Please moderate more

No holds barred discussion. Someone train you and steal your rare spawn? Let everyone know all about it! (Not for the faint of heart!)

Moderator: TheMachine

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

yes let's all uprise against people who work to bring us this message board for free!!
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Xouqoa wrote:I might be wrong, but I always thought Aslanna was a mangina. (I don't know for sure, though.)
Careful! Don't want to offend her sensibilities!
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

To the whiners: Don't like this board? Tough shit, here's the alternative.

http://vnboards.ign.com/board.asp?brd=5029

Don't go crazy talking to yourself...

Xouqua and Pyrella: Thanks for running a great board and keeping the flames going on after the whole eqvault fiasco.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Im sorry it took so long to post but my wife had to drag my ass to the mall for 4 hours, you know the one that does not have any wheel chair ramps and all the Handicap parking spots were taken.

My God I just got finished reading the Retard thread and I am laughing so hard my sides hurt, Devereaux I have never met anyone that sucks at flaming worse then me but you know what, you are the "King of Flame Sucking", I have had harder times catching Starving Trout in a Trout pond then trolling for you. Man you leave yourself open wider then the legs on a cheap Whore.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

yes let's all uprise against people who work to bring us this message board for free!!
Good idea!

Listen, I have nothing against the moderators personally. But when I see what seems to be overmoderation I'll speak my mind regardless of who I may offend. To sit back and not question anything is to be a bunch of sheep. I'll admit, maybe sometimes I jump to conclusions and can be wrong about things. I have no problem admitting that I'm wrong. That doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my opinion.

I've been on this board, as have a lot of people, since it was started. I know it's history and why we are here and not still at IGN. I never had a problem with anything that's been done in the past other than I think a few threads were locked prematurely just because a bunch of retards kept spamming shit about how lame the thread was. Why they were still reading it I have no clue. I'm not sure what drives their crusade to spam crap until mods lock threads. In fact I thought the moderation was a little on the light side when Searyx was allowed to spam us day after day.

Overall I think the mods have done a fine job and have given us a place to post, flame, and generally have fun. I respect the work they do to make the board run as it has. However, the combination of dev being banned (initally), posts being edited (tied to his ban so understandable) and locked (just to sprout up 6 more lame threads) seemed a little much to me at the time. Did I overreact? Maybe. It just seemed that the rules that were formed when this place started were being bent unfairly. If I'm wrong for questioning that well hey.. I can live with that.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Raistin
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Raistin »

devereaux

Im so happy to know youre really digging my life. Before you TRY and take a low blow at me about my life, look at yourself and cry.

No class. You have word of mouth from some dirty cock sucker who I dont even know. Did he tell you this as he was shitting on your face? Dont try and bring real life in to it. You will lose.

Let it air out buddy. Fill me in on my life, you and your misinformed monkey.
Last edited by Raistin on April 19, 2003, 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

You're wrong. The moderation here is far too lenient. At least TheMachine used too lock threads when they got out of hand. If Py or Xo do that now, they have to take 4 pages of shit for it from ingrates like you who think it's your board. Nice backhanded compliment there.

I'm done with this thread now.

PS Cart, you're a fucking riot. :)
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Jesus get a grip, if you don't like this place fuck off back to VN, I'm sure the 10m post count mods will be happy to hear about it. Xou and the people that made this board are about as open minded as you'll get leave them out of the fucking BS please!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You're wrong. The moderation here is far too lenient. At least TheMachine used too lock threads when they got out of hand.
Out of hand; fine. But not because a bunch of spazzes don't like it and start spamming shit like "lock this thread!", "pie", "/pharm", or other crap that contributes nothing to the thread. You know exactly what I'm talking about because you've done it before. You put on your little pseudo-moderator hat and decide that a thread is lame so you try derialing it and generally posting nothing that even comes close to relating to the topic.
If Py or Xo do that now, they have to take 4 pages of shit for it from ingrates like you who think it's your board.
Oh I forgot. It's yours. Ban me plz, kthxbye! Oh and while you're at it kindly fuck off.
I'm done with this thread now.
\:D/

--
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

I love Xou and Py. I trust their judgment.

I am a sheep. (baaa baaa.) <---- See?

That is all.
cid
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cid »

Sunserae wrote:I love Xou and Py. I trust their judgment.

I am a sheep. (baaa baaa.) <---- See?

