuck the catholics" whilst bringing several paramilitary gangs with them to cause trouble, and no other reason.

It's also fine to fucking shut Belfast down for 4 days just so these cunts can "protest!" over this ABSOLUTE TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE! because they didn't get to do this.

Way to miss the fucking point.
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Manchester United win another match?
Sick Balls!
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

kyoukan wrote:so in a nutshell you are saying that people get violent and riot when the authorities try to take away their rights and freedoms? does this happen in other countries too?!
Its a trap....don't fall for it!
Moonwynd
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Moonwynd »

Actually Nick, that does suck...and I agree almost 100% with you. Your KKK analogy was spot on.

The only thing I disagree with is the number of troops you refer to in the battle that occurred 315 years ago. It was the Battle Of The Boyne - The two opposing sides were:

The Williamite Army (Protestant) led by William III (William of Orange) with a troop strength of 36,000.

And

The Jacobite Army (Roman Catholic) led by James II with a troop strength of 25,000.

Incidentally, William III was James II's son in-law. And James II had the support of French King Louis XIV who sent 6000 troops to support James II.

For more information and an interesting look at this history as well as how it plays out today...look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Boyne
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Nick wrote:Way to miss the fucking point.
Did your government shut down Belfast, or allow a criminal group to do so?

Permitting and controlling legal, peaceable protests and allowing thugs to run rampant are two different things.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Wow, that takes me back to history in 1st year, I have teh forgot the numbers!

Oh well, it's all a load of bullshit anyway, which is why I tend to remain detached from it.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Is that meant to be a dig Aabadino? I hope not! I agree with you 100%.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Not at all, the stuff that goes on there amazes me.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Nick wrote:It's like talking to a fukin child sometimes.
Comments like this mystify me. Do you think you are some kind of intellectual, or anything beyond one of the gayest trolls on this forum since Midnyte? Do you really think you should be berating my capacity to think and converse on this forum when I believe the last fifty or sixty posts from you have been variations of "THIS THREAD SUX LOL"?

I don't see anywhere in your original thread where you said the Orange Lodge were asking for police protection. Quite the opposite actually as it appears from what you posted that the police were opposing them from the start. Do you often leave critical information out of your topics of discussion and then come back and respond with said information and berate people for not magically knowing it? You realize that a bunch of drunken thugs in Ireland rioting over basically the exact same religion as the other side is about as newsworthy as a cat having kittens don't you?

The protestants have a pretty long history of marching through catholic areas in Ireland so they can act like retards. Do you oppose this statement? The consequences of their actions are pretty apparent, but nevertheless until a law is passed forbidding protestants from marching through catholic areas, if the police try to stop them there is probably going to be violence and civil disobedience.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Bear in mind while you're safely perched in Canada this has been happening on the very street I live on.

Not that I expect you to have any compassion for anyone .....at all....ever.
Do you think you are some kind of intellectual, or anything beyond one of the gayest trolls on this forum since Midnyte? Do you really think you should be berating my capacity to think and converse on this forum when I believe the last fifty or sixty posts from you have been variations of "THIS THREAD SUX LOL"?
Actually, yes I do.

Posting a "this thread is gay" picture for the first time ever in what was a stupid shameful thread regarding New Orleans doesn't exactly equate to your hysterical claim of fifty or sixty posts now does it permablob?
I don't see anywhere in your original thread where you said the Orange Lodge were asking for police protection. Quite the opposite actually as it appears from what you posted that the police were opposing them from the start. Do you often leave critical information out of your topics of discussion and then come back and respond with said information and berate people for not magically knowing it?
I wrongfully assumed after 6 odd years of reading your posts you may be aware of something outside your fashionable fishbowl existance and it would be apparant that police protection would be mandatory in riotious or flashpoint situations.

I concede, I gave you far too much credit.
The protestants have a pretty long history of marching through catholic areas in Ireland so they can act like retards. Do you oppose this statement?
What the fuck is the point in this? Seriously, it's completely stupid.
The consequences of their actions are pretty apparent, but nevertheless until a law is passed forbidding protestants from marching through catholic areas, if the police try to stop them there is probably going to be violence and civil disobedience.
Essentially, just to keep you up to date it is a body called the Parades Commission that decides whether the LOL can march through any given area. This is an accepted practice by all sides, most of the time.

The Parades Commision decided this was a no go area based on..well..the last 35 years of violence in this particular flashpoint as sufficent evidence to deny the marchers their self styled "god given right".

As such, the marchers turned violent, as they tend to when they don't get to cause as much trouble as they want, this time they just gave up trying to legitimise it.

Now, if you fancy learning, discussing or arguing over anything relevant to this post, feel free to contribute something more than that tired over-used adolescent rhetoric you so love to curse us with.

Toodles! 8)
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Nick wrote:Bear in mind while you're safely perched in Canada this has been happening on the very street I live on.
ahahahah. oh noez, it's 50 Pence coming at you from the mean streets of Dublin. sorry I didn't mean to disrespect your hood lifestyle from my fishbowl.

jesus christ, do you have even the slightest inkling of how pathetic you sound in this thread?
ow, if you fancy learning, discussing or arguing over anything relevant to this post, feel free to contribute something more than that tired over-used adolescent rhetoric you so love to curse us with.
oh, I see that you don't have the slightest. nevermind!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Yes, clearly, I'm the one looking pathetic, you ignorant fucking moron.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

right.. I know you are but what am I. I'm positively reeling from that one.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

kyoukan wrote:right.. I know you are but what am I. I'm positively reeling from that one.

