Inside Job

Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Neroon
Gets Around
Gets Around

Inside Job

Post by Neroon »

Just watched this yesterday. Documentary of the 2008 financial crisis narrated by Matt Damon. It actually explains what happened pretty darned well. The most disturbing part is how the major players that got rich fucking the system are still the major players now....
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Inside Job

Post by masteen »

They're even more major. Cabinet posts and shit.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Inside Job

Post by Zamtuk »

I just watched this and it was ok. It did a fair job assessing a lot of the major factors, but couldn't really seem to settle on where to place the blame. It wasn't nearly as liberally biased as I expected which was a huge plus, but it really seemed messy at the end. The last part of the documentary seemed to be spreading blame in every direction without much focus.

Another thing that bothered me was the blatant editing jobs with the interviews. I like most of them, but a few times it looked as if they cut to a part where the subject had no idea what he was talking about.

6/10
Fuck Michigan!