The Official NextBox Thread!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: The Official NextBox Thread!

Post by kyoukan »

Yeah the damage is already done.

What a weird thing that console is. The notion of having to throw a dishcloth over a mandatory video camera so Steve Ballmer can't work up a sweat watching me play Halo in my bra is just something I thought I'd never have to consider.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

user comment on Giantbomb story: "Now they should call it the Xbox 180."

hahahah
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

At least Sony lets their console be released before taking away features... Microsoft hates their customers!
You win some, you lose some. In changing its drastic Xbox One DRM policies today, Microsoft will actually be cutting some of the cooler features announced from the console. Everything's got a price, folks.

"There’s a few things we won’t be able to deliver as a result of this change," Marc Whitten, v.p. of Xbox Live told Kotaku, "One of the things we were very exicted about was 'wherever we go my games are always with me.' Now, of course, your physical games won’t show up that way. The content you bought digitally will. But you’ll have to bring your discs with you to have your games with you. Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won’t be able to deliver at launch."

That means that two features are being cut, at least for now, from Microsoft's Xbox One plans. Microsoft's concept of having your full game library travel with you is gone.

Microsoft's offer to let you share Xbox One games with up to nine other "family" members is gone, too.

The play-your-games-from-anywhere feature had been tied to the idea that all Xbox One games must be installed to the system's 500GB harddrive in order to run. In theory, if you had registered the game online—a requirement that's also been dropped for disc games for the Xbox One—you'd then be able to play those games from any other console you were logged into. Now, with disc games not needing to be registered, you'd have to bring the disc with you to prove you had the rights to play the game on it.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

kyoukan wrote:user comment on Giantbomb story: "Now they should call it the Xbox 180."

hahahah
Well that'll be a hard one to top, haha.

You have no idea how close I was to cancelling my preorder. I'm glad I didn't. Kudos to them for the reversal. I honestly thought they would not change the policy.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You can still cancel it you know!

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Goddamnit. All the cool features like diskless play and the 10 person family sharing are gone too. Could Microsoft not have made either scenario an account preference and made both available?

Fucking, stuck in the past whiners.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

You can still go discless, just buy everything in digital form.

But yeah, that would've been a cool feature. I don't really care about the rest but I have a hard time believing publishers would let that fly anyway.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Goddamnit. All the cool features like diskless play and the 10 person family sharing are gone too. Could Microsoft not have made either scenario an account preference and made both available?

lol don't blame the "whiners" if Microsoft removes features blame Microsoft. If they really believed in what they were doing, and thought it would be commercially viable, they should have stuck to their guns.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Fairweather Pure wrote:You can still go discless, just buy everything in digital form.

But yeah, that would've been a cool feature. I don't really care about the rest but I have a hard time believing publishers would let that fly anyway.
The diskless aspect will work fine with the digital downloaded. The sharing however will not in any scenario.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bunch of god damned idiot consumers out there.

If they are able to eventually maintain the online sharing for digitally purchased games it will still be sweet. Physical disk babies will get to drag their game to a friend's house. Whopee! I'd still much rather buy digitally and have the freedom to play on any console.

Keep buying those disks! Need some more details but this might just pacify the disk idiots and allow those that buy digitally to take advantage of the other sharing features. I image they'll be able to come up with modified system that lets you register digitally purchased games and let the disk people play with themselves.

Disks will fade fast so if this helps fuck Sony over a little faster, so be it. The people claiming victory now get to stick a physical disk in the tray whenever they want to play. Grats! Most of these moron whiners will buy digital anyway as soon as they wrap their heads around the concept.

It's a giant step backward. Sony fucked everyone.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:It's a giant step backward. Sony fucked everyone.
So Sony removed features from the XBO? Interesting.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:You can still go discless, just buy everything in digital form.

The diskless aspect will work fine with the digital downloaded. The sharing however will not in any scenario.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update
These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.
That's why I specifically said diskless and said nothing about the sharing at all!
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:It's a giant step backward. Sony fucked everyone.
So Sony removed features from the XBO? Interesting.

