Titanfall

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Titanfall

Post by Aslanna »

Titanfall's Xbox 360 version, originally scheduled to launch on March 25, has been delayed to April 8, the game's maker announced.

According to a post on the game's official page, "we see a few things that can be made even better, so we're giving Bluepoint Games [the studio responsible for Titanfall's Xbox 360 version] a little more time to do that and deliver an epic Titanfall experience for Xbox 360 players.

"We appreciate everyone's patience as we get the last details right," the post added.

The launch date in Europe will now be April 11.
How strange!

<insert conspiracy theory here>
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Report: EA lands deal for Titanfall 2, sequel won't be Microsoft exclusive

Electronic Arts will be the publisher for the next Titanfall game from Respawn Entertainment, according to a GameSpot article and Polygon sources.

Our sources also tell us that the next Titanfall will not be a Microsoft exclusive. The original Titanfall was exclusive to Microsoft platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC.

An Electronic Arts representative declined to comment specifically on the rumor.

In October, Zampella tweeted that Respawn would eventually make games for the PlayStation 4 and implied that Titanfall's exclusivity was limited to the first game only.
I guess MS wasn't paying them enough. The PS4 juggernaut is just too powerful to ignore!

Having said that, assuming the rumor turns out to be true, I still wont be buying it in 2-3 years or whenever it comes out. Although hopefully by then they'll have ditched a last-gen version and focus exclusively on PS4/XBO/PC so that it doesn't look like poo.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've played this game for probably a good 25-30 hours already and I can confirm that it does not, in fact, look like poo. It's a title that looks and feels quite amazing in motion.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I've played it quite a bit too and you're kidding yourself if you don't think it looks dated, especially compared to any of the other aaa next Gen games. I also have noticed not very uncommon video lag when a lot is going on on the screen, something that I never notice even in 64 player games in battlefield outside of the issues the first week.

To me being developed for multiple platforms doesn't give them an excuse to sacrifice graphics for gameplay. This should have been skipped on the 360 entirely so that it could have really shone on the one.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Funkmasterr wrote:I've played it quite a bit too and you're kidding yourself if you don't think it looks dated, especially compared to any of the other aaa next Gen games. I also have noticed not very uncommon video lag when a lot is going on on the screen, something that I never notice even in 64 player games in battlefield outside of the issues the first week.

To me being developed for multiple platforms doesn't give them an excuse to sacrifice graphics for gameplay. This should have been skipped on the 360 entirely so that it could have really shone on the one.
Yes it looks like the high end AAA game from last gen. It also has better textures and more stuff going on on the screen than a lot of games I've seen.

It's also been in developpment for over 3 years and you have to figure that next gen optimisation was the last thing they did. Every game for the next year except for exclusives (Ryse, Forza , Killzone etc) are glorified current gen games.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I've played this game for probably a good 25-30 hours already and I can confirm that it does not, in fact, look like poo. It's a title that looks and feels quite amazing in motion.
Really? For a next-gen game (on the XBO) you don't think it looks a little pooey? As to your other point Digital Foundry has stated, in fact, that it doesn't feet that amazing in motion whilst playing the XBO version. The PC version does, however.

I'm not saying the game is or is not fun... But you're kidding yourself if you think it looks good for an XBO game! As a 360 game, sure. But if one is happy with 792p pooey graphics on their $500 NEXT-GEN console more power to them!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The game looks and plays great. Your kidding yourselves by trying to slam the best game out on next gen consoles. I don't think it would be such a big deal if Sony gets rights to the sequel if it wasn't good. I don't see many people crying that Microsoft didn't get Infamous 3. Doubt there will be any big announcements about Knack 2 coming to the Xbox One. On the flip side, all the Playstation Fanbois trying their best to slow the Titanfall Juggernaut will do a 180 as soon as they know they can play it in a few years.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Titanfall is not the best game on Xbone. That honor belongs to either Plants vs Zombies or Dead Rising 3!

Titanfall is the same model car we've been driving for years but with new rims and a spoiler. It's a great game, but a genre transformer it is not.

Also, the graphics are just fine. I think they should be better, but the look fine. The comparison to a peak last gen game is a good one, only it also has better lighting. I've had some frame rate issues that is pretty dissappointing to see, but you have to have a whole lot of shit happening at once to see it.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Titanfall is not the best game on Xbone. That honor belongs to either Plants vs Zombies or Dead Rising 3!

