Nine Inch Nails done?

Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Nine Inch Nails done?

Post by Gzette »

I saw them again this past weekend at Bonnaroo (yes it was awesome) and Trent announced that the 1 am show was their final show in the U.S. ever. He thanked us for all the support over the years and was noticeably saddened. Played a kick ass set which included several covers. They're off to Europe and elsewhere now, and I assume they're done at the end.

:(
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Nine Inch Nails done?

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well that fucking sucks :(
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Gzette wrote:I saw them again this past weekend at Bonnaroo (yes it was awesome) and Trent announced that the 1 am show was their final show in the U.S. ever. He thanked us for all the support over the years and was noticeably saddened. Played a kick ass set which included several covers. They're off to Europe and elsewhere now, and I assume they're done at the end.

:(
Oh, I thought this was pretty well known (the NIN section of the tour was called "Wave Goodbye"). He plans to work on other musical endeavors (with NIN stuff possible), but he is done with touring. He just got engaged, and plans to spend awhile taking a break after he gets married. Oh, he also recently discovered internet trolls, and decided to stop posting on the internet =P.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

good for him. though Trent's happiness means less badass pissed off depressed angry music which I love. what bitter irony haha
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Gzette wrote:good for him. though Trent's happiness means less badass pissed off depressed angry music which I love. what bitter irony haha
Haha, Sueven was telling me about some interview in the past year or so where he admitted he was happy.

I am confident that he'll keep making music in some capacity, and I think he may return to NIN / touring again someday (he did take a long break between the Fragile and With Teeth). Glad I caught the last 3 tours though.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

Aardor wrote:
Gzette wrote:good for him. though Trent's happiness means less badass pissed off depressed angry music which I love. what bitter irony haha
Haha, Sueven was telling me about some interview in the past year or so where he admitted he was happy.

I am confident that he'll keep making music in some capacity, and I think he may return to NIN / touring again someday (he did take a long break between the Fragile and With Teeth). Glad I caught the last 3 tours though.
Same. My GF was very happy to catch the last 2 chances she had (her first 2 shows). She asked if I was sad, and I said no. I definitely saw enough shows to be happy. And you're right, at some point NIN will likely tour again.
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I saw Nine Inch Nails a few years ago in Dublin, at a place called Marley Park, they were completely amazing 8) This is sad, I would have liked to have seen them again :( .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I got to see them in a tiny theatre before their first album. They opened for Jesus and Mary Chain and blew them away. Sad to hear, but he will probably still make music. He could have just taken a few years off and relaxed.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Nick wrote:I saw Nine Inch Nails a few years ago in Dublin, at a place called Marley Park, they were completely amazing 8) This is sad, I would have liked to have seen them again :( .
They're doing the Europe leg of the tour now, so you still might be able to catch them if they have a date near you.
http://tour.nin.com/
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Doh, Oxegen (the only Ireland gig) is a 250 pound weekend ticket. It's notorious as one of the most violent and shitty festivals in Europe, largely because the North Dublin Spide (hoodie wearing knife wielder twats) frequent it in large numbers, ignore the music and concentrate on stealing things from people's tents.

So unless I head to Paris or London or something it seems that's that. And if I had the money to go to Paris I'd be there now :P

Doh :(