Favre wants REVENGE!!!

What do you think about the sports world?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Favre wants REVENGE!!!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Consider the source though. It is a Yahoo story.

Source: Favre can't stand Green Bay, wants revenge
The New York Daily News believes that Brett Favre's football soul can't rest until he get revenge on the Green Bay Packers. That is why the Daily News believes Favre will end up playing in Minnesota before the season starts.

A source told the Daily News Favre needs revenge on the Packers. He wants back into the NFC North so he can face the Packers twice. The Bears traded for Jay Cutler and the Lions drafted Matthew Stafford. Hello, Minnesota.

If Favre was planning to stay retired, why would he even request the Jets cut him? The dots? They lead right to Minnesota, exactly where Favre wanted to be traded last year. The Vikes have Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson, meaning Favre can step in and try to write a better ending to his career after he ran out of gas with the Jets and stick it to the Packers at the same time, the Daily News reported.

"Favre can't stand Green Bay," the source said. "He wants to play Green Bay and say, 'I told you so.' His bitterness is creating this. I think he's calling Minnesota. I think Minnesota is talking about this as we speak. You haven't heard the end of Favre. No way. He is bionic. As long as somebody will let him in, he will play."
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post ... nfl,160912
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: Favre wants REVENGE!!!

Post by Gzette »

You know, a lot of people are sick of him returning over and over, but not me. I'm a Packer fan, and as long as he's not play for Al Qaeda, I'm fine with it.
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Post by Jice Virago »

Ted Thomson contributed more to the demise of the current era Packers than just the Favre drama, but I think it may be the one thing that ultimately defines his tenure as Packer GM. As big a Favre fan as I am, I think he should just let it go if his motivation is revenge, but he does love playing the game, so who knows where his motives lie at this point? I am for anything that hastens Thompson (and McCarthy's) exit from Green Bay, and Favre comming into town and blowing out the Pack twice in a season would certainly do that. When you consider that under Thomson's watch, they have managed only one winning season (mind you two wins a year against Detroit, who they actually struggled to beat this year, helps pad the stats) and had some of the most horrific off-seasons in NFL history, I have to wonder how he is still GM.

As far as being a Viqueen, well the offense is a good fit for him and the only sign of his age is his lowered tollerance for weather, so the dome suits him well too. He would also have a real defense backing him up (which he had to an extent in NY), so there would be a lot less pressure on him to make plays. I think that when you look at what he did for a 4-12 squad last year, with zero knowledge of the system or division, its obvious he can still play to a high level, provided he paces himself down the stretch to avoid the fall off he had last season. In his prime last year, he beat some of the best teams in the league, so its not hard to imagine what he will do to the woeful NFC north, especially with the Packers trying to transition their defense into a completely different system.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Not too mention with AP as a RB, Favre would not have to scramble ever.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I just want him to retire because that may (hopefully) give that dickhole Kornheiser something else to talk about.

I am also sick of Farve whining during interviews about how hurt he his over his treatment. Blah blah wah wah. He needs to get over it, really.

Hell of a player though, but he doesn't need to turn into Ricky Henderson!

Also, what is it with Bus Cook's clients? Does he train them to get all weepy when their teams don't do what they want?
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Looking at it from what he did with the Jets, I'm kind of torn. He did put up some decent numbers with the Jets but in the end he fell short of taking them to the playoffs. Was it because he ran out of gas at his age? Was it just the team he was on?

When you add in the soap opera type drama, I can't help but think it does hurt his legacy: he could have had his private feud with some management and coaching staff members kept quiet and the rest of the football world would have loved him. Now he's starting to look ridiculous, regardless of whether he has another year left in him or not.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I think all the drama about Favre is ridiculous, and I think that's half his fault and half the media. I don't give a shit if he plays or not. If he wants to play and someone wants him, more power to him.

I don't think his last season was as bad as it's sometimes made out to be. He played good most of the year and fell apart at the end. He was probably hurt. And still, the Jets won a lot more games last year than they did the year before.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

It was an unfortunate series of events to be sure. I had hoped that it was all over with. Apparently "Bitter Brett" isn't over it yet.

I don't see how he can pass the physical with a torn bicep. He threw 9 interceptions in his last 4 games with the Jets. He played so bad that the fans actually boo'd him off the field in the last game. If he does come back as a Viking I think 2 things are likely to happen.
1: We will get a lot of interceptions next year.
2: Favre's Jersey will never get retired in Green Bay. The only worse sin would be if he went to go play for the Bears.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Gossip. Favre's legacy will always be what he did on the football field in a Packer's jersey.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Haven't I been saying this for...years?

http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 22&t=16450

December 11th 2005!

