Beer Butt Chicken

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Lynxe
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Beer Butt Chicken

Post by Lynxe »

A few friends tried this recently and said it was fantastic. Thought I'd give it a shot tonight! Here is one of the receipes I found for it:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Beer Butt Chicken :oops:
(http://www.outofthefryingpan.com/recipe ... butt.shtml)

This chicken is the juiciest, most mouthwatering bird you'll ever try. I also like the aspect of theater when you cook it, because it looks so damned weird on the grill, people will wonder what brand of crack you switched to.

1 whole chicken
1 tall can o' beer (16 oz. tallboy)
olive oil
4 cloves garlic crushed
salt and black pepper

your favorite beer (for marinating the chef!)

seasoning for chicken (or use a seasoning blend or your own favorites):

4 cloves garlic, crushed
fresh basil
a pinch of cayenne
salt and pepper

1. Start with a hot grill (coals all white and ready to cook). Drink about 1/4 of that can of beer. Set it aside 3/4 full and have a couple of full ones, real beer this time—no sissy canned stuff.

2. Get the chicken ready for cookin'. Trim some of the fat, get rid of the giblets (here kitty kitty!). Rub liberally with your favorite meat rub. I prefer olive oil, basil, lots of fresh pressed garlic, salt, and a pinch of cayenne. Some folks like Zartarain's or some such store bought concoction, but whatever.

3. Get a can opener or some such tool and open up the top of the can and drop in the crushed garlic.

4. Oil up the can and lower that chicken over top of it. The beer can goes into the chicken's body cavity and allows the bird to stand upright.

5. Cover your grill and cook the chicken until its wings are loose and the skin turns clear. This is terrific with our garlic and potatoes or roasted corn.
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I have been wanting to try this out for quite some time! :D I usually cook chicken in my rotisserre, which is fantastic, but I like this idea and think it may be damn good! :D
en kærlighed småkager
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

While I will say, passive braising will keep your meat moist, I will never say cooking + aluminium is a good idea
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Beer Butt Chicken

Post by Ransure »

Im just about to try this in the oven... Ive been wanting to make it for a while. I just used the magic poultry rub from some chef and I will be using a mason jar full of beer.

Will post how it turns out :)
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!