That is all.
You stump broke? \:D/
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

devereaux wrote:Quasi-modo=quasi mod. Get it? Do I really have to spell it out for every ignorant fuck out there? I said nothing about you're rl pic, notice i chose the word "likeness" carefully. So hold your horses Brad Pitt, this isn't Glamour Shots.

Xo is in a guild with a Komodo which would equal komi-mod....hmm you may be onto something
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

much :vv_love: for Xou, Py, Aslanna & :vv_pie2:
Gaklek
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Gaklek »

Have't been back since this afternoon. I was working under the assumption that Rek was posting about *another* banning, not the one Py already apologized for. I'm sorry Mods, my mistake for assuming anything around here. I know you don't hand out bannings as a rule, so thats why a 2nd occurance got me going.
Skunki
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Skunki »

Holy Shit, whats up Salis!!!

oh yea. there is more than one fnord here or isnt that sorta obvious?
Skunki Goldenheal
Retired!
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Damn, I had no connection for a few days and missed some good stuff.
The moderation here is far too lenient. At least TheMachine used too lock threads when they got out of hand. If Py or Xo do that now, they have to take 4 pages of shit for it from ingrates like you who think it's your board. Nice backhanded compliment there.
There is not enough moderation on this board?

You move ever so closer to planet dipshit with each hypocritical holier than thou post you make, which is pretty much every post you make.

You are proving to be a nutless fucking pussy. "Don't flame about the war, don't flame the mods, don't flame my fan faire friends." You act like you can handle shit but when it gets thrown in your general direction, you panic like a little girl. Your panties get knotted up all the fucking time about this that and the other. Grow some fucking balls.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Arsecn
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Arsecn »

Cliques!? I smell WMDs too! We are sending in Dr Hans Blix and the inspection team to make sure VV is on the up and up...

PS Gaklek, fuck off.
~ 70 Troll Scourge Knight ~

"You're talking a whole lotta Jibba-Jabba."
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Xyun wrote:Damn, I had no connection for a few days and missed some good stuff.
The moderation here is far too lenient. At least TheMachine used too lock threads when they got out of hand. If Py or Xo do that now, they have to take 4 pages of shit for it from ingrates like you who think it's your board. Nice backhanded compliment there.
There is not enough moderation on this board?

You move ever so closer to planet dipshit with each hypocritical holier than thou post you make, which is pretty much every post you make.

You are proving to be a nutless fucking pussy. "Don't flame about the war, don't flame the mods, don't flame my fan faire friends." You act like you can handle shit but when it gets thrown in your general direction, you panic like a little girl. Your panties get knotted up all the fucking time about this that and the other. Grow some fucking balls.
*yawn*

You pretend to be so tough Xyun... Would you like a tissue? Your vagina is dripping all over the board.
Forthe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Brutus709

Post by Forthe »

Team bok must die!

that is all
All posts are personal opinion.
My opinion may == || != my guild's.
"All spelling mistakes were not on purpose as I dont know shit ." - Torrkir
Jugata
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Jugata »

RL flames shouldn't be tolerated here.
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

I support the troops! The mods too!

They sure are lenient... they let me post here :)

*(It might be time to pay up!)
Atokal
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Atokal »

Jice Virago wrote:I know the little fnord here is a nessecary evil to keep the board up, but christ this heavy handed bullshit needs to stop. You ARE playing favorites. I can find HUNDREDS of posts far more severe/innane/retarded than the ones Dev has been making in the last couple days.

You want personal attacks? How about Britteny bashing Varia hardcore in the thread before you tarded it and locked it? No Ban there.

You want innane retarded unimaginitive flames? Do a search on Atokal for, oh say, the past fucking year. No Bans there and the most rescent one is the first one of his you ever locked.

You want endless stupid spam threads? How about all the dumbass pie threads and /pharm threads to inflate post counts for the people who give a shit about that? Searx anyone? No bans or post count resets there.

Want slams based on events occuring a Fan Faire? How about that nice piece of flame bait by Raist and Britt that had Livak stomping around here? How about how long you egged that dumbass Maleske on? I don't seem to recall any bannings from those situations, despite real life threats and attacks flying fast and furious in both the major threads?

I can't believe you guys have done something so blatantly hypocritical that you have forced me into the position of having to defend Devereaux and his (and even Atokal's) right to post whatever the fuck they want. I don't care who it is, we started this whole damn board so people could get away from this Mooneyesque bullshit. If this shit keeps up you can take my $50 and donate it to some retarded kids charity so that Atokal's people can get the help they desperately need.

