Obama WILL be the next president

What do you think about the world?
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Obama WILL be the next president

Post by Aslanna »

Noysyrump wrote:
Aslanna wrote:I still don't think they are all that similar. Other than the fact that he is wearing protective headgear.
It's right up there with the bowling stunt. You can tell the man has never been a rider. Seat's too low, tires flat, and what the hell is with that goofy ass fender? As for his choice of riding atire... well I live in an area chock full of mormons, so we can't fault him there.
Yeah, ok, you convinced me. It's exactly like Dukakis in the tank. Thanks for the moment of clarity.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Metanis
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Metanis »

Aslanna wrote:
Noysyrump wrote:
Aslanna wrote:I still don't think they are all that similar. Other than the fact that he is wearing protective headgear.
It's right up there with the bowling stunt. You can tell the man has never been a rider. Seat's too low, tires flat, and what the hell is with that goofy ass fender? As for his choice of riding atire... well I live in an area chock full of mormons, so we can't fault him there.
Yeah, ok, you convinced me. It's exactly like Dukakis in the tank. Thanks for the moment of clarity.
> While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher, whose
> hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a
> conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama
> and his bid to be our President.
>
> The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.'
>
> Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post
> turtle' was.
>
> The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you
> come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post
> turtle'.'
>
> The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued
> to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't
> belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and
> you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up there!.'
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Hahahahahahahahaha, that was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11!"!1
1!
!!!!!
1!
!1!!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

I don't know about hilarious. Yes, I know you were being sarcastic. However, I do find it accurate to a point.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

> While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old Texas rancher, whose
> hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a
> conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to George
> Bush's presidency.
>
> The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle'.'
>
> Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post
> turtle' was.
>
> The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you
> come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post
> turtle'.'
>
> The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued
> to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't
> belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and
> you just wonder what kind of a dumb ass put him up there!.'

HoOHaAlMFaol0lzRof1Amo!!!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Noysyrump
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Noysyrump »

Yeh I've heard the Bush post turtle joke before.
Sick Balls!
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Oh how sweet it is. The latest polls are out and Obama got a post primary surge. According to the most recent surveys, if the election were held today, Obama would collect a whopping 334 electoral votes to McCain's 204. That is a smackdown of epic proportions. However, I'll be the first to admit that polling this far out really can't be trusted. Unfortunately for McCain, there are still 4 glorious and gratifying months of campaigning left to be done and by then I think this map will look even bluer:

source: http://www.fivethirtyeight.com

Yes I think this gap is going to widen. My friend bet me $100 on McCain winning the election, I recently asked him to up the bet to $1000 but he wouldn't do it. I'd like to offer the same bet to anyone on this forum that is willing to take it for any amount of money up to $1000. I say that barring death or incapacitation, Obama wins this election. Just know that any bet I take will be immediately donated to his campaign and then after he wins, I will be reimbursed by you.

In other news, FLORIDA is in play. I always knew it would be but I like to see my donations and few volunteer hours pay off a little bit. Tomorrow I will be signing up for more volunteer work for Obama as well as our local house candidate who is up against a 38 year incumbent. I strongly urge those of you that live in battleground states (there are 20-25 of them this year, check map above) to do whatever you can through donations of time or money to steer this country towards progressive and unimbecilic ideals. Show ignorant buffoons like midnyte that we, as Americans, reject this idiocy and nonsense, corruption and apathy, incompetence and irresponsibility. It is finally our turn this year, so don't just watch from the sidelines! Do something! for yourself, for your children, and for your country's future. Help create a new BLUE America! (because red America blows). Trust me, it's worth the effort.
I tell it like a true mackadelic.
Founder of Ixtlan - the SCUM of Veeshan.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Xyun wrote:Just know that any bet I take will be immediately donated to his campaign and then after he wins, I will be reimbursed by you.
So if someone bets you $100 on John McCain winning and he does you're out $200?
- Ash
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xyun wrote:Oh how sweet it is. The latest polls are out and Obama got a post primary surge. According to the most recent surveys, if the election were held today, Obama would collect a whopping 334 electoral votes to McCain's 204. That is a smackdown of epic proportions. However, I'll be the first to admit that polling this far out really can't be trusted. Unfortunately for McCain, there are still 4 glorious and gratifying months of campaigning left to be done and by then I think this map will look even bluer:

Yes I think this gap is going to widen. My friend bet me $100 on McCain winning the election, I recently asked him to up the bet to $1000 but he wouldn't do it. I'd like to offer the same bet to anyone on this forum that is willing to take it for any amount of money up to $1000. I say that barring death or incapacitation, Obama wins this election. Just know that any bet I take will be immediately donated to his campaign and then after he wins, I will be reimbursed by you.

