Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta out now

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta out now

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

UC3 Multiplayer Beta out now on PSN.

Since Mortal Kwonbat was regionlocked....

Lets see how good you are Veeshanites!

PSN: Kwonryu
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Zygar_ Cthulhukin
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta out now

Post by Zygar_ Cthulhukin »

What's a PS3?
{{{(>.<)}}} (o.o) \\(^o^)// --- I DID IT!!!! -Hiro
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Do you have to get gaystation plus to play it? That would be ultra stupid, but I guess it wouldn't surprise me.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

The Beta is limited to PS+
The 'Welcome Back' offer gave a free month of PS+
So pretty much everyone who has a PSN account more than a 2 months old will have access to it.

There's also a deal now where you get 3 extra months with each paid PS+ sub.
So 15 months for the price of 12.. Works out to $3/month.

The cool thing is it's totally optional.
There's loads of free shit every month and the game/dlc discounts more than make up for the cost.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

afk
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:The Beta is limited to PS+
The 'Welcome Back' offer gave a free month of PS+
So pretty much everyone who has a PSN account more than a 2 months old will have access to it.

There's also a deal now where you get 3 extra months with each paid PS+ sub.
So 15 months for the price of 12.. Works out to $3/month.

The cool thing is it's totally optional.
There's loads of free shit every month and the game/dlc discounts more than make up for the cost.
I honestly would only benefit from it as far as beta/demo access, and that's not worth paying for. Anything else I get on PSN, I get on shared accounts, so I really only pay for like 1/7 of what I get. I wouldn't want to amass a bunch of shit I would lose completely if I cancel it.

Considering how the PSN is structured, I think making beta's/early access to demos for PSN+ is bullshit, it really takes Sony down a peg for me to be honest.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Got this last night, got a good chunk of the way through the campaign, ill probably finish it up tonight. I think dark souls has changed games for me, I'm going to have to start playing games on a harder difficulty, I've been walking through this game, but it's still been a lot of fun!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It's waiting at home for me but damn I'm tired...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'll have it tomorrow. But still working on Arkham City so probably wont put much time into it for awhile. Guess I'll try to Platinum AC. Just have the challenges to go!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

What a fantastic game.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Beat it a bit ago. I played on normal and thought the difficulty went from too easy the first 18 or so chapters to way too hard for the last handful, poor choice in my opinion, but really liked it otherwise. Doubt I'll try it on crushing like I planned to.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Beat it a bit ago. I played on normal and thought the difficulty went from too easy the first 18 or so chapters to way too hard for the last handful, poor choice in my opinion, but really liked it otherwise. Doubt I'll try it on crushing like I planned to.
Well that's disappointing. I played 1 and 2 on Crushing and there were a few tough parts but I managed to make it through. It's all about the Platinums!

How about the final boss fight or whatever? Is it as lame as Uncharted 2 where you just run around in a circle for 20 minutes? Uncharted 1 was basically a QTE but compared to U2 I would have preferred that.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

That final encounter in UC2 really tarnished what was a great game in my opinion. Completely cheap.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Beat it a bit ago. I played on normal and thought the difficulty went from too easy the first 18 or so chapters to way too hard for the last handful, poor choice in my opinion, but really liked it otherwise. Doubt I'll try it on crushing like I planned to.
Well that's disappointing. I played 1 and 2 on Crushing and there were a few tough parts but I managed to make it through. It's all about the Platinums!

How about the final boss fight or whatever? Is it as lame as Uncharted 2 where you just run around in a circle for 20 minutes? Uncharted 1 was basically a QTE but compared to U2 I would have preferred that.
The final boss is just a couple of shots to take down. It's the enemies they have you fighting up to him, they can warp around the screen, throw firebombs and insta kill you at melee range. Add to that you don't really have anywhere to take cover and it's beyond frustrating. I beat one on crushing and could've done two but this one I'm not sure. I could do it but I don't know if it's worth the frustration.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Seriously.. I'm about to rage quit on Chapter 3 or whatever this lame museum level is where you're running away.

(Got it eventually.. I must have had over 30 checkpoint restarts. It just wasn't always obvious where to go!)

