Football Season (USA)

What do you think about the sports world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:Bucs are the team to beat.

Cincinnati looks like they'll be much improved and have a change of attitude. I haven't lost my mind, but I see them going 8-8.

The Cardinals (my team, eat me you frontrunning, bandwagoning ho's.) suck this year and will be lucky to go 7-9.

I suppose the biggest surprise will be a competitive Bengals team. I'm not a fan, but from playing Fantasy Football and getting NFL Ticket on DirecTV, I see a lot of games from all teams.
Hey, my superbowl picks may have been way off but I can pick the surprise teams! : )
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Ogbar wrote:Last year at this time, I picked the Titans and the Eagles - at least they both made the championship game.

Bucs look good (monday's loss to the Rams aside), so I will go with them. In the AFC, I think my Pats will be improved, and in the playoffs - but I cant pick them. Despite my hate for "the fish", I think they have all the pieces to go far.

Bucs over Dolphins
At least I was right about the Pats being improved and in the playoffs - sheesh. Of course, it's not like I am heartbroken or anything about "the fish" falling short again. :twisted:

BTW, someone tell the Titans to bring their thermal underwear: single digits with a negative wind chill forcast for tomorrow night in Foxborough. :)
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

And they did.. again and again and..
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

Wow with the exception of Winnows Bengal prediction and a few other random picks that was some pretty crappy picking. Sadly I would have agreed with most of them before the season started.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

Superbowl Pick
St Louis vs KC. Who wouldnt want to see that match up? That game would be higher scoring than an NBA game.

If Mike Martz had any fuckin clue on how to coach a football game, my Superbowl prediction would still be alive. Who sits on the ball with 40 seconds on the clock, 1 time out, ball sitting on the 20 yard line?? Who settles for a friggin field goal for a tie rather than go for the win? Martz is an absolutely moron! He should be fired for that pathetic coaching decision.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

It wouldn't have been alive past today's game anyway! Go Colts!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Colts looked mighty impressive today, I think they have it in them to go all the way.... New England will be a tough road game, though. It's supposed to be snowing too.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

The colts havn't punted once in either play off game. If they play the pats like they played the last two games along with alittle better D the will be in the Superbowl and I will be happy.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Colts' major weakness is the run defense. And running the ball isn't exactly New England's strong side... Manning is simply amazing, I agree with what some of the comentators said: It's like having an offensive coordinator on the field.
Denadeb
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Denadeb »

Just think his younger brother is just as good as he is.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Deward wrote:My overall picks in the superbowl: Philadelphia or St. Louis v. New England with NFC winning finally.
I actually picked pretty good here. Maybe I should bet next year. I still think Philly will be going to Super bowl but Indy is SOOOOO damn hot right now. Really depends on whether James can get any rushing against the NE defense. I don't think there will be any stopping Manning so NE needs to control the clock and keep him off the field. Bleed the clock like crazy with running and short passes all day.

If Indy makes it to Super Bowl then I like them on a nice warm field. Otherwise Philly can beat NE.
Deward