E3 2009!!

Get off the damn computer, and play with your TV, it misses you!

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: E3 2009!!

Post by miir »

Aslanna wrote:The Second Annual E3 Hype Massacre
People play games to unwind and no one unwinds by coming home and waving their arms about like an air traffic controller covered in beetles.

:vv_yeahthat:
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Sometimes I play games to unwind, Sometimes I play games to have fun. Sometimes I play games to let off some steam.

Natal/motion control fits well into 2/3 on those specific scenarios.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:Sometimes I play games to unwind, Sometimes I play games to have fun. Sometimes I play games to let off some steam.

Natal/motion control fits well into 2/3 on those specific scenarios.
Exactly.

I don't like the wii's motion stuff a lot, and that's because most of the games are shitty mini games and the movements are all exaggerated which is annoying as hell if you are trying to unwind. However if Natal pans out how they've claimed it will, I don't see the movement being as exaggerated and annoying for most games.

We'll see.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I wont disagree that SOME games (or some category of software that hasn't been invented yet) will be enhanced by something like Natal. But overall I don't think it will have the degree of control most games require. Even something like that Breakout thingie where you hit the ball would start to annoy me since it looked hard to tell where to position your arm so that you didn't miss the ball. Other than that it looked a bit fun. But something like Burnout Paradise, which I also saw being demoed... No thanks.

Two years ago MS and Sony people laughed at Nintendo over motion control. Now they're all over it. I find that amusing.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:I wont disagree that SOME games (or some category of software that hasn't been invented yet) will be enhanced by something like Natal. But overall I don't think it will have the degree of control most games require. Even something like that Breakout thingie where you hit the ball would start to annoy me since it looked hard to tell where to position your arm so that you didn't miss the ball. Other than that it looked a bit fun. But something like Burnout Paradise, which I also saw being demoed... No thanks.

Two years ago MS and Sony people laughed at Nintendo over motion control. Now they're all over it. I find that amusing.
It's funny that you mention that. When they had Natal on Jimmy Fallon a few weeks ago, Jimmy himself whiffed the ball 2 or 3 times on-air during his turn at bat.

It is definately going to require it's own class of game to work properly however I am looking forward to facial recognition sign in to the xbox as well as browsing the UI without having to pick up a controller or the universal remote.