Baseball!!!

What do you think about the sports world?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

moving Smoltz to the rotation isn't the problem. and he won't be moving back to the bullpen mid season. that is not going to happen at all. it probably won't ever happen honestly unless he hurts his arm (though doctors think starting will be less stressful on his arm).

its too early to give up on Kolb, but he needs to get his head screwed on straight. what makes bobby cox the best manager in baseball is that he knows how to get people to perform over 162 games. a bad week in baseball is meaningless. everybody has them. what is important is having the right approach over the long term.

Closer replacement should Kolb not perform would be Grybowski i think.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

Anyone catch A-Rod's performance? It was just amazing.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

I chose to avoid watching the yankees.

Im having too much fun watching Adam Dunn and Wily Mo Pena bat back to back. They may be the two most powerful hitters in the game right now. Both are capable of launching any given pitch 500 ft.

Dunn from the left. Wily Mo from the right. When both of these guys are on there game you can expect some major fireworks.

Of course they can also accumulate 8ks in one game
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

The Reds really need to add the spectacular bat of Andruw "Crisco" Jones. The 1-2-3 potential for strikeouts and double play grounders from that trio is unfathomable. They would also hit about 105 very long homers between them.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

7 dongs for the Mets so far...new Mets record! :D Fuckin' hell, even Zambrano has a triple.... they need to play in Philly more often!! Wright just had a frozen rope for his first grand slam of his career...

yay! :D :D :D
en kærlighed småkager
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

How 'bout those Yankees!

Hehe... 200 million doesn't buy what it used to.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I love to make fun of the Wankees when they are playing poorly... but you know they will come around and be at/near the top at the end of the season....

Baltimore and Toronto have been nice surprises so far this year.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

The Yankees will definitely bounce back, especially with the Red Sox having some injuries in their rotation. The thing that interests me is how the improved play of Baltimore, Toronto, and Chicago will affect the Yankees and the Sox. With the Yankees and Sox both having pitching issues, it's not unfathomable that Baltimore could win the AL East, and either Toronto, Chicago, or a western team could pick up the wild card.

If neither the Yankees nor the Sox made the playoffs one season after the playoffs degenerated into a reprehensible orgy of northeastern self-fellatio, I would be a happy man.
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

miir wrote:I love to make fun of the Wankees when they are playing poorly... but you know they will come around and be at/near the top at the end of the season....

Baltimore and Toronto have been nice surprises so far this year.
Being a Marylander myself, nothing excites me more than the idea of the O's hitting the playoffs. It's about time.
miir and I are best friends. <3
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

It is still very very early in the season, but it is nice to see something different. I wonder how many 2004 new Red sox fans will be buying a set of clothing for a different team this year?
en kærlighed småkager