Titanfall is the same model car we've been driving for years but with new rims and a spoiler. It's a great game, but a genre transformer it is not.

Also, the graphics are just fine. I think they should be better, but the look fine. The comparison to a peak last gen game is a good one, only it also has better lighting. I've had some frame rate issues that is pretty dissappointing to see, but you have to have a whole lot of shit happening at once to see it.
This and exactly this. I'm just going to add that as someone who has been avoiding the whole COD thing the last few years(since the original Modern Warfare), this game is a really fun place to get re-acquainted with the genre.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

These types of shooters are all about giving the player the tools to make cool shit happen. Hell, Battlefield games have thousands of youtube videos dedicated to doing just that. BF has crazier shit than Titanfall, but Titanfall's crazy moments, while not as outragous, happen more frequently and feel more organic and personal due to the smaller map/player count.

I was running, double jumped and wall sprinted, jumped through a window, broke a dude's neck, shot another in the face, then jumped out the window onto the top of a goddamn titan as it was running past. I never broke my stride once. It was one smooth transition and it was amazing.

If someone does not like Titanfall, they were either overhyped or they never liked the genre to begin with.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I honestly just think it's ok. I think battlefield is better in pretty much every regard, but I'm playing titanfall in large part to justify my xbox purchase (and even then I haven't played it in almost a week.) I would agree that plants vs zombies is a better game, but would say dead rising is considerably worse, bordering on bad.

I imagine that the second titanfall will be the awesome next gen game the first one should have been, but we'll see.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The best part about this game is these videos.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm probably the only one still playing this but here we go!

Map pack came out this week. 3 new maps for 10$. I got it automatically because I had gotten the season pass.
They're getting much more creative with the vertical space in these and it's making movement a lot more interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-q4GNF6v3s
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote:I'm probably the only one still playing this but here we go!

Map pack came out this week. 3 new maps for 10$. I got it automatically because I had gotten the season pass.
They're getting much more creative with the vertical space in these and it's making movement a lot more interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-q4GNF6v3s
You're not the only one! Titanfall is the #1 selling game

top-ten games of April:

1. Titanfall (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)
3. NBA 2K14 (Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One, PC)
4. Minecraft (Xbox 360)
5. Lego: The Hobbit (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, Wii U, Vita)
6. The Lego Movie Videogame (Xbox 360, 3DS, PS3, Wii U, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
7. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360, PS3, DS, 3DS, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita, PC)
8. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U, 3DS)
9. Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
10. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, PC)

Second Son is nowhere to be found in the top ten...but the PS4 sold well! Too bad that Xbox One has fixed that bump in the road and will have best selling console along with best exclusives. Top Ten? Play everyone one on the Xbox Platform. Playstation? Not so much.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You seem so hurt that the XBO came in second to the PS4 for the fourth straight month in a row in the US. Awwww.

The software list becomes less and less relevant each month, for all consoles, since that only counts retail sales.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

April sales have jack shit to do with who is still playing a game in mid May. I was playing Titanfall in April, but I'm not now and won't likely ever again.

Let the idiotic, drooling xenophobic child bask in his little ray of hope. I imagine the rest of us know that 2+2!= pillow.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I bought the map pack as well. I played a little last night, but not the new pack yet, oddly.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Winnow wrote:You're not the only one! Titanfall is the #1 selling game
Across 3 platforms? Sure. Infamous Second Son is the best selling exclusive next gen console title in April though. Basically, Infamous sold more copies on PS4 than Titanfall sold on Xbone.

Both are great games. Titanfall should have longer legs though. Infamous wasn't too long at all and it is single player only.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Winnow wrote:You're not the only one! Titanfall is the #1 selling game
Across 3 platforms? Sure. Infamous Second Son is the best selling exclusive next gen console title in April though. Basically, Infamous sold more copies on PS4 than Titanfall sold on Xbone.

Both are great games. Titanfall should have longer legs though. Infamous wasn't too long at all and it is single player only.