In other news, FLORIDA is in play. I always knew it would be but I like to see my donations and few volunteer hours pay off a little bit. Tomorrow I will be signing up for more volunteer work for Obama as well as our local house candidate who is up against a 38 year incumbent. I strongly urge those of you that live in battleground states (there are 20-25 of them this year, check map above) to do whatever you can through donations of time or money to steer this country towards progressive and unimbecilic ideals. Show ignorant buffoons like midnyte that we, as Americans, reject this idiocy and nonsense, corruption and apathy, incompetence and irresponsibility. It is finally our turn this year, so don't just watch from the sidelines! Do something! for yourself, for your children, and for your country's future. Help create a new BLUE America! (because red America blows). Trust me, it's worth the effort.
It's so funny that you buy into this idealistic bullshit hook, line and sinker. I actually kinda do hope Obama wins so I can laugh at idiots like you that thought that because he's charismatic and can make a speech that he isn't a politician. Even if he sold or enslaved our entire country and bombed the rest of the world, you wouldn't have the nuts to admit you were wrong.

I am gonna guess this election stays RED this year, like your TAMPON.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

I'd like to apologise on Funkmasterr's behalf to everyone for having to read his posts.
Gzette
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Gzette »

I'd like to apologise on Funkmasterr's behalf to everyone for having to read his posts.
thank you
Gzette Shizette - EQ - 70 Ranger - Veeshan - retired
Bobbysue - WoW - 70 Hunter - Hyjal - <Hooac>
HOOAC 4 EVAH!

knock knock
who's there
OH I JUST ATE MY OWN BALLS
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I'm currently negotiating with both candidate's camps for my services.
Animale
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Animale »

Based on your recent record of calling basketball series, I hope Obama buys you off to proclaim that McCain is unbeatable.

Animale
Animale Vicioso
64 Gnome Enchanter
<retired>
60 Undead Mage
Hyjal <retired>
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Ashur wrote:
Xyun wrote:Just know that any bet I take will be immediately donated to his campaign and then after he wins, I will be reimbursed by you.
So if someone bets you $100 on John McCain winning and he does you're out $200?
That's correct, I'm essentially "doubling down". If I lose, I donated $100 to a losing campaign and have to pay you, but if I win, you donated to Obama. Any takers?
idiot wrote:I am gonna guess this election stays RED this year, like your TAMPON.
Put your money where your mouth is homo.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Xyun wrote:Oh how sweet it is. The latest polls are out and Obama got a post primary surge. According to the most recent surveys, if the election were held today, Obama would collect a whopping 334 electoral votes to McCain's 204. That is a smackdown of epic proportions. However, I'll be the first to admit that polling this far out really can't be trusted. Unfortunately for McCain, there are still 4 glorious and gratifying months of campaigning left to be done and by then I think this map will look even bluer:

If you believe a polling site you are INSANE. Let me put this in Engrish for you: Obamas wirl nots win Ohios. They have not even BEGUN attacking him on key issues that will destroy his ass in this state. Do you know one huge reason Ohio has a Dem governor now? Because he was better on key NRA issues than his opponent and the last RINO that ran was a complete buffoon on those issues. We heard the same shit from you idiots in 2000 and 2004. You believe your little polls and when the election comes and you all are sitting around whining and looking at how you can try and file a lawsuit to change the election, I will be laughing and laughing at your stupidity again.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xyun wrote:
idiot wrote:I am gonna guess this election stays RED this year, like your TAMPON.
Put your money where your mouth is homo.

