Next Gen Pre-order

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Next Gen Pre-order

Post by Animalor »

I've decided to cancel my Xbox One Pre-order and forgo the next gen until end of 2014/early 2015. The first year is usually a rush at launch and then a drought of titles for a few months before things pick up in earnest and it becomes worthwhile again.

I'll save the 500$ this year and swing it towards more pressing things.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Next Gen Pre-order

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:I've decided to cancel my Xbox One Pre-order and forgo the next gen until end of 2014/early 2015. The first year is usually a rush at launch and then a drought of titles for a few months before things pick up in earnest and it becomes worthwhile again.

There's a strong possibility I'll skip getting either of them for a while, too. I think back to this generation and there were very few games out in the first six months that I really ended up caring about. I also have an obscene backlog of games between both consoles and PC, so it's not like I have any shortage of games to play.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I was going to get both, then dropped the Xbone. I'll probably get an Xbone when Titanfall releases, but as I've said, that system will be used for exclusives only for the most part.

I'm getting all this on Day 1 from Amazon:

PS4
Sleeping Dogs
AC4
CoD: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Killzone 4

Res0gun on PSN:
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:
Animalor wrote:I've decided to cancel my Xbox One Pre-order and forgo the next gen until end of 2014/early 2015. The first year is usually a rush at launch and then a drought of titles for a few months before things pick up in earnest and it becomes worthwhile again.

There's a strong possibility I'll skip getting either of them for a while, too. I think back to this generation and there were very few games out in the first six months that I really ended up caring about. I also have an obscene backlog of games between both consoles and PC, so it's not like I have any shortage of games to play.
TBH, my backlog is giving me pause as well, along with 22-25ish more games I would like to buy for this gen. (I have a list somewhere)

But... fuck it. New consoles come once a blue moon and I'm getting it eventually, so I decided to jump in with both feet on Day 1.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PS4 is going to have a steady stream of games! I doubt either console really will have the same problem the Wii U has.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Both Xbox One and PS4 will have plenty to keep people entertained the first year. This is the most prepared either company has been for the release of a new console. You'll always have indie games on both platforms to fill and space between major releases. Both companies already announced a ton of titles that will be released in the first year beyond the launch titles.

If choosing one to buy first, based off the launch titles, I'd go Xbox One first as it will have the most and then get the PS4 later if/when their exclusive titles finally become available.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Here's another Res0gun gif. Rumor says this will be free with a PSN account for the PS4. I really hope that rumor turns out to be true.

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What the hell is that? Graphics glitch or is that what it looks like?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:What the hell is that? Graphics glitch or is that what it looks like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-g6Mp-6mQ

And yes it will be a launch title and will be free for PS+ people. I'm sure it's just a $15 value (as in it's no FIFA 14!) but still nice to get new stuff for 'free'.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:What the hell is that? Graphics glitch or is that what it looks like?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-g6Mp-6mQ

And yes it will be a launch title and will be free for PS+ people. I'm sure it's just a $15 value (as in it's no FIFA 14!) but still nice to get new stuff for 'free'.
Seems it might just be free for EU people. At least according to this list. Or maybe it just hasn't been announced yet. Will find out in a few weeks!

--