Second Son would have sold horribly if Titanfall was available on the PS4. The reverse wouldn't be true. PS4 owners were desperate for any kind of decent exclusive while the Xbox One has had several. The only thing the PS4 people can hang onto is a few frames per second. I'm sure Sony is thrilled with having to deal with a cheaper Xbox One and Halo 5 in 2015 while they have to check their rosters to see who's left on the Uncharted team that hasn't quit. Then they need to find a building they haven't sold already to work in.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I bought the map pack as well. I played a little last night, but not the new pack yet, oddly.
You have to pick a playlist that includes the maps. Last time I played friday morning, there was attrition and a variety pack playlists with the new maps exclusively.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

BTW with those NPD numbers they are listed by platform based on sales numbers so...
Titanfall (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
Means 360 was the better seller, followed by XBO then PC.

Based on that, for most of those titles listed in the Top 10 the PS4 version outsold the XBO version.

TODAY YOU LEARNED SOMETHING!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Don't forget that the NPD's don't track digital sales and also don't include the bigger retail players like walmart. Hence why Spiderman 2 doesn't even have XBO there since there wasn't even a retail version to sell that month.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

And now that the Xbox One is as cheap as the PS4, the loyal 360 peeps will move up to the Xbox One quicker. (you know, all those 360 peeps that bought Titanfall) They'll feel victorious in having waited until the Kinect was unbundled. They stuck it to the man! Yeah! No one really wants to switch to Sony, the land of game delays and lame controllers. More games sold per console with 360/One makes developers happy. We'll probably see some defectors to Xbox One from PS3 peeps who haven't upgraded yet now that they can cheap out and watch Netflix, Hulu, etc for free as well on Xbox Live. May as well go with the console that also has the best exclusives. And for parents, what should they get their kids to make them happy? PS4 that only a few of their oddball friends play Second Son on or next gen Xbox One with Titanfall, a game that all of their friends play on the 360, PC or Xbox One. Hey mom! Look at this cool picture I took in Second Son of the ocean and sunset!...or Hey dad! I just went on a 10 game mega kill streak in Titanfall! Grab a controller and lets play!

It's all psychological. Online gamers want to stay with Xbox Live. Now they can feel good about moving to the next gen with the same gamer scores, etc instead of those stupid trophies.

All Sony has now is a few FPS and a shoestring budget for exclusives.

PS4 is ranked 4th in terms of gaming use for me right now:

1. PC
2. PS3
3. Xbox One
4. PS4

The only change I see coming in the next year is 2 and 3 swapping places.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm probably something like this lately:

PC
PS4
WiiU
Xbone
Vita
PS3
3DS XL

That goes a bit against where I'm spending my gaming budget money though!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

If I had to quantify:

XB1
WiiU
Vita
PC
Mobile
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

1. PS4
2. PS4
3. PS4
4. PS4

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:1. PS4
2. PS4
3. PS4
4. PS4
You sure talk a lot about Neverwinter for there to be no PC on the list!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

In case one REALLY wants to try Titanfall... You can play the (PC) game free for 48 hours of time. Which is probably about 40 hours more than you need to get your fill of that game.
It's Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: it's free time with full games. Origin Game Time isn't a demo, it's the full game playable for free for as long as there's time on your Game Time clock. And we're kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend you'll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. We're launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you don't see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when they're available to download.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/play- ... -game-time

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:In case one REALLY wants to try Titanfall... You can play the (PC) game free for 48 hours of time. Which is probably about 40 hours more than you need to get your fill of that game.
It's Game Time! This is a brand new program on Origin: it's free time with full games. Origin Game Time isn't a demo, it's the full game playable for free for as long as there's time on your Game Time clock. And we're kicking off Origin Game Time with a truly massive experience: Titanfall on PC.

This weekend you'll be able to download Titanfall and play for free for two days straight. We're launching Origin Game Time for Titanfall across the world over the next several hours, so if you don't see it available yet in your territory, you will soon. Origin Game Time games will appear on our Free Games page when they're available to download.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/play- ... -game-time
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I played this.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I still play this from time to time and they recently updated the base game with a ton of new stuff.

Here's the log from Respawn: http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-four

Frankly, it's nice to see them actively supporting and updating the game like this. Kudos to EA and Respawn.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:I still play this from time to time and they recently updated the base game with a ton of new stuff.

