What do you think about the world?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Weather Channel Founder on Global Warming

Post by Canelek »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Canelek wrote:I can't see how you can equate theories of global warming to religion. (Unless Christian science is involved) :P

One of the two may have a happy outcome, eh? :D
You really don't? I can show you literature from over 2000 years supporting christianity. Some of the worlds most intelligent people believe in it, so it must be true.
I see the point you are trying to make, but what I do not understand is how you utterly refute the idea that there is a possibility of a human-caused problem with our global environment. How about this--accept urban pollution and smog as man-made? I'll call it good at that point.

PS: Praise jesus
en kærlighed småkager
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Canelek wrote:
Canelek wrote:I can't see how you can equate theories of global warming to religion. (Unless Christian science is involved) :P

You really don't? I can show you literature from over 2000 years supporting christianity. Some of the worlds most intelligent people believe in it, so it must be true.
I see the point you are trying to make, but what I do not understand is how you utterly refute the idea that there is a possibility of a human-caused problem with our global environment. How about this--accept urban pollution and smog as man-made? I'll call it good at that point.

I don't refute the possibility of this supposed "problem" being helped along by mankind. I just don't buy into the assumptions being made that it definitely is.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Canelek wrote:

I don't refute the possibility of this supposed "problem" being helped along by mankind. I just don't buy into the assumptions being made that it definitely is.
By assumption you mean the considered opinion of an international body consisting of scientists qualified in the field. Where, as you, and lets be fair, are the good news fairy.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Zaelath wrote:
Canelek wrote:

By assumption you mean the considered opinion of an international body consisting of scientists qualified in the field. Where, as you, and lets be fair, are the good news fairy.
Show me the proof. Link it. Opinions are good, but without proof, they are just opinions. You choose to accept those opinions, I choose not to. I don't refute thier opinion, I respectfully choose not to run blindly in one direction based on this opinion. As a decent human being, I'll continue to recycle, not litter, and will purchase "green" (laughable) products over a non-"green" product when the "green" products are equally or lesser priced than the non-"green".
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

If you want to read the whole thing... here's the 2001 IPCC report.

http://www.grida.no/climate/ipcc_tar/

The "Scientific Basis" section is still quite relevant even though it is a bit old. The latest complete report from the IPCC isn't finished yet (still undergoing "governmental review").

Have fun! Come back when you've read the whole thing and give a report to the class.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Let's hope he doesn't hide from this schooling, it wouldn't really be fair :(