Indirectly yes. Going for the quick PR stunt which ultimately won't help them, combined with idiots that sucked it all in, did the trick. Sony will lose most of the "potential" converts and are still left with crap online and support capabilities. I can see why Sony is scared to death of online anything since they've managed to fuck up simple firmware updates multiple times. Sony likes to abandon things left and right. Hows HOME looking for the PS4? Ah, that's right. Another online fail.
One of the people there suggested that by their estimation last year, there were only around 15,000 active unique users in Home. He did not define what he meant by active, but the bottom line is that they felt they could not justify the effort to make any more Home related content. Certainly a far cry from the 27+ million "registered" users Sony claimed last year.
We'll see how things play out over the first six months of the next console generation after launch.

It looks like Microsoft went overboard with a bazillion vents and cooling system for Xbox One so the RRoD is less likely. PS4 offers less features so there's not much they can take away from customers this time unless they want to claim that nobody wants standard rumble again at the last minute...probably true after they experience the new advanced rumble of the Xbox One controller.

One thing they could take away is Six Axis and I doubt anyone would even notice.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:Indirectly yes. Going for the quick PR stunt which ultimately won't help them, combined with idiots that sucked it all in, did the trick.
Winnow literally less than one day after the Sony press conference wrote:I pre-ordered a PS4 online for launch day pick-up at a local Best Buy. Charged me full price so hopefully that means I'll get it at launch. Didn't order the camera for now.

Still deciding on pre order for Xbox One. I may wait a bit.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

MOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow literally less than one day after the Sony press conference wrote:I pre-ordered a PS4 online for launch day pick-up at a local Best Buy. Charged me full price so hopefully that means I'll get it at launch. Didn't order the camera for now.

Still deciding on pre order for Xbox One. I may wait a bit.
Yeah deush, and my reasoning had nothing to do with sharing, it had to do with Kinect.
smarter than you wrote:I'd like them to drop the kinect requirement. Even though I'd get one with kinect, I don't want it to be mandatory.
"There are some things -- the family sharing stuff is an example -- where as we move to this system, that functionality goes away," Whitten told us. Another such piece of functionality the console's losing: digitally accessible versions of disc-based games. "You're gonna see your online content but you won't see your physical discs," he said. Should you choose to purchase those games digitally, of course, they'll show up as part of your online persona.
The above is from Engadget. Hopefully that means that those that choose to buy digitally can still remote access their games.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:Winnow literally less than one day after the Sony press conference wrote:
:eating:
Winnow wrote:smarter than you wrote:
:B-fly:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

SNE down 5% today, GME (Gamestop) up 5% after hours. MSFT up .03 (probably the entire market cap of Sony!) after hours.

Guess that worked out well for Sony.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

You weren't as worried about Sony's share value when you were lined up with the rest of the sheeples pre-ordering a PS4. Maybe if you pre-ordered a Xbone then Microsoft wouldn't have had to flip-flop on their revolutionary user-friendly DRM that would have made our lives so much easier. YOU are the one that took these features away from us! I HATE YOU!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:Yeah deush, and my reasoning had nothing to do with sharing, it had to do with Kinect.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Indirectly yes. Going for the quick PR stunt which ultimately won't help them, combined with idiots that sucked it all in, did the trick.
lol PR stunt. What they did was what they planned to do all along. There was nothing stunty about it. If you're pissed at anyone direct your troubled gaze at Microsoft instead of blaming everyone else.
<incoherent rambling about Home>
Who gives a Fuck about Home? Your posts are getting more painful to read by the day.

--
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Playstation Home is the watermark that stupid pedophiles use to gauge the viability of a network.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I assume if true, this would also get rid of the requirement that indie people get a publisher to release their games, in which case I might consider this a choice again, but I'm still leaning towards the PS4, if I get either.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's funny because it's the XBO people that are the "fucking ingrates". As a PS4 person I was hoping MS would have left all that stuff in there so their console would die a quick death.
Funkmasterr wrote:I assume if true, this would also get rid of the requirement that indie people get a publisher to release their games, in which case I might consider this a choice again, but I'm still leaning towards the PS4, if I get either.
I'm not sure why you would think that. Don't they also need a publisher to release on the 360?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One re-overtakes PS4 on Amazon bestseller charts
gimp it and the system sells more. Less features = more sales

People have zero reason to go to PS4 now.

