Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Meatballs for Lala :D

Post by Canelek »

Here you go….

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italian Meatballs

2 lbs ground beef
1-cup bread crumbs (Italian style)
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan
2 eggs
1-teaspoon ground basil
1-teaspoon ground oregano
* 2 tablespoons Sriracha chile sauce (Vietnamese Serrano chili sauce (clear squeeze bottle))
4-6 cloves garlic (finely minced)
* 1-tablespoon crushed red pepper
Any pasta sauce (equivalent to 2 jars of store-bought)
Pasta (Capellini)

Have sauce (homemade or store-bought) simmering in large pot (2 jars should do the trick) : )

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix ingredients in bowl until consistent
Roll into balls ~1.5-2” diameter
Lightly coat casserole dish (8x14) with olive oil to prevent sticking
Arrange meatballs in single layer (Excess meat can be stored in the freezer)
Place on middle oven rack
Cook 10-12 minutes or until they start to brown
Turn them over
Continue to cook until they are cooked through
Use tongs to place meatballs into sauce
Simmer meatballs in sauce for 25-30 minutes

Keep them warm and bring a pile of toothpicks for folks to use for an appetizer, throw em over pasta(capellini) for dinner or serve some toasted Italian or French bread that people can use to make little sammiches.

* - If you do not like spicy foods at all, leave (*) items out. However, this is really only mildly spicy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
en kærlighed småkager
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Thanks! :D
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Lalanae
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Lalanae »

Edit: nm, I should have read the recipe closer!
Lalanae
Burundi High Chancellor for Tourism, Sodomy and Pie
Unofficial Canadian, Forbidden Lover of Pie, Jesus-Hatin'' Sodomite, President of KFC (Kyoukan Fan Club), hawt, perververted, intellectual submissive with E.S.P (Extra Sexual Persuasion)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Meatballs for Lala :D

Post by Funkmasterr »

I thought I'd chime in here, I am looking for some ideas for dinner tonight and I came across this. While I am not giving up my recipe for my families sauce, I will share my little variation of this for the meatballs, this is the way my grandparents from Sicily taught me to make them :)

For every 1 lb of ground beef (the less lean the better, adds flavor/cooks better)

1 cup parmesan cheese

1 cup plain toasted bread crumbs (I prefer the brand Bella) *Important they are plain, you can do the seasoning yourself with fresh ingredients*

1-2 eggs (I use 1)

1 teaspoon basil (I use fresh and mince it up myself)

1 teaspoon oregano (again, use fresh)

5 cloves garlic minced (alternately, you could use 1-2 tablespoons or so garlic powder)

***Optionally you can also mix in some pork - a half pound per every pound of beef. My grandparents do this to add flavor, but I skip it - they turn out just as good without it.

You can go about cooking them the same way as Canelek describes above (I generally cook my sauce for about 8-10 hours so I just put them in the oven for about 10 minutes to brown them then let them cook in the sauce).