Dragon Age 2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: Dragon Age 2

Post by Jice Virago »

Its a middle act, with all the problems that entails. Plus, it seems like the budget got cut short, especially in the level design department. Still, voice acting was good and the story was what it needed to be. I played it three times and enjoyed it a bunch, but I dislike some of the Mass Effect style streamlining of the game. My only real issue was with the repeater maps and the lack of a nuetral option for the ending. Balance was a bit off, with the need to coddle Anders if you wanted any sort of healing beyond potions. Also, if you manually run Merril as an AE bloodmage rape machine, she breaks the game.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Jice Virago wrote:Its a middle act, with all the problems that entails. Plus, it seems like the budget got cut short, especially in the level design department. Still, voice acting was good and the story was what it needed to be. I played it three times and enjoyed it a bunch, but I dislike some of the Mass Effect style streamlining of the game. My only real issue was with the repeater maps and the lack of a nuetral option for the ending. Balance was a bit off, with the need to coddle Anders if you wanted any sort of healing beyond potions. Also, if you manually run Merril as an AE bloodmage rape machine, she breaks the game.
I pissed Anders off at every possible opportunity and he kept healing for me. This next play through is going to be interesting too. I actually screwed around and supported mages early in my last play through then decided to go templars, so didn't get the mage hunter achieve. This time I am playing with my main character as a mage, but also going to be anti mage in every way. I want to see how that plays out.
[Show]
BTW, I loved killing Anders at the end. Wish it would have given me the option of going into a rage and giving him a nasty, horrible death though. Freaking whiny little bitch.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dragon Age II was easily one of the worst games/sequels of recent memory. Even the developers recognized how awful it was eventually.

That said, next gen's Dragon Age: Inquisition looks very promising:

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IML4hhg8Yz0&hd=1

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6rV1Y6Vcxg&hd=1

Bear with the technical difficulties and camcordered'd pax video and you can see the Frostbite 3 engine looks promising (also will be used for next Mass Effect game)

There are clean HD trailers showing DA2: inquisition but this one shows some game play which is what matters. The graphics look great but seem too "clean" at times, meaning they seem to be missing some dirty/grungy look. As long as they get rid of the ridiculous bloody faces after every battle, it will be a step in the right direction. I think the developers actually learned from their mistakes this time...that, and Skyrim put them to shame.

Hope it turns out well. The more decent RPGs the better.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It looks like a single player MMO. Nothing wrong with that, but after many hours in these games I actually miss real people being behind the toons.