PS - this isnt nessecarily about banning but also about retarding and locking threads that clearly the "in" crowd disagrees with.
Jice, I cannot thank you enough for defending my right to post. Your witty style and well thought out prose have always left me in awe. Someday I hope to have the same degree of respect you have on these boards and in game. Can we be friends now?

/sarcasm off.

Defend yourself dickless wonder with all the real life BS you brought to the boards it is amazing you are allowed to view these boards let alone post here.

The day you apologize to all the women you have offended with your cyber for loot accusations is the day you can take shots at me little man.

I WANNA BE IN THE IN CROWD!!11!1
Atokal
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.
Niccolo Machiavelli
Sheryl
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sheryl »

Forthe wrote:Team bok must die!

that is all
nooo! leave my meager planetsmans alone! tt
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

Some question(s).

1. Of all the people bitching about the moderators on here, how many actually donated money to help support the new servers? Mind you, this is not money paid to the moderators for doing a job, but rather paid for the server on which this board is running.
2. Is this board part of the US government? If not, then the first amendment right really does not apply. Private organizations have the right to censor anything the feel necessary. The first amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Last time I checked, VV is not a member of congress, or even working for congress. Though you never know, Xou might be working for Dick Army :)
3. Who actually owns the domain name, the server and the code for this board?

Bitch and whine all you want. But don't get your panties (or boxers) bunched, especially if you haven't contributed to the continuation of this board. Posting here is a priviledge, not a right.
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

To those bitching about the retarding of threads really need a fucking clue. Every single good retard thread (READ: Heavy Flaming) has been an offspring of an even bigger flame thread. The Gaklek thread was an offspring of a locked thread so it deserved to be retarded. Same with Netiquette. The moderation here is excellent, if you don't like it then please don't fucking post here.
Legenae
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Legenae »

Zamtuk wrote:To those bitching about the retarding of threads really need a fucking clue. Every single good retard thread (READ: Heavy Flaming) has been an offspring of an even bigger flame thread. The Gaklek thread was an offspring of a locked thread so it deserved to be retarded. Same with Netiquette. The moderation here is excellent, if you don't like it then please don't fucking post here.
Actually the Gaklek thread popped up even before the other thread was locked. So, yes it should have been retarded at the start since the other thread was still going strong.
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

*edit* :vv_yeahthat:
Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Py's sekrit mangina cyb0r club > Xou's sekrit mangina cyb0r club!

<---- Member!

For not only is Py the president... he's a client. :D
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

Rekaar. wrote:The more dev posts, the more I start to see his point about the fnord. At first I just thought he was nuts but there really is a group of regulars here that cries about free speech then whines when someone they don't agree with has it. If you don't like his posts use the ignore feature instead of crying in your beer. Want to read them and argue back? More power to you.

No one who posts with their in-game name should ever be banned from this board, that's total horseshit and it's the whole reason we HAVE an ignore feature. What right do any of you have to determine who is and is not allowed to participate in this community especially when all that is being posted is opinion, however you want to label or judge it.

Legally offensive? NWS? Fine, warn, suspend whatever. But to ban for someone's opinion is fucking pathetic on a community board where we apparently welcome peanut gallery retirees to come take shots at anyone they can gang up on and make themselves feel better by putting down.

To support that kind of thing makes you no better than what made us migrate to a new board.
Restated: I may not agree with what any of you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

This has yet *again* been derailed by people with no reading comprehension... The mods are playing favorites - fact.

Do they mean to? Are they bad people? Do I not like them? Got nothing to do with it, and no I don't think any of those things. The argument about having donated to the boards is a little..corrupt is it not? What's the purpose of the board? Exclusive club you can only buy into with "donations?" If that's the case I guess it is indeed my mistake, and I'll happily never visit this shithole again.

However if this was supposed to be a community gathering for the Veeshan server and everyone on it (insane or otherwise), maybe there are some things that need to be reconfigured with regards to how this place is overseen.
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

again. is this a government office? nope. guess what. They can play favorites if they want to. Is it fair? Maybe not. Nothing you can do except bitch, whine and moan, and leave.

This is still a private board.

Priviledge vs rights and all that.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The last defense of the ignorant: "If you don't like it leave". That solves everything!

