re-poste from SoE forums, server merge

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Oranor
No Stars!

re-poste from SoE forums, server merge

Post by Oranor »

Just a personal post, no good info or anything. Submitted this to SoE forums
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... ng&page=29
and it was deleted in ~15 seconds. Sorry for abusing your boards for my rant, but I'm hoping most of you guys are sympathetic. If you could not censor it instantly like SoE did, that'd be nice. It's an important issue to me if you can't tell from the quote.
I have never liked these kinds of posts, taken them seriously, nor thought I'd ever make one. But... I cancelled my account today. Over the past 6 years I've played this game, I've invested too much into Veeshan, and losing it will feel like I've lost a large part of my character. I won't continue playing without it. I was intending to stay until the end of EQ. Yesterday there wasn't anything that could have pried me away from this game, I had a 6 month subscription going, I received a copy of WoW for x-mas and hadn't even opened it yet... but your greed and clueless incompetence has managed the impossible. I was about to setup a new account and transfer over some of my high level guys, would have cost a bunch, so you guys will be missing out on that now too. I'll be calling my dad tonight and getting him to cancel his subscription (he didn't play much anyways). I've talked with some other friends about this, and they said they'll most likely be cancelling their accounts if this merge goes through. Annddd.... I'll never ever buy -any- product with Sony anywhere in the name again, ever. You guys are sick. If you guys change your mind on the merge it wouldn't change my opinion any, but I'd probably re-activate my account, and maybe continue plans with the new one. I won't settle for anything less than our server name left intact, alone, the way it has been for the past 6 years.

Darkreaper Oranor Lilaros
Cestus Dei, Veeshan
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=581063
Thanks.
-Oranor
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Wow...never buy another sony product again because of a server merge?
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Lohrno wrote:Wow...never buy another sony product again because of a server merge?
IMO that's a pretty legitimate statement. There's more to Veeshan than just a name.

Sorry to hear you're gone Oranor - you were always one of the good guys.
Last edited by Mr Bacon on March 30, 2005, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Yeah but boycotting sony TVs, VCRs, etc..??

If the situation were reversed, how would the luclin folks feel?
Oranor
No Stars!

Post by Oranor »

It's not the server merge itself that incurred this. Merging servers is very reasonable and sound. It's how they went about it, how little thought they put into it, and how they continue to act around it. The distaste for anything Sony I already had, which I got from years of observing them after they took over from Verant. One of their own people has said they care for nothing at all but the bottom line, which only varifies my opinion.
Lohrno
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lohrno »

Fair enough good sir! :)

Now it is VV tradition to call you a jackass at this point, but as I understand it the tradition has lost it's meaning and soul, so I will not do so.
Oranor
No Stars!

Post by Oranor »

Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

I could understand jackass being thrown on anyone else - but to Oranor, it would just be rude :)
miir and I are best friends. <3
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

I had a feeling seeing the lack of posts regarding the merge on the "official" (yeah, right) Veeshan boards that SoE was censoring posts they didn't like. Doesn't surprise me in the least.
sweetkastings
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sweetkastings »

AMEN brudda. i am proud of your protest, much love for what your doing
L33t mage of veeshan
Legacy of Virtues gimp
Complete idiot
(o'.')--o(-_-)TKO!!!
Sweet's Shizzle
Mag65.36/Ve Rh 1683hp 4832m ft5 r3 G++G<3 e++ p- D+ O+++ !T L- !H F++ G++ B++ t++++ Dm+ X++
Oranor
No Stars!

Post by Oranor »

Have you all written a /feedback yet btw? I'm sure if enough people complained we could get some names changed. Everyone pretty much agrees merging servers is fine business. It's only the losing Veeshan part that's dum and sucks. There's some line between no feedback, and everyone writing a feedback that would get SoE to do a quick name re-think. That line isn't known, we don't know how many other people are helping us towards that line, and we don't know what additional factors are effecting the line, but with a few keystrokes you can get us closer to that line. A simple 'please don't change Veeshan's name in the server merge' would help a lot. I'd guess quantity will be more valuable than quality.

After that if you are extremely bored, would like to do more, or just like causing problems, there are several other things you can do to spread dissatisfaction awareness. You can write a petition on top of your feedback. You can email complaints, protests, threats of severe verbal abuse, or logic to SoE or any Sony person anywhere (emailing Brenlo pictures of construction hardware would be a ++). You can cancel your account, -everyone's- doing it, or... You can post on the official eq boards, post on other eq boards that important eq people might frequent, or google for random sony forums and cause chaos and havoc wherever possible.

SoE forums
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq

Brenlo's Email
acrosby@soe.sony.com

Standard Feedback Email
eqfeedback@soe.sony.com

Text After Cancelling
Your subscription has been canceled. To reactivate this account at a later date, simply return to the Subscription Detail page and resubscribe. Thanks for playing, and we hope you enjoyed your time with us!

Directions to Account Details
Load EQ > Click Accounts > Explorer window pops up > Type in name/pw > Click View/Edit Subscription

Sorry for the bump :p
Sionistic
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sionistic »

If ever confronted with why the post was deleted, they would probably just say that saying soe is sick was a personal attack :)