Final Fantasy XIII-2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Animalor wrote:Lightning Returns - FFXII-3 is currently 50% off on Games with Gold this month. I picked it up because it reached the price point I had been waiting for.

If I had any expectation that this would come out on current gen machines anytime soon I may have held off but whatever. This will be nice and lengthy and will keep me busy until Destiny ships.
Not bad. I'm still waiting for a cheapie bin physical copy.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote: If I had any expectation that this would come out on current gen machines anytime soon I may have held off but whatever.
FFXIII-3 is an embarrassment that shouldn't be on any platform.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Things I like about this game so far:
The open world and freedom of choice that you have playing it. You can tackle things from a ton of different angles. The combat is pretty hectic and there's so many flashing lights I may have a seizure at any moment. There are a on of side quests and stuff to do aside from the main quest to keep you busy. The Schema system replaces the party. You're essentially playing 3 different characters all the time. It's up to you to decide how you want to build up lightning.

Things I hate about this game: The artificial timer preventing you from ever taking your time to do anything, ever. I mean fuck you SE. Have your "days" start and end at specific story events instead of having a goddamned countdown timer running constantly in the upper right corner of the screen the entire goddamned time. As soon as I realised this, I downloaded the strategy guide so as to miss as little as possible but goddamned it. How does a company make a 40+ hour game where the player is guaranteed to miss most of it on the first playthough? It's absolute horseshit IMO.