Nintendo 3DS

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Aslanna »

WB!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

You're back! Still playing ARR? If so, PM me/message me on PSN with your server name, etc.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

miir wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:Dedicated handheld gaming is pretty much history.
And yet the 3DS keeps plugging along, outselling pretty much every other console week after week.

PS: You're still an idiot.
And the 3DS is behind where the DS was at this point in it's lifetime and the Vita is still dead in the water.

Speaking of sales levels, how do smart phones compare to dedicated handheld sales?

Good to see some things never change. You're still always wrong. Try again next year quitter!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Can't we all just get along?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Bought Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds from the eShop last night and played for about 2 hours.

I do not regret this move in the least. The fact that the Hyrule map has exactly the same layout as in A Link to the Past hit me right in the nostalgia.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

So I've been playing So much of my kids' 2DS after they go to bed that it's almost embarrassing.

Zelda: A Link between Worlds - OMGsogoodIcantputitdown.
Super Mario 3D Land - I've discovered that my 4 yo son likes the 3d Mario games much much more than the side scroller versions. I've also learned that he lives Luigi a LOT more than he likes Mario. I've been playing this with him, helping him collect the harder star coins that are hidden or have tricky jumps.
Mario Kart 7 local multi-player with kids - God damned Blue Shells - nuff said.

Frankly Nintendo's got a great assortment of games/experiences on there. It's just such a shame that they're all so goddamned expensive. I would probably buy a 3DS XL for myself if the games were around half the current price. 39$ for a portable game is just too damn much. To me, portable games need to be in the impulse buy range which usually caps out at 20$.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Much like the WiiU, the games the 3DS has are outstanding. I completely agree with you about game prices though. I mentioned it earlier as well. It's a real killer for me and will pretty much guarantee the system a niche status in my gaming hobby. Luckily, 3rd party games do dip in price from time to time. I have my eye out for Fire Emblem for around the $20 mark!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Has anyone with a 3DS XL had issues with wireless range? Mine will connect to my network and show full signal but when I try to do anything with it (open the store, browser, etc) it fails. It will only work if the 3DS is sitting like right next to my router. I've got a top of the line Asus router and don't have any issues with range on my other devices (I can still get a wireless connection on my phone in the parking lot that's functional, etc.).

I didn't seem to find anything googling, and it's not a huge deal due to the nature of the internet usage on the device, but it's annoying. I wouldn't normally hesitate to go exchange it, but I've had to exchange fucking everything I've bought lately and frankly the idea of wiping shit off another device and driving to Best Buy doesn't appeal to me in the least...
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Sorry man, no issues here at all with my 3DS XL.