Child of Eden

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Child of Eden

Post by Animalor »

I was very curious but thought the 49$ price point was way too steep for what I assumed it was so I threw a few bucks Blockbuster's way and rented it.

If you've played Rez HD, you've pretty much played this. The gameplay is about the same but the graphics in this are much nice but the overall game is a LOT shorter.
The game itself is very pretty. The gameplay with Kinect was also very well done and the overall product is fun.

However the entire package IMO is not worth the price. The Kinect gameplay Kinect can also probably be easily emulated with 2 PS Move controllers. There was nothing overly complex here that Move can't do. I also wasn't as impressed by the Kinect integration as a lot of the reviewers seemed to be. What was done with Your Shape or Dance Central was much more technically impressive that that Q! did here.

I will confess that this really has me hoping that they patch Rez HD with Kinect support. That would be sweet.
Last edited by Animalor on June 21, 2011, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Child of Eden

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:The Kinect gameplay Kinect can also probably be easily emulated with 2 PS Move controllers. There was nothing overly complex here that Move can't do. I also wasn't as impressed by the Kinect integration as a lot of the reviewers seemed to be. What was done with Your Share of Dance Central was much more technically impressive that that Q! did here.
Can you make 2 Move controllers function in that fashion? Usually 1 is for 1 person and another is for Player 2. Along with the nunchuck thingies.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Oh yeah definately.

Sports champions worked like that with the volley ball, sword fighting and archery games. Worked quite well actually.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Aslanna wrote:The Kinect gameplay Kinect can also probably be easily emulated with 2 PS Move controllers. There was nothing overly complex here that Move can't do. I also wasn't as impressed by the Kinect integration as a lot of the reviewers seemed to be. What was done with Your Share of Dance Central was much more technically impressive that that Q! did here.
It's really the only way to play Move games. Meanwhile, the stick portion of the Move controller has never been used in my house. Waste of money. Just get 2 Move Nav wands if you ever see them at bomba prices.