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:Seriously.. I'm about to rage quit on Chapter 3 or whatever this lame museum level is where you're running away.

(Got it eventually.. I must have had over 30 checkpoint restarts. It just wasn't always obvious where to go!)
There were a couple points like that throughout the game for me, where I finally got it and wondered how the fuck you were supposed to do it without repeatedly dying.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So far not really impressed with this. And it doesn't sound like it gets better. More "supernatural" shit yay!
I mostly agree with this, the shooting was buggy as hell this time around, like uncharted 1 bad. The thing is they give you a circle aim cursor with a microscopic point in the center. If that point is not dead on the enemy, all of your bullets will pass straight through the target, doing no damage.

Also the melee system is broken for anything besides the bar brawls. It takes way too long to kill any enemy with it, and if you just hit them a couple times and pull out your gun, they seem to be invulnerable for a few seconds, cause I will unload a full clip with the AK into their chest and nothing happens.

The buggy hit detection with their new "recoil" which just makes the cursor bounce around and the fact that the aiming controls in uncharted were never its strong point, makes 3 just a chore in the big fights. And trust me there are several big fights, like 20+ enemies you have to kill before you hit a checkpoint on big playing fields where they come at you from almost all sides.

The "supernatural" enemies, you knew there had to be some, are the biggest cheap-shot I have seen in a game in a long time. They can teleport, which often means right behind you shooting you in the back of the head and killing you before you can even move.

The ending is also quite anticlimactic, and just sort of ends. Honestly I was playing thinking I was approaching the end getting ready for a surprise and a last chapter or 2 when the game completing achievement pops up and I just sat there flabbergasted.

It's not a bad game at all, but after all the fun I had in uncharted 2, 3 is just a letdown for me.
(comment stolen from Kotaku)

I've since gone back to Arkham City and will work on platinuming that. I'll probably end up playing BF3 before getting back to Uncharted 3.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah those are the guys I was talking about, cheap as fuck. Doesn't help that you encounter most of them in groups in tiny ass rooms.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I made it to Chapter 10 so far. Honestly I can only take about an hour of this game at a time. I just can't get into it and It seems more of a chore than a game to me. I'd gladly ask for a refund if I could get it!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Starting my Crushing run. I'll keep Kaldaur up to date how it goes!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

:lol:

Haha, you have to be honest and let us k oe if you throw your controller or do something equally awesome.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Getting close to throwing something. I'm up to the stupid fire demons in the fountain room. 5 enemies that teleport around and kill you in two seconds. Complete bullshit.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah any of the parts with them were complete bullshit. I don't know if I'll be able to bring myself to do it on crushing.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Honestly they really suck but at least they are only in one chapter and mostly just that fountain room since they are in small packs of like 2-3 before then. Having powerful weapons is key. I used the Hammer and Tau Sniper. I did have a few other issues in previous chapters like the one fight where you start out with no gun. Oh and the shipyard stuff but for the most part it wasn't overly taxing.

Crushing... Done! Basically killed those demon guys just after I posted my complaint. Just a few miscellaneous trophies to finish up Platinum.

I'm still not sure what to rate this. Some parts I really didn't like, such as the lame druggy walking, or the pointless desert wandering where all you do it hold the analog stick up for 15 minutes but overall the second half of the game was decent. So maybe 5 for the first half and 9 for the second. Would have been 10 probably for the second half if it wasn't for those cheap demon heads. So that averages out to:

7/10

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Freee MP! Assuming anyone is even still interested in that. I only played UC3 MP to get the online trophies.
To celebrate the second anniversary of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception's release on PlayStation 3, developer Naughty Dog is releasing all of the game's multiplayer maps — including a brand new map, Dry Dock — for free.

Players can download the Flashback Map Pack 1, Flashback Map Pack 2 and Drake's Deception Map Pack from Uncharted 3's in-game store and enjoy Dry Docks in all competitive playlists and custom games, Naughty Dog wrote on its official blog.

The release hits alongside a new patch, bringing Uncharted 3 to version 1.18, that brings extensive balance changes, gameplay tweaks and map adjustments.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8sOhC2aoy4]Video![/url}

--