Along the lines of Aranuil's post - Geographic Advantage

All discussion moved to Video Game General Discussion
murr
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Along the lines of Aranuil's post - Geographic Advantage

Post by murr »

I posted this on beta boards once but stuff gets so buried there now.. maybe we can get Vannoth to look at it here if people like the idea.
As it stands, aside from Searhus and maybe Ceryshen, there's no real geographical advantage to holding certain bases/towers.
What I'm picturing is an island base with bridges running to the two entrances only..great for defender, really emphasizes air power as well.
Other idea(and there's a lot of options) is to put a base/tower on such a steep incline (with mountains to the back, or a rapezor cliff, or somesuch) so that infantry/maxes cannot climb it (maybe max, but hella slowly). Once again, air power, vehicle transports for infantry, and much more strategic challenge for attackers.
I just get bored of the same ol' flat plain base attacks..
Murr - Fires of Heaven - Black Dragonflight
Shanter
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Shanter »

Great idea, would be sweet taking over/defending a base surrounded by water or some kind of impassable terrain. Would add more depth to seiges and strategies if terrain played a more important part in the game.
Rojer
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Rojer »

Yea that is a cool idea, and the oposite would be cool too, like a base that is deep inside a ravine and you can only access it on 2 sides, even with a plane, make it just completely unentrable from 2 sides. The other 2 are completely blocked by the ravine, in that case it would take OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of skill by either halo jumpers or ground attacks or very quick strafing runs to take the base.

Or- and granted this might be crazy, make a base that has a constant shield above it, that does not allow vehicles or even projectiles to be shot through it, and make it so that the ONLY way to get in, is to jump from a plane. Imagine defending a base that was constantly being dropped on from the sky hah.

Or and I am suprised this hasnt already been done, make a cave base, and make it like have 4 entrances to the cave, but so that planes will have the ability to work, but be very difficult to use in the cave.

I just think something needs to be done to add more variety, I mean granted I love this game to death, and I will be buying it and playing it hardcore apon release, but more variety and new scenarios is always a good thing.
Salis
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Salis »

Cyssor springs to mind for the bridge stuff, our old friend Gunuku... Really I think the main problem for this idea is the same for any FPS. No one wants to fight against a stunningly easy to defend base, why get your ass kicked when you can just wait 15 mins and fight them at somewhere easier. Playing CT on Militia in CS is a prime example, T team would just camp house and shoot seven shades of shit out of anyone who tried to take it. Granted it could be done, but 75% of the time it was a shitty shitty map to be CT on.
Ebumar
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ebumar »

Still one of my favorite to be CT on. I loved going in to houses, dodging awpers, and ak snipers. Then coming up behind them and destroying them all.
Draaxx
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Draaxx »

awp owns the world, you cant touch anyone that has skill and is using one
Justin
Draaxx/Tombe