Here's the log from Respawn: http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-four

Frankly, it's nice to see them actively supporting and updating the game like this. Kudos to EA and Respawn.
I'm sure they're trying to pull people in that have quit playing, and I'd imagine it's not working (certainly isn't for me). Hell, I think it had been a couple of months since I had even turned on my XBO - so I watched an episode of a show on it yesterday just for kicks.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Just picked this up for my new XBox One. Went through the tutorial. Pretty interesting even though I will tire of any FPS after a few hours. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:
I'm sure they're trying to pull people in that have quit playing, and I'd imagine it's not working (certainly isn't for me). Hell, I think it had been a couple of months since I had even turned on my XBO - so I watched an episode of a show on it yesterday just for kicks.
Same goes for the PS4. PS4 almost rivals my Nexus 7" tablet in uselessness over the past half year. (Vita beats it out as biggest tech purchase waste of the year)

My 4+ year old PC wins best gaming award. Most people still don't recommend upgrading the 920 i7 CPU. Maybe this fall. CPU advancements have sucked ass over the past 4 years. Maybe the i7-5960X, 8-Core Haswell CPU will be the one to get me to upgrade. PCI-e 3 as well.

Titanfall is much better than...Killzone? I guess that's the closest thing PS4 has.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

lol at "much better".

And there's nothing wrong with Vita. If you have PS+ you get 2 free games a month! If you're not getting use out of it or the PS4 you have nobody to blame but yourself. So shame on you!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:lol at "much better".

And there's nothing wrong with Vita. If you have PS+ you get 2 free games a month! If you're not getting use out of it or the PS4 you have nobody to blame but yourself. So shame on you!

Yeah, a sad attempt to save a little face for his precious. Killzone isn't as good as previous iterations in my opinion, but were I to compare them, I'd rate them about the same. They are both just OK shooters, difference is Sony isn't/wasn't depending on Killzone to move consoles.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Aslanna wrote:lol at "much better".

Yeah, a sad attempt to save a little face for his precious. Killzone isn't as good as previous iterations in my opinion, but were I to compare them, I'd rate them about the same. They are both just OK shooters, difference is Sony isn't/wasn't depending on Killzone to move consoles.
I'm not so sure about that one. Every console has marquee titles. Nintendo leads in this as they have Mario, Zelda and just about every other venerable property in their portfolio.

Sony has Uncharted, Infamous, LBP and Killzone.

Microsoft is in a bit of a tougher situation as they don't have a ton of first party studios and rely a lot on 3rd party and securing exclusives through deals. Sure you have stuff like Halo, Fable and to a lesser extend Crackdown but their real breakouts last gen were getting those sweet exclusives with Gears/Epic, Mass Effect/Bioware and a few others. Titanfall ended up being on of the latter categories that didn't pay off as much as Microsoft had hoped.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

PS4 isn't as great as you think it is.

Sunset Overdrive is looking like another winner for Xbox One:

http://kotaku.com/sunset-overdrive-co-o ... 1599023198

But if course, you'll say it's not much better than Killzone...you know that game that never gets talked about but somehow is PS4's answer to Xbox One's fun FPSers.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:PS4 isn't as great as you think it is.

Sunset Overdrive is looking like another winner for Xbox One:

http://kotaku.com/sunset-overdrive-co-o ... 1599023198

But if course, you'll say it's not much better than Killzone...you know that game that never gets talked about but somehow is PS4's answer to Xbox One's fun FPSers.
Looks like a boring game ripped off entirely from a couple of others. What are these fun FPSers? The Gears series stopped being worth playing after the first game (even though I didn't figure this out until the third game), Crackdown was over after the first game. What else is there? And even then, it's amusing to me that you feel you have any authority to weigh in on a genre that you don't even really play.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Now go on and tell me how great the similar PS4 games are compared to what you just said. Thought so!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

They are... Although I'm not going to bother elaborating because we all know where this is going.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:They are... Although I'm not going to bother elaborating because we all know where this is going.
I'm sure you do. Wise choice not to respond.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Titanfall 2 Confirmed, Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC
Coming as a surprise to nobody. Eventually PS4 owners will be able to play Titanfall and be wondering "Why did I pay $60 for this?" when they stop playing it in two weeks. My advice, wait a month or two and pick it up for $10!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I paid $6 for Titanfall, and I just got all of the Season Pass content for free......yet I have only played the game 2-3 times. I feel like I paid too much.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Boogahz wrote:I paid $6 for Titanfall, and I just got all of the Season Pass content for free......yet I have only played the game 2-3 times. I feel like I paid too much.
You definitely did. It could be worse, though; I paid full price for that fucking joke.