Dirt 2

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dirt 2

Post by Winnow »

Best looking racing game yet.

The tracks and atmosphere are beautiful. Add to that outstanding car physics and you got a great game. Tons of Events, etc to keep you busy.

I replayed the race in slow motion just to see how great everything looked .

The game can be played with car damage only physical or actually affecting your driving. Only Playstation pussies used to Grand Turismo non damage models would play without damage affecting your driving.

As usual, I suck at these games. I managed to come in second to last because I clipped the car in front of me and spun it out. The commentary from the other cars when you hit them is pretty good. Can't emphasize enough how great this game looks. The replay controls are well done. You also have the option of using "flashback" to return to previous point before you totaled your vehicle to keep playing.

They got the balance between fun (not as technical as Forza) and consequences (if you bang walls and other vehicles you're going notice the affect on your car's performance.

Excellent Racer! It's technically a cross country road rally type game but I'm playing tracks that are half dirt and half assault so there's variety. This game even makes Croatia look good.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/dirt2

They mention the detail of the cars and tracks is twice that of the recent "Grid" racer. I believe it.

Edit: I switched from Casual to Easy (there's also medium, Difficult and Extreme for those that can actually race) mode and am having a blast. The second track I tried in Baja, all dirt, is beautiful. Presentation of the game is excellent as well. I think once I get into the swing of things I can bump myself up to casual again.
Last edited by Winnow on September 8, 2009, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Dirt 2

Post by miir »

You don't know much about rally, do you?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:You don't know much about rally, do you?
Stop being a vagina for 2 minutes and talk about the game :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Funkmasterr wrote:
miir wrote:You don't know much about rally, do you?
Stop being a vagina for 2 minutes and talk about the game :)
I fucking loved Dirt (and all the Colin McRae games before it) so it's a no-brainer that I'm gonna be picking this up and playing the shit out of it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I may check it out, I really liked Fuel but I just haven't been playing my console games as much, not being able to be on Live kinda takes something away from it for me, plus I've been playing WoW again..
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The demo was fun. Pretty game too. However, Paradise City fills any urges I have to race. I will get it when I see it for 20$ or less.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow, did you actually play the game for more than 10 minutes?

Didn't think so....

Anyway.
The game is fucking excellent.
The awesome menus from Dirt have been enhanced and spliced with the cool menu features from Grid.
The voiceover work is actually pretty decent. A lot of racing games have annoying and repetitive voicework.
There is a good selection of event types ranging from rally, rally-cross, gatecrasher, time trials and baja style desert racing.

The AI is superb. Other drivers get very aggressive if you bump them too many times. They can spin out, crash out and I've even seen them force each other off the road.

The game has a leveling/XP system. As you level up, more tracks and events become available. Winning (or placing) events isn't the only way to gain XP. There are 'missions' that award XP for various events like drifting for X meters or driving on two wheels for X number of seconds. All of these stats are tracked and you can view your misison progress from the main menu in your trailer.

But the best feature that they added was the flashback system from Grid.
I can't begin to explain how much frustration and restarts flashback would have saved me in Dirt.

I didn't get too much into the online play but I did run a few rallycross events which were pure fucking mayhem. Lack of decent online play was preobably the biggest shortfall of Dirt... It looks like Dirt 2 has plugged up that hole. There were lots of people online playing and races were quick to get into.

I really have nothing bad to say about the game.
The visuals and sounds are phenomenal and the gameplay is a blast.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I have a new stalker! I don't even have to post and he's still obsessed with me.

fag
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Err, He's replying to you on a thread you started.. That's not exactly stalking..
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Your 'review' is fucking horrible.
You should just delete it and stop faggoting up the forums by trying to review games that you've stolen and played for 5-10 minutes.

Your just wasting our time.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

stalker
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

moron
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Oh Jesus Jew christ, haven't you guys reached the point of a anger fuck yet? I mean as cute as this whole thing is...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:moron

Aren't you the fucking dipshit that kept harassing me about not owning a PS3 and then finally asked me to post my gamer tag, I did so, you accepted my invite and then promptly shut the fuck up about it and moved on to your next moronic piddlyass bitchfest directed at me? Thought so.

move along
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

You have 1 game on your PS3 and you never even turn it on.

You played Dirt2 for 10 minutes then wasted your time posting a worthless 'review'.

You faggot up so many threads with your useless, idiotic, off-topic garbage that calling you out on your bullshit every once in a while is totally warranted.

So stop acting like a whiny little bitch when I flame you for posting stupid shit
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:You have 1 game on your PS3 and you never even turn it on.

And that's EXACTLY what I said, although it's two games you stupid fuck. I said that before your moronic harassment yet you still continued to tell me I didn't own a PS3. You're an idiot.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm pretty sure you're the bigger idiot for spending hundreds of dollars on a console you never even turn on... because you're too fucking cheap to actually pay for games.

And I think most people here really don't give a fuck about your shitty, half assed reviews for stolen games that you play for 15 minutes.
Just go back to regurgitating the xbox fanboy crap on the PS3 thread and leave the game reviews to people who actually play them.
Please.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:I'm pretty sure you're the bigger idiot for spending hundreds of dollars on a console you never even turn on... because you're too fucking cheap to actually pay for games.
The PS3 is a piece of shit. I prefer the 360. I can afford to buy a console and not play it if I choose. I played around with the piece of shit PS3 console. I replaced the defective piece of shit hard drive in it. I installed piece of shit linux on my piece of shit PS3. I've done more than you with my piece of shit PS3 that is more capable than your non backward compatible piece of shit PS3.

Why the fuck would I buy games for a console that might permanently deform my hands from the unergonomic piece of shit controller? I've sat through the endless fucked up, long firmware updates with a bandwidth pipe faster than your piece of shit bandwidth pipe. I've experienced the crappy "Home" 3D environment.

I'll continue to post my comments about games I play. They are on the 360 asshole, not the PS3. FFXIII is the only possible PS3 title I might choose over 360 if I can buy some sort of controller that doesn't double as a torture device.

Keep on stalking me fool.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Got into some more online races tonight and quite a further into the carreer mode.
There's gotta be literally hundreds of liveries. I really like the dashboard and windshield toys.

I haven't found a single thing to gripe about with this game.

Winnow, could you please take your offtopic posts to the PS3 thread?
http://www.veeshanvault.org/forums/view ... 47&t=19015
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This game is awesome as I mentioned in the first post.

The original Dirt was more to my liking than Forza and PGR so it will be interesting to see how the latest versions of Forza and Grand Turismo stack up to Dirt 2 later this year.

Miir: the derailing of this thread is completely your fault. Re-read the thread.