better controller
no worries of multiple failed firmware bricks
way better online
and you can sell your stupid used disk to game stop at the cost of outstanding online sharing features
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ignoring the rest of your ignorant bullshit, saying you have to worry about the quality of anything with a PS4 makes you look severely retarded. I am on my 5th 360, and my Kinect sensor's motor stopped working about a month after I got it. I have no faith that their hardware will be any better this time around, and I have zero intention of going through the hassle and cost of having to get replacement consoles again.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:Ignoring the rest of your ignorant bullshit, saying you have to worry about the quality of anything with a PS4 makes you look severely retarded. I am on my 5th 360, and my Kinect sensor's motor stopped working about a month after I got it. I have no faith that their hardware will be any better this time around, and I have zero intention of going through the hassle and cost of having to get replacement consoles again.
Don't think I mentioned hardware anywhere except for stating the the Xbox controller is better.

We won't know on reliability until the new consoles are released. Judging from the newer Xbox consoles, it looks like Microsoft learned their lesson. It also looks like they went out of their way to ventilate the Xbox One and allowed for plenty of space internally.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Funkmasterr wrote:Ignoring the rest of your ignorant bullshit, saying you have to worry about the quality of anything with a PS4 makes you look severely retarded. I am on my 5th 360, and my Kinect sensor's motor stopped working about a month after I got it. I have no faith that their hardware will be any better this time around, and I have zero intention of going through the hassle and cost of having to get replacement consoles again.

why are you wasting your time? he is trolling you for attention.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:
obsess much? if I was seeking attention I'd have drowned it it by now from all the creepy attention you pay me. freak.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

kyoukan wrote:

I know, but I can only ignore it for so long before I feel like I have to contribute to the balance of things.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

It also looks like they went out of their way to ventilate the Xbox One and allowed for plenty of space internally.
Seriously, dude.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Winnow wrote:
kyoukan wrote:
obsess much? if I was seeking attention I'd have drowned it it by now from all the creepy attention you pay me. freak.
You confusing the total disdain I show for how fucking worthless you are as actual attention being paid to you gives me so much insight into how unbelievably broken you are as a person. I would almost feel bad for you if you were not so disgusting.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:
It also looks like they went out of their way to ventilate the Xbox One and allowed for plenty of space internally.
Seriously, dude.
I am serious. The box is huge. They didn't opt for the micro, squeeze everything into the smallest space possible option.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah. They took a PC case and stuck shit in it and called it a console. I guess since nobody is buying Windows 8 this is the only way the can move their shitty OS.

--
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

I guess I am in the minority. I have the XBO preordered and couldn't care about the features they took away. As it is, my 360 is already hardwired to my router. That wasn't going to change. I fucking love the idea of Region Lock because fuck having some asshole scream at you in Portugese in multiplayer for stealing a kill. I would donate an entire paycheck to Steam if they did that. I could care less about the sharing because I don't go over to peoples houses to play anyways. Though I guess it would be cool when I visit family out of state, assuming they would have an XBO. I'm not wild about that rumor about Kinect spying on people as to charge for a movie, that seemed a little stupid, but, I don't play games naked or with my illegal arsenal of dirty bombs and school shooting automatic weapons to care what they see.

All in all, XBox fucked up. They should just make it optional (the DRM, Region lock should be automatic, not sure what DRM has to do with that, since many games do it now), so those that whine about it can not have it. Hell, make them pay more. That'd be a hoot.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Yeah. They took a PC case and stuck shit in it and called it a console. I guess since nobody is buying Windows 8 this is the only way the can move their shitty OS.
The beauty is whether people buy Win 7 or Win 8, Microsoft keeps on making money. As previously shown on this thread where kyoukan was shown to be a complete moron, Microsoft isn't hurting for revenue.

You need to make the move to OSX or Linux. Be a difference maker!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:You need to make the move to OSX or Linux. Be a difference maker!
I'm not moving to those two for the same reason I'm not upgrading to Windows 8. It's pointless and serves no purpose. My OS does just fine for what I do on a daily basis.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Uh. Maybe because the PS4 launch day consoles are all sold out? You might want to check up on how it works.

If you look at the overall best sellers for 2013 you see PS4 at #2 and XBO at #7.

So once again you fail when it comes to "Charts".

