Something beautiful:

What do you think about the sports world?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Something beautiful:

Post by Sueven »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=250260150

I'm pretty sure that in the past four years, Duke has:

Lost to Maryland while ranked number 2 and undefeated
Lost to Maryland in the ACC championship game
Lost to Maryland while ranked number 2
Lost to Maryland while ranked number 1

Man, I hate Duke.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

hehe.

i used to pull for Duke if they weren't playing Wake Forest. The more years pass though the more I hate Coach K. Probably the same way we all hated Dean Smith back in the day.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

How can you not hate Coach K? He looks like Satan. Literally. If there was ever a human being who honestly looked like the devil, it's him. The only other likeness I've heard has been a vulture.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Duke sucks.

/fark off
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

BC needs to lose now so my Illini can be the sole undefeated team!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Figures.....I love Coach K. and the Blue Devils. Got a little blue devil tattoo on my arm.

Duke shall prevail!!!!!
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Hey Midnyte, you better get on the phone and tell your team that they might want to start taking Maryland seriously. They've been so busy telling us that they're not our rival and belittling our SAT scores that they just haven't found the time to get to the basketball court and beat our team.

TURTLE POWER!

Duke is 77-6 at Cameron Indoor since '99-'00. Three of those six losses have come at the hands of the Maryland Terrapins. No other team has more than one win at Cameron during that span.

You would think that getting beaten year in and year out by the same undermanned team would provide them with a little motivation to come up with something, but it doesn't seem like it.

BONUS BLAST FROM THE PAST SHOT:

Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Sueven wrote: Image
That's the funniest damn pic :lol:

Fuck Duke and their bitchass fans. You want a class program, look at Pete Carril's.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'll be a Duke fan as long as Coach K is there...when he leaves, so will my "fanism" for Duke.

I never really understood the Duke hate...its not like the yankees, where the players get paid extreme amounts of money, do stupid shit, etc etc...

I used to like the terapins...but living here in DC sucks with all the stupid ass Maryland fans. Annoying is an understatement. That and the fact that NONE of them were fans until MD won a championship in 2002. I'm telling you, around DC, you never heard vicious trash talking from terapin fans until AFTER the 2002 championship. Fairweather.

If Gary Williams wasn't so cool, I would truly despise the terapins...but I hold Coach Williams in the same respective light as Coach K. Great coaches, great systems.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

No Duke fan has any right to complain about how obnoxious other teams fans are. Although ours are quite obnoxious.

PS: Traditionally, when a historically unsuccessful basketball program wins a national championship, they gain fans. That's kind of how it works in sports.

Additionally, as a Maryland student, I feel I have a legitimate argument for being a fan of my team.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

i have to say there are few duke fans more dedicated than me. coach k has class, i knew his daughter and have met him personally. he is an outstanding individaul. hell, he turned down the largest coaching contract in the nba to stay with duke. everyone hates b/c duke has an untouchable record that spans over more than a decade under the best coach in sports. those aren't my words either. i give props to maryland, they are my second favorite team in the only basketball conference worth anything. but the terps are not our rivals. that has always been and always will be carolina (fucking cocksuckers). we could lose every game of the seaon and beat carolina and i would be satisfied. i notice no one fucking talks about the dukies and their 15 straight wins until they finally get a loss.

edited for typo
Last edited by nobody on January 29, 2005, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

You guys are welcome to keep considering North Carolina your rivals. If having a rivalry with a team that you officially own keeps you happier than a rivalry with a team that's competitive with you, hey, so be it.

The way I look at, one of two situations is occuring:

1. We are rivals
2. You are our bitch

Take your pick!
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

lol k i will admit we are rivals and that maryland has owned us for the last 6 years. but as sports illustrated reported, duke v carolina is the greatest sports rivalry of all time. my disdain for them is not just b/c they suck, but are fucking baby blue, they live in fucking chapel hill, they have a fucking sheep for a mascot, and it was b/c of dean fucking smith that the shot clock was invented. sorry you kids are new to the block when it comes to getting respect but duke v carolina has been ongoing for 50 years. after duke i'm an acc fan and glad you guys can represent. are you willing to put money on feb 12th? :wink:
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Go Tarheels!

That said, Ohio State vs Michigan is a bigger rivalry!
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

it's close, i have lived in both durham and columbus. but i've never heard of anyone kidnapping a michigan mascot or breaking in and stealing jearsey's from the rafter's of their opponent's home court.

fucking hated michigan until tommy got the coaching job there. now i only hate their football team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basket ... 28/glance/
Sorry, fans, this one really isn't up for debate. The best rivalry in all of sports is Duke-North Carolina. Period.

خودتان را بگای
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

hehe I just know I found it amazing how the entire state of Ohio stands still during that game. I was in a Target here when they played the year Ohio State won the championship a couple of years ago and there must have been 100 people standing watching the last Michigan pass fall to the ground. Simply amazing.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

that was the day before i went to basic training. could not have been happier at that moment. i remember when they made it to the final four in 99 i think and they whole town was dead for two hours.

خودتان را بگای