WoW Discussion
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

BlizzCon 2008

Post by Sargeras »

UK site has official announcement.

http://www.blizzard.co.uk

I highly recommend this to anyone who has ever thought about going.

Official dates: Oct 10-11
Price: $100

Last year, tickets sold out within 2.5 days. So I'd watch for when they go on sale if you really want to go.
Sargeras Gudluvin - R.I.P. old friend - January 9, 2005
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Re: BlizzCon 2008

Post by Dregor Thule »

Blizzcon's just never seemed to have the appeal to me that Fan Faire's did. Maybe it's because, in general, the sense of community in WoW is a million times lower than EQ had. Unless you're a 17 year old kid who thinks "lewl ur n r-tard" is the height of both humour and the english language.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I'd go if they were giving away baby murloc pets again.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Dregor Thule wrote:Blizzcon's just never seemed to have the appeal to me that Fan Faire's did. Maybe it's because, in general, the sense of community in WoW is a million times lower than EQ had. Unless you're a 17 year old kid who thinks "lewl ur n r-tard" is the height of both humour and the english language.
I go to BlizzCon and hang out only with the people I really know, and most of them played EQ also.
Lynxe
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Lynxe »

Considering going....
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Looks like this year's in-game prize was data-mined:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... OTLKC6.jpg

(scroll down to the bottom)
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

worldofwarcraft.com wrote:For everyone contemplating a trip to this year's BlizzCon (October 10-11 in Anaheim, California), we'd like to give you a glimpse of just a few items you might find in your goody bag when you arrive at the show.

If you've ever been on the verge of finishing off a paladin, only to be foiled at the last second, you'll appreciate the 16” inflatable divine shield ball, complete with a paladin inside in the midst of hearthing away. Half of the goody bags handed out will contain the bubble-hearth ball, while the other half will have...

Frostmourne. The very name of Arthas's runeblade strikes terror into hearts across Azeroth. Now it comes to you in a more convenient package, and you don't even have to travel to Icecrown Glacier to get it. As you go about your daily activities, whether they be raising legions of the undead or just brooding on your throne, carrying this 48” inflatable Frostmourne will grant you an extra touch of sinister majesty.

That's just the beginning, though, as both the goody bags and the on-site store will be stuffed with sample products from our licensed partners and plenty more fun and unique Blizzard-themed trinkets, such as Diablo health and mana stress balls, pandaren brewmaster bottle openers, zerg creep, and much more.

And of course, a new BlizzCon brings with it a lovable murloc to welcome into your heart--but murlocs don't always come alone. This one has developed a taste for speed, and sits astride an exclusive polar bear mount, waving a BlizzCon flag. It's the perfect way to cruise Northrend in style.
What... the... fuck... :(
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

You knew you were playing a kids game, right? kids love inflatable shit.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

The hearthball is PERFECT!
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

In addition, all goody bags will come with an 8-inch long inflatable vagina so you can cover your own manhood with it while playing with you squeaky new Frostmourne!
Score!
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

Within 2 sessions, 12,000 BlizzCon tickets sold out within an hour total. There was a huge shitstorm due to the Blizzard Store being unable to handle amount of traffic generated from people trying to purchase tickets.

In reponse, Blizzard said this:
Mike Morhaime wrote:Blizzard Gamers,

On behalf of everyone at Blizzard, I want to apologize for the challenges and frustrations you experienced while trying to purchase BlizzCon tickets on Monday and Tuesday. BlizzCon is about the positive experiences you all have had with Blizzard games. As a result of this week's events, the excitement that many of you felt about the show has turned into dissatisfaction and disappointment.

Due to these circumstances, we've reevaluated our convention hall space and come up with some solutions that will allow us to offer 3,000 more tickets for sale. We know this will not be enough to satisfy the very high level of demand for tickets this year, but we want to ensure that BlizzCon remains a great experience for those of you who are able to attend. To avoid the issues many of you faced this week, we'll be selling these 3,000 via a lottery. We'll post further details once our plans are finalized. Please note that the lottery will only be open to those with an active Blizzard Account as of 9:00 PM PDT on August 12, the time that the “Sold Out” notice was posted.

I, and everyone else at Blizzard, share the frustration and disappointment that many of you have expressed as a result of this process. We'll do what it takes to avoid this type of situation in the future.

Sincerely,
Mike Morhaime
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Talk about a popular Con!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Sargeras
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sargeras »

When I look at these I realize that I take really shitty pictures.

http://www.sargeras.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=588

Yes, BlizzCon 2008 was a huge success imo. I had a great time seeing meeting guildies, and being able to treat some RL friends to a good old Blizzard time while reuniting with online friends again.

IMO, the best pic of me is the LAST one (083).