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Uh. Maybe because the PS4 launch day consoles are all sold out? You might want to check up on how it works.

If you look at the overall best sellers for 2013 you see PS4 at #2 and XBO at #7.

So once again you fail when it comes to "Charts".
The Xbox One and PS4 are currently sitting in first and second place in its PC and Video Games Chart, with Microsoft’s machine pipping PS4’s sales by 2.3 per cent.
Pipped by 2.3 percent!

Was watching Euro sales since that's where everyone says the Xbox has problems selling as opposed to the US were the 360 crushed the PS3. More impressive that the "American" focused TV Xbox One is outselling the PS4 over there at a higher price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-PC ... RP9JX2RGZ7

Of the two consoles, Xbox One is leading atm. (updated hourly) And it's not the PS3 launch day edition. Kinda figure that would be a wee bit more on point after the major DRM announcement than overall sales.

The chart is updated frequently so the rankings might change but Xbox is still ahead when I posted this.

Xbox One is also ahead on the American Best Seller list as well atm:

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-vide ... f=sv_vg_11

PS4 also has a bunch of gay bundles (in the US, not UK) as well so can't really make much of it except that the announcement made a difference and is selling more Xbox Ones than before.

Xbox One was also leading PS4 in pre-order sales before E3 so PS4's DRM stunt and price made at least a temporary difference. Even at 100 more expensive, all it took was for Microsoft to appease the morons that want physical disks over the much better online sharing system they had in place. Sony still fucked everyone with their desperation to try and sell a couple consoles.

I'd be shocked if Sony can't sell more initial units at $100 less per box than the Xbox One. If Microsoft managed to outsell them even with that price difference and all the PR drama, Sony may as well give it up and sell all of their divisions except for their profitable insurance that kyoukan is all excited about. Lets make it a race Sony!
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

I, for one, can't wait to play halo in my bra with the added excitement of not only Microsoft employees but also the NSA getting all hot and bothered watching me. Boom, headshot...if you know what I mean.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dakanaf wrote:I, for one, can't wait to play halo in my bra with the added excitement of not only Microsoft employees but also the NSA getting all hot and bothered watching me. Boom, headshot...if you know what I mean.

Considering you thought a garbage truck was a Russian tank, I think we can discount your opinion on this particular issue!
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Um, North Korean, and it was a gas dispensing vehicle disguised as a garbage truck, completely different!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dakanaf wrote:Um, North Korean, and it was a gas dispensing vehicle disguised as a garbage truck, completely different!
That's a little more realistic. Your participation is noted!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:Goddamnit. All the cool features like diskless play and the 10 person family sharing are gone too. Could Microsoft not have made either scenario an account preference and made both available?

Holy shit, the "sharing" function was BS the entire time. Check out this NeoGAF thread about the actual details. It's crazy!

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=598291

The Xbox One Hour
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Here's Aaron Greenberg (Chief of Staff at the Xbox division) saying that those claims are false on the record in public (twitter)

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/stat ... 2057379840
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Of course that's what they'd say. Not like it can be proved otherwise at this juncture. Microsoft is evil. I wouldn't even put it past them to re-implement the DRM stuff in a couple years. I mean it's just a firmware update so if they can disable it they can easily turn it back on!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It sounds more like he is confirming it was true in that tweet to me!

Besides, the left hand hasn't had any clue what the right is doing over at MS lately. Just look at Major Nelson left with his dick in his hand the other day with his "We're not changing anything. We're confident with our strategy" only to have MS immediately roll over right on top of him and he's the fuckin' Program Manager of XBL!

I just never believed for a second that I would be able to let 10 people play my Xbone games as much as they wanted for free on their own console. It went against everything else the DRM was trying to accomplish and honestly was way too good to be true.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Of course that's what they'd say. Not like it can be proved otherwise at this juncture. Microsoft is evil. I wouldn't even put it past them to re-implement the DRM stuff in a couple years. I mean it's just a firmware update so if they can disable it they can easily turn it back on!
Sony can sure take things away like Linux support...or I guess they can't this time since they dumbed down their console this round.

What Microsoft can do is enable family sharing for digital downloads at a later date to give those smart enough to buy digital copies much more flexibility in sharing their games.