Bard's Tale (2004)

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Bard's Tale (2004)

Post by Aslanna »

As a fan of the original Bard's Tale.. I'm looking forward to this one.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/543/543291p1.html
The Bard's Tale is a spoof of RPGs, while still being an RPG itself. That means you can expect an epic story, a variety of terrain (lava will be there as will a snow area) and a send-up of just about every RPG convention. Proof of this came quite early for me as I went smashing some barrels in front of a non-descript house. The owner of the house came running at me shouting about how I am costing him money by breaking his barrels.

Turns out, he is a barrel-maker, pretty much the barrel maker for the entire world. While he doesn't want me busting the barrels in front of his home, he comes up with a wicked business proposal: I'm to smash everyone else's barrels. All of them. Because if their barrels are broken, he'll make a fortune since he's the only one who makes barrels. For my due-diligence, I get a small cut of the profits, plus the joy of breaking barrels. Pure genius.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Bard's Tale (2004)

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:As a fan of the original Bard's Tale.. I'm looking forward to this one.
That came out in like 100 years ago!
Kguku
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Kguku »

I went to highschool with a guy who finished all 3 on the C64, mapped every inch of it on graph paper, and didn't cheat once, even when he was attacked by the swarm of nazi's in the first one.

I told him he needed to get out more.
"When you dance with the devil, the devil don't change, the devil changes you."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Bard's Tale (2017)

Post by Aslanna »

Finally, a real sequel to Bard's Tale on it's way! 2017 though so it might be awhile.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/in ... ds-tale-iv
inXile Entertainment is proud to announce an unprecedented crowdfunding offer: anyone who backs The Bard’s Tale IV on Kickstarter in the first 24 hours of the campaign will receive a FREE copy of inXile’s Wasteland 2, or CD Projekt Red's The Witcher, or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. (until 6/3 at 6am, PST)

For all backers of The Bard’s Tale IV at the $20 Reward Tier and above. Wasteland 2 will be delivered on Steam or DRM-Free on GOG.com after the Kickstarter campaign. The Witcher and The Witcher 2 will be delivered on GOG.com.
8ish hours to go for that! Seems like a good deal if you don't mind waiting two years on the second game.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--