Put me down for $10, fag.
Xyun
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xyun »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:

If you believe a polling site you are INSANE. Let me put this in Engrish for you: Obamas wirl nots win Ohios. They have not even BEGUN attacking him on key issues that will destroy his ass in this state. Do you know one huge reason Ohio has a Dem governor now? Because he was better on key NRA issues than his opponent and the last RINO that ran was a complete buffoon on those issues. We heard the same shit from you idiots in 2000 and 2004. You believe your little polls and when the election comes and you all are sitting around whining and looking at how you can try and file a lawsuit to change the election, I will be laughing and laughing at your stupidity again.

Wanna bet $$?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animale wrote:Based on your recent record of calling basketball series, I hope Obama buys you off to proclaim that McCain is unbeatable.

Animale

My political forecasting abilities are the opposite of my sports forecasting!

I'm waiting on the VP selections to solidify my pick.
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Let me put this in Engrish for you: Obamas wirl nots win Ohios.
Funny! (and true)
- Ash
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I'll take Obama in the 1st round.

Put me down for 10 cigarettes.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Due to the goofy nature of general elections, I will abstain from taking/placing wagers. However, I am liking how this is shaping up for the Obama camp. While his VP selection (whomever that may be) will most likely cause a great deal of talk, it really does not matter as long as one keeps his VP unarmed.

VPs really don't do much aside from 'goodwill' tours and gaining immense amounts of self-importance during their white house stay. Then, buoyed by this inflated ego and borderline-insane desire to seem important, they go on to do such things as make propoganda documentaries and fleece the good Nobel voters in Scandinavialand.

As far as Ohio, you people scare me. :P

Go Blue!
en kærlighed småkager
Wulfran
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Wulfran »

Canelek wrote:VPs really don't do much aside from 'goodwill' tours and gaining immense amounts of self-importance during their white house stay. Then, buoyed by this inflated ego and borderline-insane desire to seem important, they go on to do such things as make propoganda documentaries and fleece the good Nobel voters in Scandinavialand.
From the limited knowledge I have of your politics I wouldn't ordinarily argue, but will that be true in this election? Key reasons I ask:

1) McCain is old. If he kicks who ya gonna call? Now I'm not wishing it on him or any such thing but he's getting to a point where the odds of longevity are tipping against him, especially after a stress-filled life.
2) Obama and his "inexperience" as touted by first his Democrat and now Republican opponents. Will his selection of someone more "worldly" as VP offset/defuse those criticisms?
3) Your current VP Darth...er... Dick Cheney has to be considered a VERY influential man. He almost seemed to reinvent the position and make it relevant and I wonder if your voters will hang onto that thought as well. Seriously looking back there was Gore (rhymes with snore, like we all did when he spoke), Quayle (did anyone honestly take anything he said seriously?), HW Bush (maybe he had some stroke when Ronnie started to forget shit but not early on: he was Mr International Funeral Attendor). I don't remember Carter's and was too young to notice earlier than that but no one gives anything like the impression of wielding power and influence (and possibly it is JUST an impression) that Cheney does: will this last?
Wulfran Moondancer
Stupid Sidekick of the Lambent Dorf
Petitioner to Club Bok Bok
Founding Member of the Barbarian Nation Movement
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I think the influence of the VP is up to the President, which is why a Clinton/Obama ticket was going to be Barack's political death knell because there's no fucking way Hillary would have let the man be relevant, it was supposed to be the Bill and Hillary Show redux.

I'm REALLY curious who the running mates will be on both sides, because John McCain has to counter the age issue and Obamaramalamadingdong has to counter the inexperience issue.
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Wulfie,

Pretty much what Ash said. It really depends on the people involved. Keep in mind, we had 12 years of Quayle/Gore and then another 8 with Cheney. Granted, Ol' Dick is a much more influential person, but he still has relatively little power. His power would have come into being if someone was able to knock of GW.

Back to Clinton's 8 years. Hillary probably had much more influence than Gore if for no other reason than her leet interest group lobbying skills. This is the primary reason I would not want Hillary on Obama's ticket. I think she is just self-serving enough to be a risk. Of course all poilticians are self-serving, but not allowing her to be in the white house again is a fair mitigation.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ashur wrote: I'm REALLY curious who the running mates will be on both sides, because John McCain has to counter the age issue and Obamaramalamadingdong has to counter the inexperience issue.
McCain would have to team up with a pregnant lady's unborn fetus as his running mate to balance the age difference.
Daboohk
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Daboohk »

The graveyards are full of indispensable men.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Obama is the best of a bad bunch. The whole system is fucked, to be sure. Much like the British electoral system.

