LCD Replacement

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

LCD Replacement

Post by Soreali »

So i've come to the conclusion that LCD on my MSI gaming laptop is shot and needs to be replaced. Long story short water got in the laptop, took it apart to dry and when I put it back together the only thing the LCD displayed was white. Check all the connections etc. but no dice. The laptop itself works fine when plugged into an external display. So my question is, does anyone have any experience in replacing a laptop LCD? Looks to be relatively easy and I found a site with a good walk through on how to replace the LCD on my laptop.. just looking for opinions on how difficult it's going to be.
Timmah.

Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: LCD Replacement

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Done hundreds. LCD is normally one of the easier things to replace unless the design absolutely sucks or is a tablet. Most of them it is basically take off the keyboard, unplug the video cable and wireless card antennas, remove a few screws from each side where the hinges attach and pull the whole LCD off. You can then unscrew the plastics and take the panel out and plug the cables in etc. Probably a 30 minute job for most systems.
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Re: LCD Replacement

Post by Soreali »

I found this link thanks to good old google http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=455694

Seems like its a pretty easy thing to do especially with that walk through.. gonna look for the replacement LCD on ebay today and give it a shot.

Thanks Kil
Timmah.