People love their country yet do they not protest and voice their dissent when they see something they deem as not right? Right or wrong they do what they feel needs to be done. Yes, we all realize this is a private board and the rules of government don't apply. But it's a community place where we can all gather. I seriously doubt the only people the mods want around are those who throw rose petals at their feet. A little criticism is to be expected. To take on the position and think otherwise is rather naive.

And frankly I think the part about only having a say if you donated is complete BS. I swear some of you people have no clue why this board was formed in the first place. Or have forgotten. People act like the mods have been bashed since day one. As I said in an early post I'm generally happy with how things have been around here. However, the few actions I had seen in a relatively short period made me just a little concerned about the direction of this board. I overreacted by throwing the word Nazi around and I'll apologize for that. It really needs to be a constant abuse of moderation power rather than just a mistake or bad judgement here and there to qualify as something like that. That cliques form is a fact of life. People are just asking for objectivity when it come to applying the rules by those in positions of authority. I don't really see a problem with people calling them out on it on occassion.

So, back to "live with it or get the fuck out" part... Unless I'm banned I don't think I'll be leaving like Millie. Aranuil enjoys my company too much for me to leave him all alone.

Oh, and thanks for the civics lessons, fizzlewhip. I had no idea the first ammendment did not apply here!

--
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Rekaar wrote:This has yet *again* been derailed by people with no reading comprehension... The mods are playing favorites - fact.
Again, where is this favortism? The fact that the thread was locked/moved? I definately hope we are past the whole editing/banning thing.

First: Aslanna, as recently pointed out a few posts up, your 'retarding/locking a thread only causes more posts to pop up'. For one, there wasn't 6, there was 1, maybe 2 if you count this one. And that 1 was done before the other thread was locked and moved. Please look at post times, and notice the large period of time in between these events.

As to you Rek, look at the content of those threads, as always, even IGN pre-nazi-mod-attack posts were treated to the same results when they deviated as much as they did from the original topic (yes deviation besides people /pharming, pie'ing, and 'ban this plz thx' 'ing). You yourself have performed the same actions for similar reasons on a board you administrate as well, with nary a word.

Back to the whole IGN-Nazi-Mod everyone likes to allude to. Again, our mod system is nothing like it is over there. We have no 'head mod' we have no 'ban/lock/edit quotas' in fact, we really don't have much of anything. However the very presence of the Retard forum alone, and the amount of content there shows that this isn't a first itteration of these events. In fact, as pointed out by people of both sides of the fence of the topic/s in question pointed out, it deserved to go there a while ago. Is the community *that* concerned that it wasn't able to take a post to 20 pages?

Again, with TheMachine gone from our daily lives, that puts the 'burden' on me and Xou's shoulders....which we don't want. We'd rather be playing video games (go figure). Again, regardless of the actions we take, we're going to fail. We do not have the power of supposed anonymity and indefference that TM did due to the fact that we are in guilds, and we have attended real life events with other people on this board. And yet AGAIN it needs to be clarified that the fnord illusion does not apply here. If it did, then lots of people would be gone, the boards would have like 5 posts in the general section, and we would be fine on the old host.

As to the money - it's to pay for hardware we wanted/needed to be able to provide more things for the community. It would have been done whether we did donations or not, it just would have taken longer until I got my tax return. I still stand by my statement of saying that if you don't like it, send me an email and I will refund your money, no questions asked, I'll even cover the paypal service charges out of my own pocket. It clearly has no bearing on the assumption of what happens with these posts - please, look at who has donated - we have people from each side of the fence there as well, and believe it or not, I dont care if you donated 5 or 100$ bucks towards this, it still buys you the same amount of sway on the moderation here - none.

I'm not going to ask anyone here to have the philosophy of 'if you don't like it go away', mainly because, if that was really that bad, it wouldn't need to be asked. If 3 threads out of 2700+ cause that much of a problem for you, then I'm sorry, I don't know what to say/do - we've done what we can, and then some.

And for the last time, our opinions of the original topics of the threads that were locked/moved had absolutely 0 impact on the reasons behind the actions.

cest la vie
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

Glad to help you A.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Atokal,
I have made that statement about exactly two people, and when it was vaguely made about Taly it was sarcasm, not that it shocks me that your tiny brain fails to gasp such concepts. In fact I often wonder if, like the dinosaurs you have an extra mini brain in your ass to help keep your lungs taking in oxygen while your typing out your posts since your clever pulitzer winning insight clearly must consume all available mental capacity you posses.

