Movie, DVD, and TV reviews and discussion

Moderators: Abelard, Drolgin Steingrinder

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Wilderness (2006)

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It's more of a thriller as oppossed to a horror movie, but whatever.

A group of teenagers and their prision guard are sent off to a remote island to do team building and bonding exercisese after one of their fellow inmates commits suicide. Once they get there, they happen to run into the kid's father who happens to be a GODDAMN MILITARY SPECIAL FORCES WHACK JOB!!1!1!

You gotta love a synopsis that basically explains the entire movie from start to finish. I literally have nothing else to add. WYSIWYG

Hey look, an Irish movie! It stars Irish people! Weeeeee!

This director also did a movie I reviewed last year called "Deathwatch". You should check that out too. His name is Michael J. Bassett and I got my eye on him! In 2009 he did a film called "Solomon Kane" that has reviewed really well overseas. I'll just buy the DVD as soon as it's available stateside. This guy has built up enough street cred with me.

In case you didn't notice, "enjoyment" is easily my largest expectation when I watch a movie. Was I entertained? Did I enjoy the experience? This movie, like far too many I have seen lately, is terribly formulaic yet surprisingly entertaining. There are several things I could nit pick with this film, but at the end of the day I had fun watching it. It was actually downright riviting at times. I tell you what, fuck dogs. They are used several times in this movie to horrible affect. A pack of trained attack dogs will kill shit fast. Everythime I heard a dog whistle blown in this movie, I was thinking the exact same thing as the kids in the move. "OH FUCK! RUN! RUN RIGHT FUCKING NOW!"

7/10

Streaming on Netflix but I would add this one to the collection if I saw it cheap enough.