Still, the predictable bunch of racist morons on VV who will go for McCain, despite his proven hypocrisy, idiocy and general "being a fucking moron who OMG GOT TORTURED (in a war you lost, ouch!) - should really be ashamed of themselves.

They wont be, but hey, that's why they are fucking morons afterall eh.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:McCain is the best of a bad bunch. The whole system is fucked, to be sure. Much like the British electoral system.

Still, the predictable bunch of elitist morons on VV who will go for Obama, despite his proven hypocrisy, idiocy and general "being a fucking moron who OMG IS BLACK - should really be ashamed of themselves.

They wont be, but hey, that's why they are fucking morons afterall eh.
Fixed
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

THANK GOD YOU DON'T HAVE A VOTE!

Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Unfortunately for you, no amount of animated gifs on the planet are able to hide the unbelievable retardedness that emanates from the tragic vile little bowel that is your worthless mouth Winnow.

Believe me, it's better to be intelligent and Irish than a stupid flag waving war losing yankiedoodle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:Unfortunately for you, no amount of animated gifs on the planet are able to hide the unbelievable retardedness that emanates from the tragic vile little bowel that is your worthless mouth Winnow.

Believe me, it's better to be intelligent and Irish than a stupid flag waving war losing yankiedoodle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The level of unfunny you just typed calls for 5 LOL's I believe to try and cover up that disaster.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

Don't bother moron, I couldn't give a fuck what you think about anything, so any reply at all that you make is simply a waste of your own time from this point on.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Nick wrote:Don't bother moron, I couldn't give a fuck what you think about anything, so any reply at all that you make is simply a waste of your own time from this point on.
and yours sweetie pie.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Obama would eat your children to become president! Whatever it takes!
July 13, 2008
Obama Supporters on Far Left Cry Foul
By WILLIAM YARDLEY

PORTLAND, Ore. — In the breathless weeks before the Oregon presidential primary in May, Martha Shade did what thousands of other people here did: she registered as a Democrat so she could vote for Senator Barack Obama.

Now, however, after critics have accused Mr. Obama of shifting positions on issues like the war in Iraq, the Bush administration’s program of wiretapping without warrants, gun control and the death penalty — all in what some view as a shameless play to a general election audience — Ms. Shade said she planned to switch back to the Green Party.

“I’m disgusted with him,” said Ms. Shade, an artist. “I can’t even listen to him anymore. He had such an opportunity, but all this ‘audacity of hope’ stuff, it’s blah, blah, blah. For all the independents he’s going to gain, he’s going to lose a lot of progressives.”
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

Tell her to stop watching Fox News then. What exactly has he flip flopped on Iraq? He said he was going to implement a timetable within 16 months, and then, later on, he said...the exact same thing! Amazing! Flip flopping to the extreme!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kaldaur wrote:Tell her to stop watching Fox News then. What exactly has he flip flopped on Iraq? He said he was going to implement a timetable within 16 months, and then, later on, he said...the exact same thing! Amazing! Flip flopping to the extreme!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02094.html

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0708/11535.html

Here's a couple links to help you educate yourself on that very topic.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/1 ... two-weeks/

And here's a good one on McCain.

They're politicians. Don't back the person or quote what they say. It's all bullshit. You have no idea what any of them truly stand for, because they truly stand for so many sides on every issue. You vote on party lines, because at least you have an idea of what stances they will govern upon.
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

haha, yes let's educate ourselves with the Washington post, aka Fox News "men on the ground". :roll: :roll:
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kaldaur »

The first link you provided said nothing about Obama and the Iraq War, which is what we were discussing. The second one said that after a trip to Iraq, he would 'refine his policy'. Where exactly is the flip flop? He said it could take as long as 16 months, which is what he said last year. Good lord, quit taking the bait of the opposition parties Midnyte. You have to think for yourself. I don't run around calling John McCain a flip flopper because the idea in itself is silly. People are going to change their minds, and that's natural. But Obama hasn't shifted on Iraq, and you're just feeding the fires by spreading this idea that flip-flopping is bad.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kaldaur wrote:The first link you provided said nothing about Obama and the Iraq War, which is what we were discussing. The second one said that after a trip to Iraq, he would 'refine his policy'. Where exactly is the flip flop? He said it could take as long as 16 months, which is what he said last year. Good lord, quit taking the bait of the opposition parties Midnyte. You have to think for yourself. I don't run around calling John McCain a flip flopper because the idea in itself is silly. People are going to change their minds, and that's natural. But Obama hasn't shifted on Iraq, and you're just feeding the fires by spreading this idea that flip-flopping is bad.
*sigh* Where do you see me cast dispersions on Obama for flip flopping? You don't. You asked what he might have flip flopped on and I gave you a link or two to review. An intelligent man revises his position on any issue once new information is available on said issue. The problem with flip flopping to me, is that they often do that on a daily basis depending on what the crowd in front of them wants to hear. I find that revolting and misleading. I find I have as much faith in these politicans that do that as I have in religion and global warming.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:*sigh* Where do you see me cast dispersions...
Aspersions.

Contrary to the popular portrayal in the media, Obama's Iraq position has been relatively consistent. His decision to not accept public financing has been misrepresented as "breaking a promise," but he never made a promise to use public financing. The only really disturbing and irritating flip that I'd attribute to Obama is his position on the recent FISA bill, specifically his capitulation on the subject of telecom immunity. That change pissed me off, but he's still the most preferable legitimate candidate available, so my support for him hasn't changed.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/arc ... over_s.php

Wow. Katie Couric of all people? You go girl!
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Because Katie Couric is too fucking stupid to understand direct, simply-stated words in her native tongue, you're applauding her? You go, guy!
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Xatrei wrote:Because Katie Couric is too fucking stupid to understand direct, simply-stated words in her native tongue, you're applauding her? You go, guy!
I wouldn't normally defend someone in the media, but she understood precisely what he said. She was just being repetitive to press the issue and try to make him look bad (not that I'm saying she succeeded). And I think you now that full well, so stop being a douche.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_ed ... rity/64271

Oh boy. I wonder if this is true and when the mainstream media will investigate this and report on it.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xatrei wrote:Because Katie Couric is too fucking stupid to understand direct, simply-stated words in her native tongue, you're applauding her? You go, guy!
He wasn't being clear at all. He rarely is. In an interview the ohter day on the same topic he basically said that he needed an issue to set himself apart from the Bush admin. He was being honest there. Not so honest with Katie.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
He wasn't being clear at all. He rarely is. In an interview the ohter day on the same topic he basically said that he needed an issue to set himself apart from the Bush admin. He was being honest there. Not so honest with Katie.
Bullshit. He's stated his position on this subject countless times in the last week or two alone. He's been as direct and forthcoming about his position on the surge as he can be. If you have a hard time wrapping that rock-filled head of yours around it, that's your own failing.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Xatrei wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:
Bullshit. He's stated his position on this subject countless times in the last week or two alone. He's been as direct and forthcoming about his position on the surge as he can be. If you have a hard time wrapping that rock-filled head of yours around it, that's your own failing.
just from the transcript, one could easily assume that he said:

He believes that the troop surge worked, and he would not have supported it even knowing that it worked. That's the part that I think people are referring to.
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

He does not believe that the surge worked. He believes that it produced some beneficial results, and that it has contributed to the reduction in violence in Iraq, but it has failed to assist the Iraqi government arriving at the political goals that drove the surge. There's never been any doubt that deploying several more brigades into Iraq would have a positive impact. However, the surge's success is not measured simply by whether or not it positively impacted the situation in Iraq. It certainly helped, but there were several other important (many would say more important) factors that have caused the vast reduction in violence, primarily the Sunni Awakening and the Mahdi Army standing down. Iraq still has not made the political progress that was the primary goal of the surge. Obama would not change his stance on the surge because he, and many others, still believe that the solution favored by the left at the time would have produced better results. I don't disagree. I think that Obama has repeatedly stated this position clearly and without any confusion, except that imagined by his political foes.
Last edited by Xatrei on July 23, 2008, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:http://www.nationalenquirer.com/john_ed ... rity/64271

Oh boy. I wonder if this is true and when the mainstream media will investigate this and report on it.
It's actually going to be breaking national headlines tonight. I think it's going to debut after the interview with Bat Boy.