To say that I am a mysogynist because I believe these things of one person is called a sweeping generalization. It would be like saying everyone in PE smokes the cock because the leader does. Do you smoke the cock Atokal? No? Ok then, let that sink in a bit. Saying all your posts are retarded, however, is not a generalization because I need only dig up every post you have made to prove this fact, and you would be hard pressed to find anyone who didn't have the misfortune of being derived from the same flawed genetic structure who would argue otherwise.

But back on topic....
I just am sick of seeing threads selectively locked, and yes I concur it is usually the pie fuckers who cause the closures by plopping in 100s of innane /pharm, Pie>Cake, smiley spam, or whatever. That scandal thread minus that lame shit was a 15 pager with plenty of life left to it, imo and would have quite easily gone on another 4-5 pages considering the turd lobbing that arrived at the end of it (and spilled into the spawned thread which was also locked and tarded). In contrast that monsterous farm fest known as Nettiquette was allowed to drag on well past its death because certain people weren't quite tired of pummeling an intellectual cripple.

I feel different standards are applied to certain threads based on the people involved. I also believe the mods here are descent, but that is no excuse to let shit slide when I (and apparently others) feel they can do better. I also have donated and have no intention of seeking a refund even if the modding continues south, even if Captain Popular Opinion thinks sliding me money will somehow make me feel less entitled to express my own opinion. This board exists because we wanted everyone to be able to say what they wanted how they wanted whenever they wanted. If you are going to habitually lock threads due to innane spam or whatever reason, you need to set a standard and apply it universally. I don't think thats an unfair request and it would prevent this kind of subject from comming up again in the future.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Spangaloid_PE
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spangaloid_PE »

can i get the cliff notes of that post please?
Spangaloid Scuzzlebum - 65 PROPHET
Liqour in the front - Poker in the rear
Rekaar.
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Rekaar. »

You yourself have performed the same actions for similar reasons on a board you administrate as well, with nary a word.
Indeed, and I've been called out for it too don't forget =p I do think there's a distinction between the 2 boards with one being established as a truly private guild board and another established as an all inclusive community board. I'm certainly not perfect and I don't expect anyone else to be.

Maybe "playing favorites" isn't the best way to put it, but I think the vocal fnord that likes to spam threads they don't like and "petition" to you mods to lock said threads is what I have a problem with. If anything the spammers should be dealt with, not the people posting their on-topic opinion. Giving them what they want only encourages them to do it more and flat out disrupt the topic being discussed.

I know both Py and Xou are fair people, and both are honestly doing their best to run this community. Again, no one is perfect! Maybe I should've just continued to bite my tongue - I certainly could've phrased my criticism better and for that I do apologize to the both of you.

No one can post any thoughts here without being called a moron by someone, regardless of who or what is said, and I don't expect the responses to this post to be any different.
Time makes more converts than reason. - Thomas Paine
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Jice Virago wrote:...pummeling an intellectual cripple...
LMAO, Jice.

Rekaar, I think if you were to lurk here more often, or go through my last ~2500 posts you'd find that, despite what Aslanna would like to think, there have only been 3 threads where I've spammed pictures of pie.

Additionally, the majority of my posts are either relevant to whatever topic the thread has turned toward, or slamming people like (in the past), Eckolit, Cartalas, Spangaloid, Searyx, Masekle, Xanupox, Devereux (I defy anyone to stand up and say he's intelligent), and that one idiot from the Tarrew Marr server who's name escapes me. So sorry you don't approve, but I've been here longer and more often than you, and I will continue to be.

I would further add that, who has and who has not donated makes no difference to me. I knew when I dontated that there would be a lot of people who for a variety of reasons either wouldn't or couldn't. I don't expect people to donate, and I certainly don't think individuals should be looked down upon because they did not. My only expectation for posters here is that they show up to have fun, flame each other, or post something intelligent/humorous.

I personally think there's a line where you go from flaming to actually hurting someone, and frankly, I think the mods should assrape the individuals who don't know where that line is. I would never use personal information about someones RL to flame. It's wrong, it's classless, and it has no place here because it detracts from what I truly believe keeps us all coming back here; the fun and the camaraderie.

Edit: I'm sure Aslanna will post within the next 1-2 minutes reminding everyone that I was 'done with this thread', but since the subject of donations came up, I felt compelled to post.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

MegaloManiac!

ahh, the memories :vv_wedgie:
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Aranuil wrote:there have only been 3 threads where I've spammed pictures of pie.