Takes others awhile to catch on!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

According to the rumors here in GB, if Favre has his surgery we can expect to see him in a Viking jersey by the end of training camp. The surgery he needs only has a 4-5 week recovery time. Plenty of time for him to recover and avoid all the OWA and minicamp bullshit he hates.

They said on the radio that should he become a Viking, instead of retiring his number they should make 4 the perm number of the punter. :lol:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

That would be petty! I don't see why him going to any other team would diminish his accomplishments. I could see that happening with east coast fans since they are a bunch of goons but Green Bayers should be more civilized that that.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I think it has more to do with the rivalry and the fact that Favre would go there of all places. The only place worse that he could go would be the Bears. At this point nothing can help Detroit.

Personally I think he should play until he drops. I don't care where he plays. It will be more dramatic for us though if he goes to the vikings.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

SIGH! He's back. Signing this afternoon with the Vikings.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

He's like a zombie. As I said above, though I remain a Packer fan, I'm pretty psyched about this. Packer/Viking games just became some of the most dramatic we'll see this year.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The Vikings may very well win the Super Bowl this season.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

What in his performance last year would make you believe that?

He had a couple good weeks last season, but the last 7 or so weeks he cost them the playoffs. He is a year older I can't imagine that helps either.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Tyek wrote:What in his performance last year would make you believe that?

He had a couple good weeks last season, but the last 7 or so weeks he cost them the playoffs. He is a year older I can't imagine that helps either.
He'll be on an all-around better football team. Plus, Adrian Peterson.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I think the Vikings had a pretty good team before him, I just don't think he makes them significantly better.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I admit being dumb about football. But can holding out that long, even if it wasn't his fault, help any? When it the first regular game? I think that's what will hurt him more than anything. I think Green Bay will win when they play Minnesota. And it wont be revenge Favre has it will be humiliation. He should have gone out on top.. Or at least after a winning season.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Aslanna wrote:I admit being dumb about football. But can holding out that long, even if it wasn't his fault, help any? When it the first regular game? I think that's what will hurt him more than anything. I think Green Bay will win when they play Minnesota. And it wont be revenge Favre has it will be humiliation. He should have gone out on top.. Or at least after a winning season.
Simply, he didn't want to participate in the rigors of pre-season training.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Leonaerd wrote:
Aslanna wrote:I admit being dumb about football. But can holding out that long, even if it wasn't his fault, help any? When it the first regular game? I think that's what will hurt him more than anything. I think Green Bay will win when they play Minnesota. And it wont be revenge Favre has it will be humiliation. He should have gone out on top.. Or at least after a winning season.
Simply, he didn't want to participate in the rigors of pre-season training.

Or an extra steroid cycle to help heal himself up faster :shock:
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

He is the new Roger Clemens. Just wait! He will bounce from team to team, playing only home games, with his own clubhouse and trainers....for about 20 million per "season".

Short-term, he fits the Vikings pretty well since they obviously have no top-tier QB (I can relate, being a Broncos fan). That said, Favre is not really a top-tier QB anymore, aside from ticket sales and jersey revenue. I am thinking that they want to be solid for this season (which I think they will) and then go after a free agent QB or totally score in next year's draft.

As for Favre...well, as much as I am tired of him, he is smart for padding his bank accounts while teams still want him.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Drop Adrian Peterson about 100 spots on your fantasy football lists. Favre will be taking things into his own hands, faking the hand off to ADP and then chucking balls as far as he can throw them in the general direction of his receivers, with a few girly side handed flip passes to linebackers in between.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

The real shame is that his legacy, at least here in Green Bay, won't be his incredible game play but how much of a flip flopping dick he became at the end.

Personally I think this is great for the NFL and even more so for Minneapolis and Green Bay. Those games will draw so many people to the stadium and surrounding area that it will be incredible for businesses. The NFL will be so much more fun to watch this year as a result.

As far as Brent goes? Meh.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

You're funny, like a jilted ex-boyfriend.

