Gears 2 DLC: Dark Corners

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Gears 2 DLC: Dark Corners

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I DLed and played through the missing chapter on co-op last ight. It took about 30 minutes or so on normal difficulty. I just finished Gears 1 on co-op hardcore, so normal is a fucking breeze. Anyway, it was pretty fun, although uninspired. The real reason to get this is for the new multiplayer maps and, of course, HORDE MODE! For the next week, you will earn double experiance plaing the new maps on various modes. I'll be trying to make time for Horde mode while I can, but this week is a bit busy for me.

Since I'd never DLed any of the map packs, it was a good deal for everything.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Gears 2 DLC: Dark Corners

Post by Chidoro »

Unrelated but I didn't want to search endlessly. I never owned Gears 1, but Gears 2 was price reduced recently. Ho-ly shit. What a fucking amazing looking and playing game. The first 3ish hours keep me cursing at the screen because the visuals and sound and presentation are completely amazing.

fucking stupid wii. How many fucking people are missing out swinging a stupid remote that doesn't feel like a racket or a bowling ball or a dart or any other stupid tool of its respective trade
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I've never been that big of a multiplayer gears fan but I found that the SP, co-op play and the sheer polish of the single player campaigns were well worth the price of admission.

I still long for another Shadowrun-type tactical shooter. That game was pure fun.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Chidoro wrote:Unrelated but I didn't want to search endlessly. I never owned Gears 1, but Gears 2 was price reduced recently. Ho-ly shit. What a fucking amazing looking and playing game. The first 3ish hours keep me cursing at the screen because the visuals and sound and presentation are completely amazing.

fucking stupid wii. How many fucking people are missing out swinging a stupid remote that doesn't feel like a racket or a bowling ball or a dart or any other stupid tool of its respective trade
Why the Wii hate? Not everyone cares about omg great graphics!! A good game is more than just graphics (and sound). What makes you think Wii owners are "missing out" on anything?

Anyway.. I played GoW2 for about an hour. .Controls sucked. Never played it again. The graphics didn't look any better than similar PC games so to me they didn't really stand out as anything special..
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
Chidoro wrote:Unrelated but I didn't want to search endlessly. I never owned Gears 1, but Gears 2 was price reduced recently. Ho-ly shit. What a fucking amazing looking and playing game. The first 3ish hours keep me cursing at the screen because the visuals and sound and presentation are completely amazing.

Why the Wii hate? Not everyone cares about omg great graphics!! A good game is more than just graphics (and sound). What makes you think Wii owners are "missing out" on anything?

Anyway.. I played GoW2 for about an hour. .Controls sucked. Never played it again. The graphics didn't look any better than similar PC games so to me they didn't really stand out as anything special..
Controls suck? I think the controls and cover system are leagues beyond any shooter that's ever been made. But I love the Gears games in general.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Controls suck? I think the controls and cover system are leagues beyond any shooter that's ever been made. But I love the Gears games in general.
If it's not a mouse and keyboard then yeah.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Controls suck? I think the controls and cover system are leagues beyond any shooter that's ever been made. But I love the Gears games in general.

Mouse and keyboard are so 2005.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Aslanna wrote:
I was never a fan of mouse and keyboard for shooters to be honest. I prefer the gears controls (with sensitivity up most of the way) to anything I've played on any platform. Very quick and fluid movement and awesome cover system, I wish more games would take something from Gears cover system.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Gears is one of the first shooters I played that is so obviously made for a console, although Halo 3 had the same feeling. When I first played it, I sucked. I played it for a couple of hours and it's second nature. The duck n cover, run n gun style of Gears is unique and totally satisfying to me. Since consoles are where the majority of developers get their bread buttered now, the entire FPS experiance has been drastically improved since the PS 2 days. I can still play keyboard and mouse on my PC, but there is no real difference between the 2 anymore. My friends that play games on a PC use an Xbox controller whenever they can anyway.

I just played through the new mission in L4D last night and I it just drove home the fact that I never miss having a keyboard/mouse combo over a controller.

On topic, damn Horde mode is good times! This will be one of the long lasting innovations of this generation IMO (right up there with ranking in CoD4). Lots of games are including some version of it in their releases, even RTS games.

I heard Gears 3 will be released on the next gen Xbox. That's a long ways away :( It's a good thing that both Gears games have tons of replayability.