WoW Discussion
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Official WoW Mouse

Post by Fairweather Pure »

http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/10/stee ... e-that-mu/

Seeing as how my computer is mainly used for WoW, and the fact that my curent mouse of 4 years is finally kicking the bucket, I may actually give this a shot.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Official WoW Mouse

Post by Winnow »

-don't like bright LEDs on my mouse
-doesn't mention the dpi
-that 70's looking pattern where your thumb will rest doesn't look comfortable, besides adding to the overall ugliness of the device
-wired (2000 dpi G7 wireless mouse rocks)
-if that's brushed aluminum, I hate the feel of that on a mouse
-that WoW sticker looks like an afterthought
-16 million illumination choices with 3 intensity and pulsation levels (mentioning this non factor as a feature is kind of lame...and pulsating? annoyance factor raises +3)
-World’s first gaming mouse designed exclusively for World of Warcraft® (from website) What exactly is special about it for Warcraft besides that little out of place white sticker?

Mouse feet and dpi not given on their website

pass
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Winnow does bring up a few good points, the patterning looks like it could get irritating. SteelSeries is known for making quality, very durable products tho. And I never want to use a wireless mouse; running out of batteries is annoying and expensive!

If you can get a feel for the mouse before you purchase that'd be best, but I'd at the very least wait to read some reviews.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

The in-game support is what makes me want to check this out. Drag and drop macros seems like a good idea.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dregor Thule wrote:And I never want to use a wireless mouse; running out of batteries is annoying and expensive!
Logitech G7 has two batteries. One in the mouse and one in the base of the USB receiver. You just swap them out when the batter is low. 5 seconds. I even did it once during a battle in Warhammer when I didn't notice the light blinking beforehand. DPI is excellent @2000, better than almost any wired mouse besides dedicated 3200 gaming mice. Huge Feet for super smooth gliding. (same form factor as wired G5)
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

Winnow wrote:
Dregor Thule wrote:And I never want to use a wireless mouse; running out of batteries is annoying and expensive!
Logitech G7 has two batteries. One in the mouse and one in the base of the USB receiver. You just swap them out when the batter is low. 5 seconds. I even did it once during a battle in Warhammer when I didn't notice the light blinking beforehand. DPI is excellent @2000, better than almost any wired mouse besides dedicated 3200 gaming mice. Huge Feet for super smooth gliding. (same form factor as wired G5)
Not rechargeable? That's surpirising. I have an old logitech wireless keyboard/mouse and have yet to have to change the batteries. Regular in the keyboard, and rechargeable in the mouse. I just set the mouse on the usb stand and it recharges when not in use. Couldn't be simpler.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

lmnt9 wrote:
Not rechargeable? That's surpirising. I have an old logitech wireless keyboard/mouse and have yet to have to change the batteries. Regular in the keyboard, and rechargeable in the mouse. I just set the mouse on the usb stand and it recharges when not in use. Couldn't be simpler.
eh? It has two rechargeable batteries. you mean permanent rechargeable batteries you can't remove.

I remember my MX700 and MX1000 running out of juice in less than a day and then I'd be mouseless. I prefer the removable rechargeable swap battery method.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Less than a day? I've only had my wireless mouse run out of juice on me twice...and both times was when I was on a wow marathon, and i had left if off the charger the previous night...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Skogen wrote:Less than a day? I've only had my wireless mouse run out of juice on me twice...and both times was when I was on a wow marathon, and i had left if off the charger the previous night...
MX700 ended up being less than a day before recharge with heavy use, I may be wrong on the 1000. I ran into the double click issue with my MX1000 so early on that I don't recall much besides not liking the thumb rest.(same with the Revolution re: thumb rest)

G7 I've had two of (first ran into double click issue after one year which isn't bad considering the amount of use my mice get) Feet were still good on it though! Wore the MX700's out really fast.
lmnt9
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by lmnt9 »

I guess I don't use my mouse enough to drain the battery in one sitting - that would be scary.