"I don't even remember her name anymore, brah!" :p

You should just remember the 15 great years you had together, and try not to focus on the last couple. Didn't they basically force him out because they wanted to groom his successor? Can't blame a guy for having a tough time walking away from the only thing he's ever loved (except maybe his family, and his painkillers).
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Much like last year, he's going to have some early success, but once teams have current film to study, he's going to be exposed as the washed-up has-been he is. He won't develop any real synch with his receivers, his backs won't sacrifice block for him, and he's going to possibly break the single season interception mark, as well as padding his career int record.

Any success the Viks have will be due to the same thing as last season: a fierce defense and AP, but as winnow said, Brett is addle brained enough to audible away from the guaranteed 5 yards per carry that AP give them to go for his percocet fueled hero bullshit far too often.

Now more than ever before, I hope I draft in the bottom of the first round in my fantasy leagues.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

The major differences being:

He will be running basically the same offense he did under Holmgren, which he can do in his sleep underwater with the lights off.

Winning the entire game will not be his sole responsibility (look at his numbers in GB when he had Green healthy).

He has arguably the best defense backing him up of his entire career.

A major reason the Jets faded down the stretch, aside from his arm needing the surgery, was their defense basically running out of gas and people exploiting the weak spots. Remember that the washed up has been lit up both the (at the time) #1 rated Titans and the Patriots, so calling him a washed up has been may be a bit premature. The Vikes have a pretty tame schedule, outside of Baltimore and the Steelers, thanks to playing in the shithouse that is the NFC North. Getting into the playoffs was probably a given for them before Favre signed up, honestly. The real games to watch and evaluate things will be those two middle AFC games, especially the Pittsburg one. Thats what will tell you how far they will make it into the playoffs, which if the Cardinals cinderalla run demonstrates anything, it is that the NFC is literally anyone's game.

Finally, if I can take the Favre cock out of my mouth for a moment to comment about GB, the best thing about this situation, from my perspective, is that if Favre comes into GB and sweeps the fucking team (and I think he will, given the GB defense and the transition they are attempting this season to a new system on top of that) it will be the needed push to get Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy canned so that we can get an actual aggressive GM and coach in there again. Dumping Favre is not why TT and MM need to go. Years of atrocious draft choices and no free agent aquisitions while letting talent leave to have probowl seasons in the same fucking division (hi2u Sharper) are. Everyone screamed that Mike Sherman had to go, but his record as a GM is better than Thompsons and his draft picks actually have some pro bowl selections, instead of riding the fucking pine on injured reserve year after year.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Sylvus wrote: Didn't they basically force him out because they wanted to groom his successor?
Thompson had been pushing him to leave from the day he signed Rogers, who had a rep for being a stat padder who could not finish games in college as well, but thankfully he has proven more durable than he did then. He did this with a number of people who he claimed were washed up, but many went on to have multiple high productive seasons with other teams, including some pro bowl appearences. The most glaring examples are Ryan Longwell and Daren Sharper, who went to the Vikings, but there have been others. It was frustrating to watch a team be constantly on the cusp a descent playoff run, only for Thompson to trade off talent, not spend a dime on any free agents to plug holes (especially on the D-Line), and constantly draft mediocre recievers. We went went for three years as the team with the most cap room in the league, while Thompson slowly choked the life out of the team to make it "his" team with "his" people.

The fact that Mike McCarthy's testicles crawl all the way up to his sternum every time he has a three point lead did not help the situation either. I think a big part of Roger's problem is the lack of aggressive calls being made on offense affecting his confidence. It must suck to win the job over Favre only to have your coach try and run on every third and short with a no name back, instead of trying even some basic play action. End result, a third of our wins come off of Detroit, who we had to work to beat.

Dwight Eisenhower
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

I'm kinda like Can-0-beer: I don't really blame Favre for padding the bank account as long as people want to pay him. His "legacy" won't pay for much but another season and another couple mill buy his wife a new house or whatever the hell they want to buy.

As for Favre vs Tarvaris Jackson, I don't know the Vikings are really making themselves better. Yes, Favre has experience but Jackson has been gaining experience and improving, and has more time with this offence. We all know about Favre's ability to throw the ball but thats also a skill that starts to fade as the years march on and I wonder if it has something to do with the number of interceptions he's thrown the last couple of years (in addition to his willingness to force some throws at times).

I also agree with Jice that the NFC is a crapshoot. The Superbowl was a lot of fun to watch but by and large the Cardinals making it there was almost a miracle. Who's to say the Vikes can't perform it this year? There's no one in their division that stands out (like the NFC west last year) and once they're in, all it takes is a good roll.
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sorry but I have to chime in.

I don't know if it's worse constantly hearing Green Bay fans whining like little bitches and pretending they don't care that the one good thing that ever came out of their sorry little town has gone to the enemy, or the MN people that can't get off his dick every time he changes his mind (which seems to be about in sync with the wind changing direction). I'm just tired.of.hearing.about.him.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funkmasterr wrote:Sorry but I have to chime in.
You really shouldn't have.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Well 16 years is a long marriage in most respects. The divorce wasn't pretty and now both sides are bitter. Many have really moved on but the media is going to ride this cash cow until it dies.

I can't say as I'm saddened by the fact that he looked like shit on Friday. I expected as much due to the short practice schedule and him not knowing anything. It was still nice to see though. I'm talking as a Packers fan watching the rival's QB sucking as opposed to a Favre hater.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Funkmasterr wrote:Sorry but I have to chime in.

I don't know if it's worse constantly hearing Green Bay fans whining like little bitches and pretending they don't care that the one good thing that ever came out of their sorry little town has gone to the enemy, or the MN people that can't get off his dick every time he changes his mind (which seems to be about in sync with the wind changing direction). I'm just tired.of.hearing.about.him.
Cause the Packers are only known for Favre ...

dumbass
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Vince Lombardi? Who is that??

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Bart Starr is the only player to quarterback a team to five NFL championships. Plus, he has those two Super Bowl rings. Guess what team he played for?
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

Spang wrote:Bart Starr is the only player to quarterback a team to five NFL championships. Plus, he has those two Super Bowl rings. Guess what team he played for?

Vikings?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Packers are solid this year.

Cardinals vs Packers in NFC Championship!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Friday will be a good preview. Both teams in their third game (dress rehersal) so the starters will most likely play into the 3rd quarter. I'm looking forward to it. This should be the Packers first true test I believe. Are all those turn overs we got because we did things right or were they handed to us.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

No one cares how Rodgers does in the first three quarters at this point, only the fourth. This is something that can only be corrected in the pre-season by McCarthy unclenching his asshole long enough for Rodgers to make some audibles and take some chances. My real concern is how the revamped defense is going to perform against the pass, especially against a team with a credible tight end recieving threat. That is probably going to be the biggest issue with the transition to the new defense, in my mind.

Dwight Eisenhower
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Al Harris said he is loving the new scheme for the secondary, and believes it will lead to a lot more INTs this year.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Gzette wrote:Al Harris said he is loving the new scheme for the secondary, and believes it will lead to a lot more INTs this year.
Packers led the league in defensive TDs last year so that would be a good thing! I picked them up as my D in my primary FF league.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Winnow wrote:
Gzette wrote:Al Harris said he is loving the new scheme for the secondary, and believes it will lead to a lot more INTs this year.
Packers led the league in defensive TDs last year so that would be a good thing! I picked them up as my D in my primary FF league.
Might have something to do with the fact that our pass defense was so atrocious that people were passing against us constantly, creating more chances to pick off passes. Take a gander at what the average passing rating was against us all year . I am sure four games against Detroit and Chicago padded that stat considerably, too. The whole reason we are changing schemes is the complete lack of pass pressure. If the linemen actually start getting home on the pass rushes, then the INTs will mean a lot more. Hopefully the rushing defense gets a little less pourous in the second half of games, too, or its back to watching 4th quarters with my asshole cleched all season again.

Dwight Eisenhower
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Watching Arizona vs Green Bay game tonight, some observations;

-Fitzgerald is unstoppable 5/75 first half, business as usual.

-Packers passing offense is scary good. I predict best in NFL this year. Aaron Rogers #1 Fantasy QB.

-The Gimp, Beanie Wells', stock just went way up. This guy has incredible balance and quickness for his size. 4 rushes for 38 yrs, and a very nice TD run. Looked impressive entire 1st half. Way more talented than Hightower. Hightower is one of those RB's that runs hard but right into the defense. Beanie Wells even with this size, jukes defenders and then makes others bounce off him as he sheds them, gaining more yards...man, if he could only stay healthy. Great vision.

-Packer Defense looks good as well. Packers are my pick to play AZ in the NFC Championship.

-Cardinals secondary needs some work
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Nice to see Leinart looking good. Warner's going to take a beating so good chance for Leinart to start some games this year.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Spang wrote:The Vikings may very well win the Super Bowl this season.
Or maybe not.