Support, Discussion, Reviews
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

AirVideo is the best iPhone/pad app I paid for

Post by Fairweather Pure »

2.99$

This app allows you to stream any video on your PC to your iPhone/iPad. You have to DL a server app from the homepage, then everything else is managed from your device. It will convert and stream movies on the fly. Xvid, divix, ect. have all worked so far. The real kicker for me is that it also permantely converts files to mpeg 4, all for 2.99$. I've bought 2 different programs since I've gotten an iPhone in order to try and convert all the movies I ripped from DVDs for my Zen, but they've either not worked or been too involved and time consuming to do it. Thanks to this app, I can que up my existing .avi files on the fly and they can simply be dropped into iTunes to play on both iPad or my iPhone.

My iPhone/Pad movie library is now over 200 movies. I also have TV series like South Park seasons 1-10, Firefly, and American Dad seasons 1-3.

It will take me awhile to convert them all, but it's all remote so it's pretty easy!

Best of all, my friends with iPhones can now all stop by with their external HDs and have hundreds of movies as well.

2.99$!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: AirVideo is the best iPhone/pad app I paid for

Post by Winnow »

Been looking for a nice on the fly encoder for the iPad. This looks like a good one. Thanks for the tip.