I see your off your meds again!!!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Nuh Uhhh!
Sick Balls!
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Wow Kyoukan that shit was Bananas! Any more zingers there you haven't already used a million times in between that thick head of yours?

Yup, didn't think so....

You're still a peurile childish prick. Reel or don't, I couldn't give a shit anyway, you're self proclaimed victory in every post has pretty much nullified everything you ever wrote anyway. At least it was funny at one point a few years back...you'll always have the memories!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

:popcorn:
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

:vv_flame: :vv_FIREdevil:
Sick Balls!
vn_Tanc
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by vn_Tanc »

The problem with letting these marches inflame tensions is that we step back to the recently-ended 30 years of armed terrorism that a lot of people are not very keen on.
These people can still march, just not through the catholic neighbourhoods. They chose not to exercise their rights responsibly for a long time so they had them taken away. It's a tiny price for them to pay and it's helped end a conflict that cost over 3000 lives.
It's not a normal situation and normal rules cannot be applied. Sure youve seen marches "designed to get a reaction". Several cities burning and a multiple-decade armed uprising probably weren't on the cards though.
Remember the people who are rioting here are used to getting their own way, they are pro-government, and they are used to a biased police force shielding them. Times have changed and they're having a hard time getting over it.
A man with a fork
In a world of soup
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Nick wrote:Wow Kyoukan that shit was Bananas! Any more zingers there you haven't already used a million times in between that thick head of yours?
if you retards keep making gay flames that are basically "I know you are but what am I" then I cam going to keep using it.

Again, I am wondering if it's hit you yet how much of a retard you sound like. you're as dumb as kylere. Your best flame on this thread so far has been another version of "yeah well so are you!" and then you try to attack me for weak flaming? what the hell is going on here? you were never particularly clever, but I never took you for being as dumb as a fucking rock.
Trias
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Hamlas3r
PSN ID: Hamlaser

Post by Trias »

LOL AT LOL :vv_jihad:
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Oh jesus let's talk to a brick wall why don't we.

Listen you hateful little bitch, just because I called out your stupid sarcastic comment as the bullshit it actually was doesn't mean your any more intelligent for it. Not that hard to comprehend really is it now? Now get the fuck off that stupid pseudo self assumed high horse you let fuck you every day of your goddamn life.

How about making a post that doesn't just squeal out that your sitting by your computer physically hi 5iving yourself in glee over your superior brain (lol?) and mad flame skillz dood.

The only women I know with tempers or attitudes like yours need either a good fucking or a labotomy. How about breaking your cherry on either one, totally up to you, you can make a game of it if you life, go nuts, I don't care.

Oh no!!!! The egotistical cretin with constant PMS doesn't think I'm smart, the world has just fucking ended.

:vv_byewhore:
Last edited by Nick on September 15, 2005, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

LOL at the original topic [About LOL] and of course much <3 to Kyo for spurring Nick, lets see how long thread this will be now! :)
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

You know... I love Ireland, and wish the brits had not screwed it to the point that they have.

The two worst things in western civilization other than christianity are the Brits and French.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kylere wrote:You know... I love Ireland, and wish the brits had not screwed it to the point that they have.

The two worst things in western civilization other than christianity are the Brits and French.
The yanks have overtaken the Brits in all that made them the evil empire that was.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

first mall in a thread about LOL

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Second mall in a thread about LOL.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

kyoukan wrote:oh noez, it's 50 Pence coming at you from the mean streets of Dublin.
You had me at pence...
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Second mall in a thread about LOL.
thats now how it works asshole!

grrr anger!
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

First bar in a thread about LOL
Sick Balls!
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

First bowling alley in a thread about LOL
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

first pool hall in a thread about LOL
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Zaelath wrote:
Kylere wrote:You know... I love Ireland, and wish the brits had not screwed it to the point that they have.

The yanks have overtaken the Brits in all that made them the evil empire that was.

Nah we just recently (in historical terms) had our bicentennial and if you count England as being only in complete existance, well lets call it the magna carte, so at that 200 year point England was looking at 1415, so the US needs another 400 years or so to go.
She Dreams in Digital
\"Led Zeppelin taught an entire generation of young men how to make love, if they just listen\"- Michael Reed(2005)
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Kylere wrote:
Zaelath wrote:

Nah we just recently (in historical terms) had our bicentennial and if you count England as being only in complete existance, well lets call it the magna carte, so at that 200 year point England was looking at 1415, so the US needs another 400 years or so to go.
So you're fucking prodigies?
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Kylere
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kylere »

Nah we have been slowed down carrying our english speaking brethen for the last 100 years, give us time, the US willl cause a bloodbath like the world cannot even imagine.

Face it, as the T-shirt says;

She Dreams in Digital
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

First picture of some LOL in a thread about LOL!

"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."