WTF, you call yourself a pie lover?
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Vetiria wrote:MegaloManiac!

ahh, the memories :vv_wedgie:
Hehe, thanks Vet. ;)
Skunki
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Skunki »

Ahh Megalo! before Searyx. Before the Rebellion.. now thats when the vault was in the good ol days. It brigs a tear to my eye!. reading the posters there i see a fnord =p. now flamevault 2 is just unoriginal and lame. Searyx aint got nothin on Megalo!

Goddammit whatever happened to the "you work at taco bell, i own a superduper ferrari and get all teh women. you are lame cause you post here even tho i hit f5 every 5 seconds i am uber because i have a rice rocket harharhahrhar" flames?
Skunki Goldenheal
Retired!
Hammerstalker PE
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hammerstalker PE »

*sniff*

Those were the days!

Now back on topic prs!
Hammerstalker Ironforge
65th High Priest of War

Hammr Bloodforge

58th Battletank
Fizzlewhip
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Fizzlewhip »

I think people misinterpret the usage of the donation scenario

Let see if i can clarify (probably not)

Try to answer the questions I asked.

If this were YOUR personal board, would you run it any different? Would you expect people to follow your rules, whether implied or implicit? Would you make mistakes, and allow your anger, or disappointment, to get the better of you?

This board is for the community. But posting here is a priviledge. One provided by Xou and Py. They are putting in most if not all the work, and taking all the flack for it. How many of you put in any work on this board? Helped move it to a new server, did any of the research for prices and services, switched the DNS and other services and made sure the got populated?

If you then did that, and were flamed, how would you react?
Perhaps if you think of that before flaming them for favoritism.

I fear that I have not made my point, and at this moment the proper words escape me. I am not saying that just because you have donated or not you do not get special priviledges.
sarlen
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by sarlen »

Damn that was funny Jice.. :lol:
Soriathus Serpentine
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Soriathus Serpentine »

Aranuil wrote:Actually, I think it's time for me to mention pie, and piss Aslanna off some more!
Cake > Pie

All you winey bitches, give Xou a break. I mean the very definition of what this board is makes it near to impossible to moderate.
Soriathus Serpentine - Epic Luminary of the Scaled Mystics
Master of All Trades (See my magelo for trade stats)
Proud Member of Keepers of the Elements

Blumgan says, 'If I could bottle his enthusiasm for the game I'd be rich.'
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

What, are the words too big or your ADD has your mind on something else before you make it to the end of the first sentence?

--
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Soriathus Serpentine wrote: All you winey bitches, give Xou a break. I mean the very definition of what this board is makes it near to impossible to moderate.
This being the crux of the problem Sori. Some people are objecting to the amount of moderating that's going on. Not necessarily the lack of it.

Again, I off a solution: Let's have Xou/Py/TM reiterate the "rules" or limitations or "divine intentions" of the moderators and the posters.

What's done is done, ambiguity remains, let's clear that up and move on to more important topics.
Pahreyia
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pahreyia »

Aslanna wrote:
What, are the words too big or your ADD has your mind on something else before you make it to the end of the first sentence?
I found the first paragraph to be a rather witty and respectable flame. If nothing else, that's what's worth reading.
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Honk wrote:Ahh Megalo! before Searyx. Before the Rebellion.. now thats when the vault was in the good ol days. It brigs a tear to my eye!. reading the posters there i see a fnord =p. now flamevault 2 is just unoriginal and lame. Searyx aint got nothin on Megalo!

Goddammit whatever happened to the "you work at taco bell, i own a superduper ferrari and get all teh women. you are lame cause you post here even tho i hit f5 every 5 seconds i am uber because i have a rice rocket harharhahrhar" flames?

/Taps Foot

" You work at Tack Bell was mine" and it is copyrighted/ :oops:

So I better not catch you using it again or I wil have my lawyers go down on you faster then Elf Girl on a group of FOH's.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Soriathus Serpentine wrote:All you winey bitches, give Xou a break. I mean the very definition of what this board is makes it near to impossible to moderate.
Why do so many people forget about Pyrella?

I never really noticed any favoritism. If they lock a thread is it most likely because the posts became so of topic that it wasn't worth reading anymore. Having to sift through shit to find stuff on topic is really annoying. I am prolly guilty of adding shit to some of those posts as well and for that, I am sorry and will try to refrain in the future.

Personally I think Xou and Py are unbiased when it comes to this board. Now if they made Aranuil a Mod then there would be issues. :wink: