Music/concert reviews and discussion

Moderators: Drolgin Steingrinder, Truant

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Stolen Babies - Euro Tour

Post by Canelek »

This is a must-see, kids. Chick singer (she is super-hot) goth/punk/pop/caberet/Tim Burton soundtrack awesomeness. Check them out! :D I was turned onto them while in LA and have seen them twice in Portland. Serious fun! :D :D :D

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 1e3a74c3be

en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Re: Stolen Babies - Euro Tour

Post by Tyek »

Looks like several of them were in the Fratelli's. Another pretty good band.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

That is correct, although I have not heard any of their work. Stolen Babies has only been around for a few years, with their LP coming out about a year ago. Definately an interesting mix.

Also, their cover art, etc is all drawn by Crab Scrambly, who is an excellent artist, imo. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I was thinking it was this band, but it may be a different band they were part of

http://www.myspace.com/littlebabyfratelli
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Nope, that isn't them. I think The Fratellis were their high school band/performance art group. I hope Stolen Babies continues to crank out unique and excellent music. I absolutely dig it. I was super-stoked to see them twice last year--both times in venues that were tiny so I could get right up to the stage. Unfortunately, bands that go through Portland generally play the next night in Seattle so there is no time for them to hang out in the bar afterwards. =/ LA was much easier to talk with the bands (unless they were really popular).
en kærlighed småkager
Nick
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Nick »

The Fratellis are terrible. Unless its not the fratellis that are semi-big in the UK. Those guys are piss poor.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Ok, clearing this up.

Stolen Babies formed out of a high school performance group called The Fratellis. This is not to be confused with the Glasgow Power-trio The Fratellis (heard/seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKQK8rYZNHY ).

The two groups have nothing to do with one another and have not shared members in the past. Just a coincidence.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Shame, they're playing as support for The Dillinger Escape Plan here in Copenhagen on march the 5th - I hate TDEP and their mathcore ilk, and the tickets are $40... No go for me, I'm afraid!
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I'm not familiar with DESP. Stolen Babies are relatively new, so I am sure will play with just about anyone! Last year it was Lacuna Coil, but I am not a fan so much of them.

Luckily, Stolen Babies is normally one of the first acts, so I can skip everything else and not have to wait long. :)

$40 for a fucking ticket??
en kærlighed småkager
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

mathcore
Haha, perfect.

I can handle Dillinger Escape Plan in very small doses.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z