Speedy Upgrades

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Speedy Upgrades

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I threw a new Intel X25-M 120 GB Solid State Drive into my PC along with a USB 3.0 Adapter, then downgraded my Raptor drive (music/pics/games) as a backup internal drive along with the existing 3T WD internal (purely as backup drive). All of this working together shows a real performance boost! I'm really impressed with the SSD. I have my OS and a few games on my SSD, with the Raptor holding the majority of my other media. I have two 3T external drives running off USB 3.0 and a 1.5 T and 2T external running off of USB 2.0.

I also redid my video streaming to Xbox and plan on reorganizing a great majority of my media later this week.

The SSD is fast as fuck, but I really have to watch the space! It actually makes me have to clean up as I go!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Speedy Upgrades

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I just bought my first 3T external and moved all my movies to it (cept fer the training films). I only have 545gb left available on that drive now. So I have now 2x 1T drives, a 2T drive, and now the 3T drive. I'll probably get another 3T just to backup or catch overflow. I do plan on building a new machine before SWTOR comes out. At least that is the excuse I'm giving the wife. I plan on doing the same with the SSD drive. Just big enough to hold a few games and then all the other data goes on either an external or a secondary internal drive.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: Speedy Upgrades

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The USB 3.0 upgrade is essential when transferring large amounts of data like you and I do, Bubba. It takes 1/4 the amount of time. On my 3T Movie drive, I have 848 MB left and it makes me sad. I still have so much more to add! I just added Critters, Sucker Punch, and Rango. My collection has a little bit of everything!